Philadelphia, PA
Holy Family University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Holy Family University

Chelsea

Holy Family University has an excellent reputation for providing a high quality education, support to students and the community.

Although, I have not started Holy Family University, I have met kind, welcoming alumni who have supported, guided and encouraged me through my process of applying for entry into school as well as choosing my field of study.

Going back in time Chelsea would be advised to speak with current students, alumni and parents of various colleges. She would value the guidance of her parents regarding her future. Chelsea would be guided through the various questions she had. Chelsea would be encouraged to utilize the school counselor in the process of choosing a college and course of study. Finally, Chelsea would be reassured that the future will be fine and there is always a new beginning.

seda

I would tell myself to not take this experience for granted and not to underestimate the work load. This is a great and growing university which requires a lot of time to study and pay attention in school. I would tell myself to make sure to attend class and an extra curricular activities. Also, to be friendly and meet new people because the friends that you will meet here are life long friends.

The class room sizes. The rooms are more personalized and that way the professors pay more attention to each individual student.

There is lack of parking. It is always hard to find a parking spot.

STEPHEN

Seeking direction and inspiration from the life and teaching of Jesus, affirming the values of the Judeo-Christian tradition, and witnessing the dignity of each person and the oneness of the human family, Holy Family University, a Catholic University and a ministry of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth, located in the norheast of Philadelphia , offers education in the liberal arts and professions through graduate, undergraduate, and non-degree programs and envisions learning as a dynamic and fruitful exchange between traditional sources of wisdom and contemporary developments in knowledge, which makes it stand out well among other universities

I remember my days as a high school senior when I was younger and we were living in the mines. My mother used to admonish me to concentrate more on my education and less on diamonds. "Unlike diamonds, education will be with you till death," my mother used to tell me. I was preparing to go to college at the time but just then I thought it was a waste of time. "What was the essence of seeking so much education if you can get rich from diamonds," I said to my self. Whenever I get money from the sale of diamond, I would go to the night clubs, cinemas, or hang around with pretty girls. Not long however a civil war broke out in my country and, like a lot of other people, I became a refugee in the neighboring country after fleeing. Life really became hard for me in the camp because I did not even have my high school diploma. Those who were graduates or those who had their high school diploma had a better chance of survival. The importance of education actually dawned on me from then on. My mothers words kept coming back to me.

Truly I am a new student just transfered from community college so I am still trying to figure out the most frustrating thing about my school. One thing I can tell you however is that for someone who never went to high school in the USA to be accepted into the nursing deparment in my school is so difficult and demanding that you truly feel frustrated afterall. You are required to take the TOEFL (To Offer English as a Second Language) exam, which other students are not required to take. This happens only in the nursing field unlike other areas.

My high school self was a very hyper and happy go lucky person. If I were to travel back in time and talk to her I would find myself at a loss for words to express how to mature and grow into the person I need to be for college. The main advice I would attempt to drill into my younger self would be to work on my social skills so that I can converse with adults and not find myself inadequately prepared for it.

I wish I had been more comfortable outside of my own enviornment. Being more comfortable about myself would have helped me get to know my advisors and aids better.

I have not been able to recieve all the mail that Holy Family has sent to me and this is a major inconvenience since I need to know everything about my upcoming school years.

Daniella

I chose Holy Family because I want to be a nurse and in the Philadelphia area it is known to be one of the best schools. As I stated before there is an excellent state of the art facility and they offer a diverse clinical curriculum.

Listen to your teachers and college advisors. Take them seriously when they tell you how competitive and hard college is going to be. Develop good study habits now so you can be better prepared for the more difficult schedule of college learning. Learn to work with study partners because they really do help. Develop relationships with your teachers becausethey are someone you can always go to for help and advice. Finally I would tell myself to have more confidence in my learning capabilities and challenge myself with advanced classes.

Because the school is small everyone seems to know one another and chances are you will be in the same classes. I have made many friends at the school and we socialize after school hours. The teachers here are easy to have one on one relationships with,which helps a lot if you need any extra help. I am a Nursing student and Holy Family has an excellent curriculum and opportunity for hands on learning with state of the art simulation rooms.

