Hofstra University

« See more reviews of Hofstra University

Honors College is the only thing I havent really mentioned. Being in Honors College has been very beneficial to me. It helped me with meeting other students because it gave me a smaller cross section of the entire campus population. Also being in honors dorming has been great! Everyone is really close knit, and its a great community. Its always a pleasure to walk through the lounge and run into 10 people who give you hugs and ask how your day was. Honors College is also always planning great programs and trips. I have been able to attend so many different shows (like the color purple, the christmas spectacular at Radio Hall, and etc etc etc) for free through Honors College. They also have programs like different chocolate tastings and spelling bees! They always plan these fun events that get the student body (of honors college) to get together and get to know each other. Its also convenient to have Honors College to go to whenever i have a problem or need a question answered. You know the people there (secretary, dean, associate dean, etc etc). Honors College really made the transition into college easier.

The uniqueness of this school comes from its students. There are sp many different people from many different walks of life. The other day I met a guy at a party who said "I thought only rich kids went to Hofstra?" Well not everyone has a trust fund, and not everyone has everything here. Don't let Long Island fool you though. The people here are more than just day to day and most other students and friends will surprise you from day to day.

My school is a suburban school located right next to a major urban center (New York City) with reliable public transport, whereas the other schools I looked at were either urban (in the middle of the city), suburban (with no reliable public transportation in to the urban center), or rural. My school also has an actual campus, where the urban and even some suburban ones did not have a true campus to speak of.

Hofstra University is a very competitive school.What i experienced in Hofstra as a transfer student is that the school is designed to aim for the best not better.In my previous school, i always had atleast couple A's but it is very hard to do so in Hofstra. The school is really challenging and in order to be successful in such school, you need to spend the most time you have to study.

The diversity present at Hofstra is near astonishing. With all of the different kinds of people with such unique experiences who come from a wide range of places, including many international students, there's an incredible amount to learn from all of the students. The welcoming atmosphere among the variety of people is one of the best things any college could ever offer.

The one thing that is unqiue about this is school is the amount of school spirit that it has. No matter what race, gender or belief a person has, the people at this school always find a way to untie and come together as one group. People are always there for you no matter what the situation is and this is a very lovely thing to see.

I see many students, regardless of their major, very dedicated to what they want to become. Also it is a very nice campus, is close enough to the city but at the same time is in a suburb so one can never be to far away from any type of lifestyle. Close to urban life, close to rural life, and exsisting in the suburban life.

Hofstra is a nice place to be, the campus is great and I can always pop in to see a teacher. The place is helpful. it is not perfect, i hate the lang requirement some of the major requirements and when classes are closed. its okay though because i can't imagine being anywhere else. You have to take the good along with the bad

It is big enough to feel like a large univerity but not too big so that it overwhelms you. Also, for me, it is close enough to be able to get home relatively easily but feel far enough away that I do not go home often. Finally, it is well located in the fact we have easy access to all of the benefits of city and Long Island.

The best and most unique feature of Hofstra is the small classrooms. Each student gets a chance to speak one on one with the professor in a school, which has the resources of a much larger university. I believe the quality of education that is provided by Hofstra University is unmatched.