Hofstra University

« See more reviews of Hofstra University

You really have to like Hofstra to stay. If Hofstra didn't have the communications program it has I would have been gone long ago. The fact is that Hofstra is like any other college except 3 times for expensive. So if you an go get the same degree and an other college for cheaper do that. Do not wast your time and money on a anthropology degree from Hofstra.

like mentioned before everything can be big, and honors college plays a big part into my life. it started out small but with more people in it and the programs that they hold, it brings a real sense of community. everyone there is great and friendly and always willing to help. its a close community and its great to be a part of it

overall i do like hofstra i but i wish the tuition wasn't as high as it is. it makes me wonder if having a "hofstra degree" is really worth it. i've actually been seriously considering transfering, or not coming back next semester, because i can't afford the tuition here anymore! AT LEAST STOP raising the costs every semester!

I'm a student of the Hofstra Honors College. The Honors program is a lot better than some of the other honors programs I've encountered with other schools. Hofstra's Honors College deals with each person inidividually and on a personal basis. I've had many one-on-one conversations with the Dean of the Honors College.

HUHC is a good opportunity if you are at Hofstra. Honors students get to go to honors events, get honors housing and can take classes for honors credits. I'm filling out this survey mostly for the fundraising thingy (relay for life). I'm not able to help out directly so I hope this does some good. Sorry.

HONORS COLLEGE! if you have the option, be a part of it. they take such good care of you, and give you so many more opportunities than any other institution on campus. it also looks great on the resume, and if you felt at home in AP/honors classes in high school, the community will feel very natural to you.

My favorite part about Hofstra is Honors College. This may sound nerdy, but it really isn't. I've met some of the greatest friends through this program, especially since I am in Honors housing. Also, as an added bonus, there is always free stuff provided by Honors College, so I will never go hungry.

The most imporant thing I can say about Hofstra is that you make it what you want of it. If you go into it with the idea that you are going to make the most of it, then you will. If you go into it saying that it's going to suck, than it is! Hofstra can certainly eat you alive if you let it.

Parking for commuters, and I'm pretty sure everyone, is absolutely horrific. It turns into a death match over spaces and if you're not careful and park on the various side streets, it's very easy to be ticketed by the evil code enforcers lurking everywhere and some tickets are pricey.

My favorite part of Hofstra is Honors College, which isn't as nerdy as it sounds. I've met some of the nicest people here, and we have many of the same interests. Honors College is one of Hofstra's best kept secrets for making a smooth transition from high school to college.