Hofstra University

« See more reviews of Hofstra University

Men's basketball is the most popular sport on campus. Most people attend the games and sit in "The Lion's Den." A frequent saying at games, "If you can't see, stand up." If I am awake at 2am on a Tuesday, I am writing a paper or studying for a big test, otherwise, I am definitely sleeping!

WRHU. The place is incredible. We have more fun there than I've ever experienced. Every time an incoming student asks me what to get involved in -- even if they're not a communications major -- I say the radio station. It can help anyone, regardless of career path.

Basically people party four days a week, at least. It's a big party environment, since so many bars are within walking distance. Also a bunch of off-campus houses are right in the middle of the bar section as well. Really just everything has to do with drinking.

Frat life is fairly big here, but there are no frat houses on campus (awesome!). People party fairly regularly on the weekends, and sometimes during the week, but not too much. Dizzys seems to be a pretty popular place on Wednesdays. Haven't been, myself.

It is so easy to get involved in anything you want to get involved in. There's a club for everything and they are clearly always trying to expand so they're accepting of everyone. The social life is vibrant. Everyone is friends with everyone basically.

a lot of things to do...though many people dont take those opportunities... parties on and off campus... clubs galore... dorm halls are friendly and diverse... its always just a matter if students take the initiative to do something....

I was a little disappointed with the enthusiasm towards athletic events and other on campus activities. Frats/sororities are a large part of the campus life. There isn't a lot to on the weekends that doesn't involve drinking.

there's a lot going on especially this year with regards to politics and the upcoming elections through a series called Educate '08 because Hofstra will be hosting the final presidential debate on October 15, 2008.

People know each other, lots of ways to meet people. Good sports games to go to and clubs to get involved in. Mall and NYC not far away off campus. Drinking on campus but there are other ways to spend the weekend.

The social opportunities here are great. There are always events on or off campus that we are given opportunities to attend. The clubs, especially hall council, let you program your own idea of a fun event.