Hempstead, NY
Hofstra University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hofstra University

If I could give advice to my high school senior self, I would tell myself to be less afraid of hurting people's feelings and focus more on what's important to my success. I would also tell myself to be more confident and not to fear being myself and speaking my mind, even if it means I'll be judged. I would tell myself to took forward to the amazing things that are to come in college, and to be prepared for stressful times aw well. I would tell myself to appreciate my time at home more, and would tell myself to go ahead and rush into that relationship, but not to be so heartbroken when it ends. I would tell myself that college really is going to be a new beginning where I can change myself for the better and become someone who actually benefits society and does what before she could talk about doing. The biggest piece of advice I would give myself is not to worry so much, because soon I'll leave the negative people and things behind for a fresh start, planning a better, happier and successful future.

I love telling my friends how awesome all of my teachers are. They are all very knowledgeable and want you to succeed. They also offer extra help during Office Hours. I loved all of my professors and learned a lot from them.

I don't find anything about my school to be frustrating.

Mitchell

The cost is the worst thing about this school. This education comes with a hefty price tag at around $60,000 a year. Apparently the average mid term salary is 90k so hopefully the debt I am going to have will be able to be paid off with my future salary.

Any person who is liberal in every way and is able to be open to new ideas and have a lot of fun! Lots of food choices and student activities to keep you busy forever! Many off campus locations to visit and a very enjoyable college experience for anyone!

The advice I would give to my high school self would be to take as many AP classes as you can because they are practically free and not so much in college. Another fact would be to forget about your social life because you will most likely not see any of them again and work on your education and having grades so you can get a better scholarship and choice of school. Don't be so stressed out about college and learn to relax and enjoy life. You will know who your true friends are in time so don't stress out so much about life. Join as many programs and clubs that you enjoy so you can leave your mark in this world before you graduate and get ready for an amazing journey in college!

Elisheva

The diversity present at Hofstra is near astonishing. With all of the different kinds of people with such unique experiences who come from a wide range of places, including many international students, there's an incredible amount to learn from all of the students. The welcoming atmosphere among the variety of people is one of the best things any college could ever offer.

Don't worry so much about the college applications. Stop putting yourself down for not knowing how to do everything. A year from now, you are in a common room laughing and studying with people who love you. They want you to succeed, and most importantly, you've learned the tools of the trade in order to make sure you do. You are real world ready. You are going somewhere. The road ahead of you is long and rocky, but you have to know that nothing worth having comes easy. You have a good head on your shoulders and you have to use it for positive thinking. The only person capable of truly holding you back is yourself so make sure that you give yourself enough space and time to grow in the next you're. You'll be doing big things soon, ones that make your life better, and others' lives better too. But the only way to get going is to believe in yourself. So what are you waiting for?

This school is not for someone who is closed-minded or reluctant to be flexible and learn about different walks of life. Hofstra University calls for someone who actively seeks new experiences and the variety of life.

IGNACIA

My classmates are driven, goal oriented and infested with school spirit.

My classmates are driven, goal oriented and infested with school spirit.

My school is definitely known for our athletics. Hofstra Pride!

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to actually follow my passion and not doubt myself. I would tell myself to always be open to making new friends, but always watch out for other's motivations. Know that people's issues are not your own. And lastly, sing until your heart bleeds out of your chest because that's what you're best at. Let it pave the way.

Aaron

My classmates can be funny, talkative, and very intellectual.

My classmates can be funny, talkative, and very intellectual.

My school is a suburban school located right next to a major urban center (New York City) with reliable public transport, whereas the other schools I looked at were either urban (in the middle of the city), suburban (with no reliable public transportation in to the urban center), or rural. My school also has an actual campus, where the urban and even some suburban ones did not have a true campus to speak of.

