Hofstra University Top Questions

Alysia

I brag about the food at my school. A lot of my friends don't have a lot of choices at their schools so I always tell them about how delicious our choices are.

Scarlett

The campus is absolutely beautiful. There are so many plants and flowers on campus. I also love the food selection and the prices for them are reasonable.

I love telling my friends how awesome all of my teachers are. They are all very knowledgeable and want you to succeed. They also offer extra help during Office Hours. I loved all of my professors and learned a lot from them.

The fact that i can see the ny skyline from the top floor of my dorm

Breanna

I brag most about how awesome the school spirit is at Basketball games at Hofstra. There's cheers, songs, and so much activity in each game that you'll want to go back again and again.

The location. it is on Long Island but still only 40 minutes away from NYC and it makes all my friends back in CO jealous. I love where it is. Its close to the city but far enough away that it is a true college experience.

When I talk to my friends about Hofstra I brag mostly about the university's social life. There is so much to do and so many ways to get involved. If the university doesn't offer a program that a student is interested in, foundation is always encouraged. There is always something to do on campus, tons of entertainment; in the spring for example we have concerts in the recreational fields. As well the Greek life is highly spoken of, although I am not involved. I appreciate Hoftra's social life because of the life long friends I've made.

The dance department.

Mohammad

The coolest thing about Hofstra University is the location. Inside the campus you feel isolated as if you were in a national park, however, it is only a 15 minute drive to the New York city. The views from inside of the classrooms are extradordinary; with over 200 different plant species on campus, it feels like a sanctuary.

Shavonne

I often find myself braging about the small classes sizes and the value of having the Professors treat me as an individual and not a number. I also find the School of Communication something to be proud of.

Stefanie

The diversity of the university is great for all who are willing to meet new people.

It has a great surrounding area including New York City.

i brag about the presidential debate held at our school. The most historic election had its last debate here at hofstra university and everyone was so proud to be a part of it.

I boast about my GPA most when I tell my friends about my school. But if there was something special about my school that I am very proud of is the fact that the faculty, students, and all neighboring residents alike help to create an wholesome atmosphere and emphasize that college life can be fun as well. I am particularly proud that my school was chosen for the third presidential debate for 2008. I believe this 2008 Presidential election was an important one for the history books. It represents America's past, present, and future as well as Hofstra University.

Harmonie

the sport teams

The career opportunity and prestige is growing each and every day (especially with the presidential debate, which I was heavily involved with).

The level of education and preparedness we receive and that we are more likely to be picked for jobs having graduated from this school.

The small classes and availability of professors.

My friends and the great courses offered

That we have a great communications program, that the night life is amazing, and that we are an arborium.

Edward

The last presidential debate is here in the fall

Six week winter break.

Wesleyan

The campus itself is beautiful.

I have had a number of excellent classes, including one Sociology professor (Mangino) that changed the way I view the world around me and tought me so much.

Reputation of the college

the campus is very beautiful and there is a good nightlife scene near by