Hofstra University Top Questions

Elisheva

This school is not for someone who is closed-minded or reluctant to be flexible and learn about different walks of life. Hofstra University calls for someone who actively seeks new experiences and the variety of life.

A person who is quiet, reserved, and unmotivated may want to rethink his or her decision to attend. Hofstra is for repsonsible young men ad women who are going to confidently pursue their goals and be proactive.

Jade

The kind of person that should not attend this school is: - Someone who is narrow-minded -Someone who wants to play football -Someone who doesn't like the steep tuition -Someone who likes a occupy all of their time with activities -Someone who wants to be in a serious sority/franternity -Someone who walks around late at night (not that safe)

Breanna

If you can't stand the television show Jersey Shore and totally hate the idea of it, don't go to Hofstra.

Anyone can attend this school. You don't need friends because there is a ton to do with homework and clubs and volunteering, so someone that can't make friends would still do fine here.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this university is a bigot. Or a racist. Or a person who doesn't want to work for their education. This is a university. Just because the class you're taking sounds easy, that does not mean you are right. Any one who goes here should be prepared for the work that is expected of a university student. Lazy, unmotivated, slug-a-beds need not apply.

Jill

If you are a person who is not used of a diverse community, and you are not willing to change the way you think about people who are unlike yourself, you should not attend this university.

A student who doesn't like large schools with a lot of diversity and holds more conversative views.

If you don't want to walk 10-20 minutes to get to class you shouldn't come here because you have to walk to all of your classes. If you don't like the cold, humid weather, don't come here because it gets really cold. Finally, don't come here if you don't want to succeed, succeeding in life is pushed upon you...they want you to succeed.

Candace

This school has a great deal of diversity among student.

Philip

A enhusiastic person

Jane

I've been told that you shouldn't come here if you don't like to party. Well, I don't party or drink, but I love it here! You have to be able to put up with it though - if you're looking for the most serious environment, don't bother. I might not like to partake, but it's endlessly amusing when the drunks wander onto campus at 1 am screaming and giggling! And one other thing - don't expect the "quiet floors" to let you get too much sleep at night. It won't happen!

Isaac

Someone who shouldn't attend this school would be someone who isn't very opened minded when it comes the way people act in I think Long Island as a whole, or someone who isn't very social, as I think that is a key part to being successful with other students and professors here.

A person who does not like to do anything. There are a plethora of clubs and organizations on campus. There is something for everyone of every almost every background and interest. If you are the type of person that likes to do absolutley nothing and just sit in your room all day, you can still attend, but you won't get your money's worth. With the amount of involovement and social activities there is always somehting to do.

Someone who doesn't like urban or sub-urban areas, and mass-consumerism should not come to Hofstra.

someone who doesn't really care about work, just wants the degree without trying

Kateleen

Any one who has a problem with guidos and whores

Jeff

I believe anyone can attend Hofstra but I certainly wouldn't recommend someone to come here if it is only because they live around the corner or because they do not know what they want to do with their life and Hofstra conveniently accepted them.

those that do not want to do work

Anyone that doesn't have a lot of money shouldn't struggle to attend this school. Prices are too high

People who are afraid of being thrown to the jappy and selfish Long Island residents

Greg

Anyone not from Long Island or New Jersey, anyone who is not an asshole, and those who want to be engineers.