I definitely have some very crucial advice I would give myself. I would tell myself to study hard from the get-go instead of slacking off at the end of every semester. Always pay attention in class. Perhaps the most important advice I could have given myself is "Learn How to Say NO!!". It will help, because part of why I have a low GPA is that when someone wanted to hang out with me, I would always say yes no matter how much work I had to do. I am just learning, at this late stage of the game, how to say NO. Another piece of advice I wouldn't hesitate to give myself is to SET MY ALARM CLOCK! Especially if you have early classes (9am, 9:30am, etc), which will probably happen as a freshman, you need to be on time. Many professors may not care, but there are a whole lot of them that will and won't hesitate to deduct points from your final grade if you exceed a certain number of absences or tardies. I would give anything to go back and give myself these crucial pieces of advice.

Joshua

Students at Hofstra University come from a more upper middle class family. Students at the university like to get involved in organizations such as fraternities and sororities as well as sport clubs. Most importantly, students love the school.

adrian

If i could go back in time and talk to myself while i was in high school I would go back at night time and appear just outside my room. I would knock on the window very soft and camly i dont wanna scare myself to death u know what i mean, once I wake up my fainted self I follow up by telling him the right moves to make in high school so my life is better and just how i want it. I would start by telling myself that I have made a huge mystake in life and i need to fix it, i would do this to scare myself and get me motivated on changing my old self. First i would tell him to loose weight to get in shape and that the best thing that would suit for me was joining the high school soccer team at 9th grade and to work hard and none stop and that i will love soccer because i love enething that keeps my mind busy and am very talented for the sport i would tell myself that its my destiny to become the best soccer player the world has known.

Laura

It is best known for it's beautiful campus. Our school is a registered greenhouse or something so we have over 100 hundred different plants and trees.

The fact that i can see the ny skyline from the top floor of my dorm

Try harder to make your grades better. Dont chicken out of trying new things and joining new groups. dont let petty problems consume your thoughts, they arent worth it, neither are the people they are over.

Shannon

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to relax a little bit and live in the moment. In high school, I was so focused on how I looked on paper that I tended to neglect my social life. Now that I am in college, while I am maintaining a 3.58 GPA, I struggle to find a happy medium between having a healthy social life and being appropriately studious, especially now that I have so much freedom. Additionally, I would advise my high school self to stop being to reliant upon my former teachers and college counselors to present me to applications and deadline reminders because after graduation, I would be on my own.

A person who is quiet, reserved, and unmotivated may want to rethink his or her decision to attend. Hofstra is for repsonsible young men ad women who are going to confidently pursue their goals and be proactive.

Generally speaking, in college it is especially important that an individual be proactive. Hofstra University is a relatively large campus and there is not anybody around to hold your hand and guide you to various activities fairs and lead you to job opportunities. It is the responsibility of the student to be persistent and repeatedly call offices and meet with teachers if they want something. Other than that, I am thoroughly satisifed with my choosing Hofstra University.

Cyndi

My classmates vary depending on what class I am in: if it's a major class, they're all extremely dedicated, driven, hardworking, and sociable, however if it's a gen ed class, they tend to be dispondent.

To be honest, anyone can attend this school. We have such a diverse student body. I would say the only thing you need is an open mind, because you're going to be hearing a lot of different ideas in your classes and with conversations with new friends

There will be a lot of changes, both inside you and outside of you. Breathe, and roll with the punches. Take yoga: it sounds silly, but it really is helpful for your stress level and your weight. Do not let the negative people you encounter influence you and change you. Change for the better, not the worse. Those negative people aren't always enemies: more often than not, they can be friends too. Have a good time, but don't be stupid about it. Stop hating your body: turns out, the weight issue isn't your fault, it's a medical issue you were doomed to have once your parent's combined chromosomes to make you. Therefore, it's out of your control. I know it's hard, but learn to love your body, because you won't be subject to a Freaky Friday-esque body switching phenemenon with Scarlett Johanssen any time soon. Who you are attracted to does not dictate who you are: like everything, it's a part of the whole person. You are talented, and are worthy of good, which is something you will still struggle with,but know that. One day, you will believe it.

Hofstra University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.