Hofstra University

« See more reviews of Hofstra University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Hofstra girls are said to be ditzy, spoiled, materialistic, rude, and in most cases, Jewish. While the boys that court these so called JAP's (Jewish American Princesses), are often recognized to be tan and well-manicured themselves, their snappy, nose-to-the-sky attitudes don't prove them to be any more refined then their appearances portray them to be.

Hofstra's entire school population consists of rich long island girls who are dressed head to toe in designer labels and long island guys (dudes) that have overly gel-ed hair and spend 90% of their time at the bar or at the gym. All of these girls and boys love Greek life and put party-ing before studies.

A big stereotype about Hofstra is that it will accept anyone and everyone into it's undergraduate programs. Also, there is a stereotype of "Long Island Girls" and "Guidos" filling the student body.

I'm not aware of too many, but one is that we're all your typical Long Island stock. We aren't really known as a party school per se, but there's a little bit of that impression too.

Hofstra Students are always very handsome and strong. Sometimes there courage and spirit can lead to a revolution that everyone wanted anyways.

People say Hofstra girls always dress up and that people are stuck at hofstra They also say hofstra has the most STDs

There are tons of typical "Long Island girls" on campus, and everyone smokes pot and hangs out at the bars.

That they are snobby Long Island Girls that tan excessivly and wear only designer clothes

Hofstra has a stereotype that it is a big party school with little focus on academics.

"Long Island girls and boys," people in NY are not as nice as people other places...