Goodman, MS
Holmes Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Holmes Community College

Deonte

Learning to manage and organize my material would be the biggest advice I would tell myself in high school. I was a organized senior and very neat, but the college life is demanding of excellence. With all notes being labeled, headed, highlighted, there is no room for a slight misplacement of information. Staying on top of your schoolwork is the key to college successfullness.

Before attending Holmes Communtiy College I wish I would have known the detailed evaluation of each class and what the class had to offer. Not being familiar with the name of a course sometimes is overlooked when it could be really helpful.

Honestly my freshman year of college is going great with no complaints. The only frustrating thing is i can not take more than twenty-one credit hours, but thats any college.

Britnee

College is definitely time for fun and partying but the academics should come first because students are there to get an education. I would tell myself to have all the fun in high school because college gets more and more serious the further you advance in completing your major. Battling athletics and academics is not so easy at times. The mind has to be responsible and self-controlled to accomplish what needs to be accomplished while you are in college.

I wish I would have known that there are zero fast food restaurants near by instead of 10 to 25 miles away. I wish I would have known that there was nothing fun to do as well.

There are no fast food restaurants nearby. The school is right in the middle of a small town with a maximum of maybe 50 people living in the city. There is nothing fun to do either.

Phuong

Holmes Community College in Goodman, MS is in the middle of no where, but you can actually focus on the weekends because there is nothing to do!

If I could go back in time knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to do more research in what I want to become. I realized that in high school I was one of those student who always said "I want to go for pharmacy" or "I want to become a doctor"-- but I never actually got out there and job shadowed or did any volunteer work that was in a healthcare setting to expose myself. I would also tell myself to do dual enrollment, where I can go ahead and take college courses such as English Composition I and II to get it out of the way because English at a University is time consuming-- especially when you are taking 17 hours of college courses in Math and Science. Overall, if I was more exposed and did my research in volunteering and job shadowing when I was a Senior in High school I could have realized what I wanted to major in sooner. The more experience we have in the areas we are interested in the more we find out what we want to major and stick with it!

Someone who feels they are not ready for a univeristy level; especially if they are not financially ready. This is a great school to learn how to do loads of work to prepare for a University level course (classes like Western Civilization are helpful with learning how to self-study). I do not reccommend a Science or Math major to attend this school because I feel your most important classes should be taken at a University so you can actually learn the pace of the class.