Holmes Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Holmes Community College

Aelicia

My overall opinion of Holmes Jr college is it is great for someone who is looking to come to school and not looking for any other excitement here on campus. I am student who has joined the few clubs offered here on campus that is appealing for me , such as; student government, mosiacs and i even took the time to start up my own organization. The class size is on the average size which is great for me because i feel more in touch to what my instructors are teaching. Ive never had a problem were i am unable to reach my instructors if i have a question, whether that be through email or visiting them during there office hours. I am not to fund of the selection choice of food but it is do able, there aren't many places to visit as we are in a rural area so you would have to travel several miles for entertainment and restaurants. We don't have class on Fridays which is great for me but then again that's just my opinion. I do hate the fact that we cant stay on campus during the weekend because to me that's just weird and sometime it is a bit of a inconvenience with the constant back and forth. Overall, I love it here .

Keiosha

Holmes Community College was a last minute decision, and to be honest it was the best decision I made. Holmes welcomed me with helpful staffs like advisers that make sure that I had the right credential necessary for graduation. The teachers always helped me with any situation I came upon, and would not leave until I understood it or until the problem was solved. The student body really make Holmes a wonderful environment to be in with the different type of outgoing personalities, friendly conversation and polite manners. Not only does the dedicated faculty and friendly students make Holmes a great college, but the resources, clubs, and course formats make it even better.

Amira

Holmes is a good school. Most professors are really concerned about their students. However, there are a lot of things that could be improved. For instance, the meal plan is not all that great. For $800.00 we should be getting more than mediocre food. The dorms are decent. However, there are times when the A.C goes out, and I'm sleeping in a sweltering hot room. When that's the case, I don't get much sleep. Overall, I love my school. I really do. It has helped me grow a lot. I've met a lot of good friends there. I just wish they would execute things a little better.

Jada

Holmes Community College is a great school to attend, for those who want to start off small in their educational careers. This campus has a great atmosphere and welcoming feel. The teachers and students are relatable and friendly. The school offers multiple activities for the students to get together and have a great time.

Asia

Holmes Community College is an immaculate place to start your education, especially when you are not quite sure where you want to go or what you want to do in life. Despite the attraction lacking location, Holmes is the place I would recommend to any student or any parent in any situation. Its affordability makes it a top notch choice for me and knowing that we lack nothing of schools bigger than us is just an added bonus, The teachers here at Holmes open their classrooms, offices, and their hearts to their students. Here at Holmes, I feel like I am truly surrounded by people who want the best for me. Due to my two years of fun-filled, educational, and environmentally challenging experiences, I can truly say there is no place like Holmes!

Holly

Going to Holmes Community college was one of the greatest decisions I have ever made. The students are unbelievably welcoming, the teachers love their jobs and their students, there are many extracurricular activities to partake in and each student knows how loved they are. My professors are caring, kind, and always accessible whether it is for educational purposes or if a student is personally struggling. I love my school and I would/do highly recommend it to upcoming students.

Mollie

I absolutely adore Holmes. I truly feel welcomed and safe here. I would recommend this school to anyone. I believe that our school is provides a safe environment for us. Everyone is so friendly. There is a variety of classes that we can take. There is never a moment when I fear for my life. I appreciate our police officers that patrol our campus.

Mallory

I attended back in '07 through '09 but had to leave due to a pretty rough automobile accident. I was originally going for elementary education, but realized my heart wasn't truly in it. After speaking with advisors about the emt paramedic program, she very quickly assessed that by taking A&P 1 and 2 over the Sumner, I could graduate in December with not only a certificate in the paramedic program, but by taking a couple of electives, I could also receive my associates degree at the same time. The advisors have been immensely helpful.

Trinity

I attended the campus in Ridgeland,MS which does not have dorms. Overall, I think Holmes CC is an exceptional community college for people. An overall ACT score of 21 or higher is free tuition. It's easy to register for classes and there's many ways to get help for class that seem difficult for students. However I wish there were more more college activities (such as our fall fesitival) held at the campus.

Kelli

I love it. Everyone is so helpful and it was easy even for a 39 year old student like myself. The teachers are great. The foods great. I was scared at first but the overall process went smoothly. The staff are there to help you whenever you need it.

I absolutely love Holmes. It is a very welcoming and academically challenging school. There is a variety of groups to get involved in and the people are very welcoming. The teachers are very available for students who need help or questions. And many are very interested in the success of their students.

Keenen

Holmes community College is an excellent School to attend. I love the class size very nice for teacher and student 1 on 1 time . The Professors are very passionate about the students . They want there students to continue to further there education . Best teaching staff I have ever witnessed . Holmes is best the foundation to begin your journey of being Great .

Alondrea

My opinion of Holmes Community College is that it’s very easy to learn there. I transferred from a University to this college and I can honestly say I love it! There are a lot of resources and the teachers are always available if they are needed. I would strongly recommend attending this college because there you will get the best!

Jermelia

It is great school.

Kylie

I have definitely enjoyed this learning environment. I think there are a few more extra-curricular activities that could be added, but the academics are top-notch. Students are a joy to be around and the professors are extremely intelligent as well as helpful!