Hofstra University

« See more reviews of Hofstra University

I boast about my GPA most when I tell my friends about my school. But if there was something special about my school that I am very proud of is the fact that the faculty, students, and all neighboring residents alike help to create an wholesome atmosphere and emphasize that college life can be fun as well. I am particularly proud that my school was chosen for the third presidential debate for 2008. I believe this 2008 Presidential election was an important one for the history books. It represents America's past, present, and future as well as Hofstra University.

When I talk to my friends about Hofstra I brag mostly about the university's social life. There is so much to do and so many ways to get involved. If the university doesn't offer a program that a student is interested in, foundation is always encouraged. There is always something to do on campus, tons of entertainment; in the spring for example we have concerts in the recreational fields. As well the Greek life is highly spoken of, although I am not involved. I appreciate Hoftra's social life because of the life long friends I've made.

The coolest thing about Hofstra University is the location. Inside the campus you feel isolated as if you were in a national park, however, it is only a 15 minute drive to the New York city. The views from inside of the classrooms are extradordinary; with over 200 different plant species on campus, it feels like a sanctuary.

The location. it is on Long Island but still only 40 minutes away from NYC and it makes all my friends back in CO jealous. I love where it is. Its close to the city but far enough away that it is a true college experience.

I love telling my friends how awesome all of my teachers are. They are all very knowledgeable and want you to succeed. They also offer extra help during Office Hours. I loved all of my professors and learned a lot from them.

I often find myself braging about the small classes sizes and the value of having the Professors treat me as an individual and not a number. I also find the School of Communication something to be proud of.

I brag most about how awesome the school spirit is at Basketball games at Hofstra. There's cheers, songs, and so much activity in each game that you'll want to go back again and again.

i brag about the presidential debate held at our school. The most historic election had its last debate here at hofstra university and everyone was so proud to be a part of it.

I have had a number of excellent classes, including one Sociology professor (Mangino) that changed the way I view the world around me and tought me so much.

The campus is absolutely beautiful. There are so many plants and flowers on campus. I also love the food selection and the prices for them are reasonable.