Hobart William Smith Colleges Top Questions

Alexia

HWS is a community. The professors know the names of their students, the students know the names of everyone in their residential building, and no building is more than a 15 minute walk away. The intercampus connections are almost as good as the connections between current students and alumni. Hundreds of HWS almumni have committed themselves to helping current students and future graduates find their place in the real world. The HWS community is the school's best factor during a student's four enrolled years and after.

My school is very well known for their abroad program, which is very large for the size of Hobart and William Smith. The abroad opportunites are endless. The students are strongly advised to take advantage of the study abroad. I went to Copenhagen, Denmark and had the time of my life. Not only was I able to learn so much about a foreign culture, but I also learned so much about myself as a person and I became very independent. My abroad experience has forever shaped my life and it is something I will never forget.

On Lake Seneca- beautiful campus. Division 3 sports are very competitive, especially for William Smith (women). Community service focused. Strong study abroad program. Strong alumni network.

L

acedemics

Phylicia

Liberal Arts Education; Division 1 Lacrosse Team; Marriages between Hobart and William Smith Students; Amazing landscaping; Seneca Lake

Its lacrosse and sailing team.

Doug

Being a liberal campus with a Division 1 lacrosse team and great academics and athletics.

Being culturally diverse and liberal while having a great sense of community

My school is known for being a strong liberal arts school. They do have a very strong pre-med program and economics is very strong as well. Also Lacrosse is very popular at my school.

Gregory

The division 1 lacrosse team and the infamous "Shooter McGavin" from Happy Gilmore.

econmics

Libby

Small school offering a strong liberal arts education.