Hobart William Smith Colleges Top Questions

emily

the lack of community feeling

Lelde

The weather in Geneva is horrible.

Jillian

The administration often treats us like children.

William

How small it is. This leads to everyone being in everyone elses business. And the fact that it costs over $50,000 a year and they still nickle and dime students on everything.

Sometimes the school seems too small and lacks opportunities that might be available at a larger campus.

The social scene can sometimes be frustrating since campus security is pretty strict and there aren't too many huge parties. Except the occassional frat party.

Ross

getting the run around from the administration, the cost vs. value, and the geographic location in a dead town where we are the constant targets of the local police and there is nothing to do off campus execpt go to bars for 21+ (even the frats are technically on campus and operated by the school)

Joshua

It's very politically apathetic, with a disdain toward liberal politics from the administration and many students. Desires to be more enviromentally minded, but had difficulty doing so. The students are all mostly of one type: white, rich, uncaring, and conservative.

sam

MIDDLE OF FUCKING NOWHERE