Svitlana

The first advice I would give myself is to gather as much information as possible about all colleges and majors. Talk to people you know around you that went to different colleges and have experience with it. The most important thing is to sit and think what you want to do for the rest of your life that you will enjoy. Instead of focusing on just one college, many colleges or universities should be taken into consideration for more options and opportunities. Plan ahead to know which is a better way to go. Set your mind on something and stick to it till the end. I know that would've helped me for sure. I have changed my mind many times about what I wanted to do in life and where I want to go to school. That made things very complicated.

I wish I knew more about all the majors that are offered in the university.

Someone who is not serious about studying. If someone is going just because they were told to do so it's pointless. Person who doesn't have interest in studying should not attend thi school.

Pedro

If I could go back and tell myself advice about college, there's only two things that I would tell myself. One thing is to be more focused on school work and not wait until last minute to do somethings no matter how easy the assignment can be. Although some assignments may be easy, its better to get everything out of the way early so you won't have to stress about it later. Another thing I will tell myself is to start looking for different scholarship opportunities earlier. I honestly wasn't thinking about the cost of college, I was thinking more about how everything was going to be like. My freshmen year wasn't so bad financially, everything went well, but then sophmore year, things got a little more difficult which resulted in me getting transferred closer to home. Other than that, everything else I am satisfied with.

I believe the best thing about this school is the way help is always available, whether its from a friend or a counselor. There's is always going to be something that you aren't so sure about that may make you need someone to clarify to help you understand it more and for you to continue doing well.

I just wish that I knew more about the campus life, since I did get transferred to this school. I know more about what happens around the school, but not too much about what happens around campus.

Carly

I would tell myself to start doing things for myself. I mostly do things for the benefit of others. In a way that set me up to get hurt by a lot of people during my freshman year of college. Although it has made me a stronger person I wish I would have known this before. It distracted me from my school work and the things that were more important during my freshman year. I cannot wait to start my sophomore year and start all a new. I won't let anything stand in my way.

There is not really anything that I would consider the "worst thing". It is all small things such as parking and sometimes it is freezing in the cafeteria. I honestly would not consider anything to be absolutely horrible. I enjoy my time at my school. Nothing is really all that bad there.

There is not much that is frustrating about my school. If I had to choose I would have to say parking is the most frustrating thing. You might be running late for class and of course there is not a single parking spot for you. Being a prodominately commuter school it is very frustrating that there is no parking.

Vanessa

I would advise myself to do the maximum research possible taking into consideration the things I like, the hobbies I enjoy, the environment I prefer as far as my surrounding, traveling convenience, school reputation, transportation, convenience and safety. I would advise to learn about the school, visit and talk to students on all levels about their experiences. Know and understand the school’s requirements for program completion and what the school is willing to do for me as a student. I would advise to look into the school’s career services, internship requirements and job placement. I would strongly suggest learning about the campus life and learning about the professors. I would suggest looking into the schools tuition and scholarship programs, payment plans and financing options. I would suggest looking into the schools off campus courses, schedules and transferring possibilities. I would also suggest having a clear view of my program. Larn about the school's programs including counseling. I would also be interested in finding out if the school is environmentally friendly. In sum, I would stress the importance of understanding my future school in all aspects and hope that is where I would gain best education and experience

I don’t think a specific type of person should attend Holy Family. One of the things I like about Holy Family is that it has a diverse group of students and staff. Everyone is welcome regardless of age, race, ethnicity or disability. There is a place for everyone at Holy Family and despite the differences in age everyone interacts as one with the same goals in mind. Whether it is the students first year in college or the student is a full time working student, a stay home parent students look past any differences and work as a team.

When I brag to my friends the topic of conversation is usually my inability to pay for college and as a result the stress. Holy Family's grading rubric is very strict, more like grad-school level. It certainly puts a lot of pressure on the student to do well and to always push a little harder. I also brag about the inconvenience of evening classes for my major. Because it is not an abundant major, not many classes are offered per semester to Criminal Justice students, thus making graduation difficult as one has to find alternative such as online.

Holy Family University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.