Philadelphia, PA
Holy Family University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Holy Family University

Brandie

I would tell myself to not quit school. Stay and finsh! It's hard out there in the real world if you dont have an education, people look down on you, and theres is no work for someone who doesnt have an education. You will struggle in life because you wont be able to find a good job stay in school and get your deplomia. Now you have your GED 10 years latter you are proud of yourself look how hard you had to work at it and the struggles you went thru to get it but you did it! Now its time to go farther you want to get your Associate's Degree in Medical and we can do this. You have already stared the jounrney and I wont stop till I"ve copleted it. College life is a little scary at first but you go to school with some great people who lift up everones spirt. I'm so thankful of my journey I have had it has its ups & downs but I've always pulled thru it with the lords help. He gas blessed me and brought me to where I am at today!!

James

Stellor nursing, education, and liberal arts programs with very high certification pass rates. Very friendly and pleasant campus life.

Through my college experience, I am very proud of what I have achieved and become through my journey at Holy Family University. What if I could give myself advice? Do it all over again, which is what I want to do. I enjoyed the personal staff and close niche university that I had known Holy Family for. Through the academic advising, career counseling, and all of the help I gained from the Holy Family staff; I feel I had gained a perfect picture of what the ideal college life can offer seeing as how it had such an impact on my college experience and career. My ultimate goal is to attend graduate school program in Counseling Psychology program at Holy Family University so that I can apply my acquired critical thinking and counseling skills to the Student Affairs field. I want every student that I come in contact with to get everything out of their college experience because I strongly believe that it is an important part of not only their future career, but an important part of finding out about life and who they truly are.

The best thing about the Holy Family University is the faculty and staff. They are extremely positive, enthusiastic, and always will to help. Whether it be helping with a class, academic advising, or choosing the right career path, the staff is always there.

Adriana

I would tell myself that it is okay to break free from the nest,. I think If i were to go away to school I would be more outgoing and more involved with school activites and clubs. i was going to go to a school in delware but I decided to go with Holy Family because it was closet just in case in need my parents. I was not ready to let go but now that I think back I think I could have. Studying at home can be bothering but I do and my grades are good I just wish I could have some fun on campus. I feel I drive thirty minutes to go to school everyday and do not ever do anything fun. I am either at lecture or study notes from the lecture at home. It is not very fun, but I work hard and my grades prove it.

I did all my reseach before making my final decision were i wanted to go to college. I believe Holy Family University is a good school and I made the best decision for myself.

They just took all the printer from all computer labs. This makes it every difficult if you need to print something out between classes if you are not in the library. The student parking lot does not seem to be big enoug. If your classes are not in the mornings it is hard to find a parking spot.

Brianna

I would tell myself to go for what I really wanted which would have been Nursing.

The small classes and the location of the school is near the city and also near the suburbs.

The most frustrating thing about Holy Family University is their grading system.

Edward

My classmates at Holy Family University are very diverse. They come from all walks of life , they are focused and respectful.

The advice I would give to myself if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior is to follow your heart. When looking for a college find one that will meet your needs. What ever it is you decide to do make sure it is what you want to do and not something someone else wants you to do. This life is your life, you only get one, so make yourself happy and follow your dreams. Do not be affraid to take a chance, do not hold back, for if you are affraid and hold back how will you ever know what your truly capable of. Do not be affraid to fail, failure makes us stronger and teaches us how to do things right. To truly succeed you must work hard, develope good ethics, and treat everyone with respect and dignity.

The type of person that should not attend this school is someone who doesn't want to study or work hard to obtain their goals.

Helene

I would tell myself to work harder in college. High school is so different from college. I was a great student in high school, I breezed through with a 3.8 gpa but I always put homework off until the last minute. In my first two years of college I kept procrastinating my homework and reading and I really with I could have told myself to finish my work earlier and not to put it off until the last minute.

The best thing about Holy Family is the attitude of the staff and the students. It is a tight knit community. Everyone is always there to help. When I just started I had trouble in my classes and my fellow classmates were so helpful.

I wish I'd been less afraid of difficult courses. I took intro classes instead of a more difficult courseload because I was intimidated by the number of upperclassmen in that class. In retrospect, the most difficult classes are usually the more rewarding ones.

Meharunisa

What's unique about Holy Family university is its environment. It is completely diferent compared to most universities i visited. People were definitely more serious about their education, I saw classemates helping their peers, and the staff was always there to help. The campus has a lot of green grass and I would see students of all ages studying while enjoying the view. Holy Family has its own little community. You would say what's so unique about this? Well every university says pretty much the same things I just described but you have to see it to believe it.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself a lot. The transition into college is not easy. It will take time to adjust to its lifestyle. When people think of college, they think parties and fun. But in fact it's nothing like that. For those much serious about their education there is some sacrificing that has to be done. Things that I would tell myself would be to be very organized in taking the next step. When there is an assigment due, do not write all over the place, be organized and think outside the box. Another thing would be to take advantage of every little opportunity and plan ahead. The most important advice I would give myself is to plan ahead financially. Student apply for colleges and write essays but they completely forget how they're going to pay for their education for the next couple of years. I would tell myself to apply to all scholarship that I qualify for. Over the summer I would get a job and save as much as I could.

What I brag about most when I tell my friends about my school would probably be the campus. Our campus has so much to offer. We have dances, job fairs and we even have a money collecting machine. Every one day during a semester this machine is brought out and gives the kids a chance to win free money. We have contests where all you have to do is answer a question to win something. If students cannot answer a question, the host would whisper it in their ear. it's a fun way to get to know people.

Antonia

I would give myself the advise of making better choices in regards to planning my future and aslo searched for more oppertunities to help me financially with paying for my education. Additionally, i wolud have tryed harder to get a full payed scholarship to pay for my education. But most of all I am happy that I am making moves to have a better and more promising future.

The school is a great school to attend you will recieve a great education ,the instructors are nice and caring ,and overall the quality is great.

The only thing that frustrates me about the school i'm attending is the grading system ,I feel that it's not fair.

Alison

What makes my school unique compared to the other schools that I have considered, is the fact that the class sizes here for many subjects are very small. For example, in my biology class this semester, there are only seven students. Since biology is my major, this gives me a great opportunity to get all of the individual attention that I need in order to succeed and really understand this subject.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the best advice I would give myself would be to change my study habits. If I were to change my study habits back then, I feel like I'd be better off now. All throughout high school I would cram in studying and work at night for something that was due the next morning. I constantly procrastinated with every single assignment and I see now how bad of a habit that was. In high school I could get away with doing that becasue the work was all that difficult. In college however, if you do not study or do your work ahead of time, you will definitely not pass with an A or a B. If I were to drop that bad habit while I was still in high school, the transition into college would have been alot easier. I found myself struggling more than usual because of this and I am still trying to change my ways.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who is willing to learn and work very hard for their grades. Holy Family University has a different grading system then any other school that I know of (94-100 A, 90-93 B+, 86-89 B-, 81,85 C+ and so on). This definitely makes things harder so if you plan to come to this school you better be very determined and willing to do every assignment and study hard every night. This is not a party school it is for students who are really trying to succeed.

Holy Family University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.