Hofstra University

« See more reviews of Hofstra University

I can't for the life of me understand why so many people think Hofstra sucks. I went to a crappy school for a year; Hofstra is fabulous in comparison. If you figure out what you want out of life, odds are, Hofstra can help you get there.

in addition to the great programs on campus, honors college also has great programs off campus. they are always planning city trips with broadway shows and baseball games. its a great way to get closer to the honors college community

The catering service here is not all that great either. I wish Hofstra would make their own food, rather then hire a catering service. It hikes up the prices and the staff of the catering service are not always the nicest people.

Just come visit. I promise you'll find your niche here, and the faculty will help you pursue it. And you'll meet the absolute best people, as long as you choose to surround yourself with people like you. Come see for yourself:)

I'm also an Honors College student here and seriously, probably one of the better decisions I made when searching for schools. If you get the invite, don't just ignore it. Honors has a great program both academically and not.

honors college really helped in gaining a better sense of community. it made the transition into college easier too because it was easy to get to know honors college before tackling the entire school population.

Hofstra University Honors College is awesome. WE have alot of fun together and everybody helps each other with hw when needed. I really HATE lackmann as they are way over priced and the food isn't that good.

Scholarship- The merit-based scholarship is established upon admittance and is monitored for failure to maintain a certain GPA, but there is no reward given by Hofstra for doing well while you are there.

honors college is the best thing at hofstra. they take care of us so well-- free trips, always donating to our hall council when we ask for help, always trying to educate and better its students.

One thing I really enjoy about going to Hofstra is being part of Honors College, because it provides me with a community of students who enjoy a lot of the same things that I do.