Philadelphia, PA
Holy Family University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Holy Family University

Jason

Attend school earlier, and save for when it does come time to pay. School is horribly expensive today. It is ashame that students can not pursue education free of the burden of financial hardship. My only adivce to myself would have been to begin saving in order to alleviate the struggles of financial hardship.

A person down to business and interested in working. Alot of adults attend this school as it is not a major party school.

I enjoy the personal attention to detail that is expereinced at holy familly. It is wonderful to be able to speak to persons on a phone, rather then a computer or automated directory.

Morgan

My classmates that i had in the past would let me know what i missed when i couldn't make a class, give me their notes, help me study or for a project.

What makes Holy Family University unique is how small it might be and how little people are allowed to be in a classroom at a time, which makes it easier to work and give time for teachers to help everyone when needed.

If I could go back to being a senior in high school knowing what I know now about college, the advice I would give myself in order to be better prepared would be to take SAT preparation classes to try to get more finical aid from Holy Family University. With the demands of maintaining a stellar GPA, it is virtually impossible to uphold a full-time job to pay for college tuition. The financial options available to me are sparse. In addition, I would have taught myself the importance of time management, because when college arrived there were more responsibilities than there was in high school. My freshmen year of college was stressful because of my inability to manage my time successfully. I thought high school was so easy, and I misconceived that college would not be any different. In high school I spent more time worrying about my social life than my grades and academics, where as in college it’s the complete opposite; I am more motivated and driven to perfect my academics. Finally, I would have learned how to be more self sufficient in asking for help when needed to have the chance for more opportunities.

Brandy

I would definitely tell myself that college is not the same in high school. In high school, learning came easily to me, I didn't have to study a lot, and all I have to do was my homework and I was able to pass classes. In college, things are completely different, when I first started, I dropped the ball because I thought that I would have just as easy a time as in high school, but I quickly discovered that it is not, and I have to study very hard. I wish I would have been better prepared.

Gabrielle

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior after knowing about college life, the advice I would give myself would be to prepare myself for a lot of studying for the next four years. As I am concluding my second year of college, I know how much studying a college student does, so I would give that advice to myself as a high school senior. Another piece of advice I would give is not to be afraid to talk to classmates and make friends. I have made so many friends at college, so I would tell myself as a high school senior not to be scared and to make friends.

The best thing I think Holy Family University offers are the academic programs. The school has a great and challenging nursing program, which I think is the best for nursing students. Holy Family also offers many majors. The academic advisiors are very friendly and make your college and class decisions more understandable.

A person that should attend Holy Family should be a person that follows the school's core values. Those values are family, respect, integrity, service, responsibility, learning, and vision. Holy Family is a university that will prepare you for the real world. A person looking to have a good head start after college should attend Holy Family.

Hanna

Holy Family University is a great school, and provides many opprotunities for success.

Going back in time, I would tell myself that all the decisions I made are right for me. I have no regrets about the choises that I made regarding my education.

Any one can attend this school. This university provides many degrees and career opprotunities.

I think that I would definetly want to let myself know not to be in such a hurry to grow up and to keep striving for my dreams. Today I am a working mother of four wonderful children as well as a student and it is sometimes difficult to recognize that dream I had upon high school graduation. When looking at my children, who are working towards their own wonderful dreams, it's difficult to see clearly what it was I wanted to accomplish then, except to be the best Mom I can to my kids. When I consider all these things, there is a quote that James Dean once said that I believe I would pass on to my children as well as my former senior self that says, "Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today.” I still carry the dreams of changing the world and helping humanity, I just strive to do so in smaller degrees with kind words and a smile for others and being a loving example for my children. It's okay to live each moment to the fullest for yourself--thats what I wish I'd known.

Nikki

I would tell myself that I should have gone right into college after highschool instead of going to cosmetology school first. I thought it would work out for the best for me and it didnt. I'm not unhappy with having my cosmetology license, it is a great opportunity for me still, but I feel as though my first year of college would have gone a little more smooth. Attending Holy Family was the best choice I've made to further my career, and I'm very happy but I just wish I would have done it sooner. College is difficult I find myself studying much more than i used to in highschool, so I suggest starting to get organized and learn study tips and techniques. You're going to love college! Be open to making friends and getting involved, you'll create a great support system while you're there.

I think anyone could attend this school and be happy. The school has a variety of major, most common are education and nursing. No matter what major you chose though teacher and students here at Holy Family University are very welcoming and supportive. They have lots of great events for residents and commuters to attend. Holy Family is a catholic university but you are not forced into anything you don't want to do. Holy Family simply offers alot of great reigious oppurtunities if you want it, but you are in no way forced to attend those events.

If you don't like small classes, or supportive teachers then Holy Family is not the school for you.

Jeanette

Listen, Jeanette... The teachers, your parents, your siblings, friends- they are right. This is truly a transition in your life. Do no underestimate what you are about to endeavour. Coincided, do not fear. You are going to miss your family. You are going to miss what you once knew because things are about the change. You are about to become someone completely new. E.E. Cummings once said, "It is difficult to grow up and become who you really are." That is the greatest truth you will soon come to know. Not only must you prepare to live somewhere new, in a bed that is mediocre to the one you've known for 18 years, but you must also be brave. You must be ready to expand your mind and to grow. You are becoming an adult, and for the first time in your life, you know what that actually means. It isn't something everyone is telling you any longer- it is real. This is life and it is an accumulation of glimmering moments which shine like a momentary glance of perfection. It is going to be hard, but be excited because you are about to blossom.

My school is paradime to its name. At Holy Family University, you truly are a family member within a major universty. Everyone functions in a cohesive manner, which makes for a wonderful college experience in such a small community. Holy Family is a home for 3,000 students just out of the reach of metropolitan Philadelphia, which possesses thousands of people! The professors at Holy Family University strive to help you learn, succeed, and advance into the person you aspire to be. Your experience here will only be solidified by the friends and relationships you make, as well.

The "worst" thing about my school is that I am not able to study all of the things I had anticipated! My program allows me to have enough time for a major and a minor. However, I wish I had the time and financial ability to reach beyond my own program and take some courses in different areas, such as the art department. There are too many options as far as my studies go and I wish I had the ability to explore every option.

I believe that the best thing about Holy Family University is the faculty and staff. They work very hard to help accomodate the needs of each and every student.

I do not believe that there is a specific person that should not attend Holy Family University.

Holy Family University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.