Philadelphia, PA
Holy Family University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Holy Family University

Jade

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the first thing I would tell myself is that procrastination is your worst enemy! If I knew before how much trouble it would cause then I would have started my assignments the day that I got them. Next I would tell myself to be more confident. College is a new place full of new people it is almost like making a fresh start and you can let your personality shine. I would tell myself to be more active and participate in class discussions and activities. In addition I would compel myself to ask for help when I need it. My professors always tell me that they are there to help us if we have any questions or concerns and we should not be afraid to speak up if we have a problem. Last I would tell myself to learn from your mistakes. Take the advice and critique given to you from professors to improve your assignments and better the quality of your work to ensure that you have given them your best.

Vincent

Students at Holy Family University are extremely nice people, from a multitude of backgrounds who they will bend over backwards to help you.

I would tell high school senior version of myself that things are not as important as they seem to be. If you miss something, do not worry the world will actually keep spinning. Prom and parties seem to be really important, and they are, but spending a little less time having fun now will pay huge dividends later. Remember to focus on you more even if it sounds extremely vain, because true friends will always be there for you later. Learn to be humble, and to roll with the punches. And most important of all, make sure to slow down and take it all in. A time will come, very soon I might add, when you’ll wish you had these high school problems that seem so monumental right now. So learn to multitask right now. Hit the books, have fun, but always take the time to stop and smell the roses. Good Luck.

Anyone who wants to go to a great university should attend this school. The class sizes are small, so you get a lot of attention from teachers. If you need help there are many people willing to give of themselves to lend you a hand. The school just has a real cozy feel to it that you will not get with larger universities. So anyone that desires a great experience should go to Holy Family University.

The advice I would give myself is, pay more attention in class. The things that were taught are brought up in college and it would be beyond helpful to remember them. Not only would paying attention help, but also, doing well in all of my classes. If I would have done extremely well, my grade point average would have been higher and that would've helped me earn more scholarship money. All in all, high school may seem like a joke when you're in it, but if you want to succeed and make college a little bit more easier for yourself, do very well and pay alot of attention to the "nonsense" you once thought it all was.

The thing I consider best about my school isn't only one thing. There are school events that many students can attend to that takes their mind off of the difficult school work they recieve. Another is work study. Thanks to my school, I know have a job that works out well with my school schedule. I am able to work and go to school which is beyond helpful at this point in my life.

A kind of person that should not attend this school is someone who is not willing to work hard. Paying around $22,000 for school is not a joke. If you're willing to strive and try your hardest then come here. If not, you should not bother wasting so much money on an education you care nothing about.

Joel

At college I have learned many valuable skills and life lessons through close friends, professors and faculty. I have also matured a great deal. While other kids were partying I spent time in the library studying or doing study groups with other students. College has been good for me socially. I network with many different types of people and have made life long friends. Although I thought a professor was mean to me, she believed in me and pushed me to succeed, which has only strengthened my drive to succeed and earn my degree. Her class improved my writing skills. She taught me that communication with professors is key to success. College has also taught me the value of time management skills. In life you must learn to balance work and play. If you do not and have too much of one or the other you set yourself up for failure. It has been worthwhile for me to attend because I know how it is to work and go to school for something you love. I am determined to earn a degree for myself and my future family. Education is the gateway to anything I can possibly imagine.

mariangie

What have I gotten out of the college experience that is/has been valuable? Well I gained a lot from college over the years. To first that is off that education is vital and important for ones life. Eduction feeds your mind and keeps your brain functioning. Another value that I got out of college is the experience that I have obtained with interaction with classmates and teacher, it has provided a level of communication of similar interests. Another value that I have obtain from college is the knowledge that I get from each course that i attend. I learn more and more which I have run into time to time in my personal life. College has given me so much knowledge that I am aware and I am open to much more things in what this world can offer. Most importantly like i mentioned earlier is that continuing on to eduction in college does really keep you mind active and young. Learning is food to your brain. These are some of the valuable things that college has given me since i have attended.

Clarissa

My college experience has allowed me to gain a positive perspective on the importance of time management. In high school, I was the extrovert who explored all the extra-curricular activities which were presented to me. However, with a heavy work load, feelings of being overwhelmed, and pulled in many directions arose; I maintained focus, managed my time and was satisfied with the effort I put forth. When I began college I paced myself, focused on my studies, all the while preparing to give birth to my first child. It was then that I began to realize that time management was going to be an essential tool in successfully completing my degree. Ready to take on what I expected to be the most challenging semester I would ever endure, I went for it. Managing my course load, work, and family for the first time in my college career, I was forced to be extremely time conscious. When the semester was over, maximizing my time made me eligible for the dean’s list for the very first time. In the end, what I thought would be one of my biggest challenges, turned out to be one of my greatest accomplishments.

At this point in time I feel I had known as much as I could before attending this school. Therefore there is not anything I wish I had known before.

The most frustrating thing about school, I would have to say is the overpricing of items available for students to buy on campus. This includes food, notebooks, folders, whiteout, and more.

Natasha

My classmates here at holy family are unique, funny, chaotic, and interesting.

My classmates here at holy family are unique, funny, chaotic, and interesting.

As a undergraduate student here at Holy Family University, I have experienced numerous things. My overall experience has been a blessing for I have met some wonderful people. Holy Family has opened my eyes to diversity on a very large scale. I have been in contact with students from overseas, students with different religious backgrounds, and students with disabilities thriving together doing things they love to do. For example, there was a Halloween dance where I had the oppertunity to dance with someone in a wheelchair and actually ejoy myself. However, the most i have gotten out of my college experience is strength and determination. I received these two things from the environment, which consist of staff and peers. There is always someoone to give me the extra push in the right direction and reminding me that i can do all that I put my mind to. These experiences are valuable to me because they are life lessons that no matter where I am in life i will be able to cooperate. I will be able to cooperate because it is an environment I have already been subjected to and overcame and in overcoming i became unstoppable.

As a student currently attending Holy Family University, the teacher to student ratio and compasion is the best thing about this school. As a incoming freshman having teachers that actually cared whether I did good or bad, really motivated me to push harder as a student within the classroom and with life on campus. The class sizes are smaller and very interactive, one would not have to worry about teachers never knowing who they are because the teachers take the time out to get to know the students and form a relationship.

Chelsea

My school is best known for its Nursing program, which I am currently in. Whenever I tell someone that I am a Nursing major at Holy Family University, the response I recieve is, "They have a great program there for your major." I have recently realized that this is correct. Although the next 3 years to come will be challenging, I know that I will become a fantastic nurse thanks to the incredible professors and teachers in the undergraduate program for the School of Nursing.

When I hear the words "your college experience" the first thing that comes to my mind is the word realization. Originally, I was supposed to attend another school and live away from home but, at the last minute, I changed my mind. I am beyond happy with my decision. I know that if I would have went away to school, I would not have done well. My mind would be foucused elsewhere and I would have been extremely distracted. Living at home has made me realize the person I want to become. Also, in these past few months attending Holy Family University, I have realized how important an education is to someone. Most people do not have the opportunity to recieve the education that I have recieved. I realized that my grades will make or break my future. A social life is not important right now as most college students think it is. I know I will always have time for fun when I graduate. As of right now, school is my number one priority. I value my education more than anything in the world, mainly because it has helped me to grow up and become responsible along the way.

The type of person that should attend Holy Family University is a person who is capable of and willing to working hard. Holy Family University is a very challenging school. You must be motivated and focused to achieve what you want in your life in order to succeed there. The tough grading system drives students to work to the best of their ability and to mantain good grades throughout their four years. Bascially, the type of person that should attend Holy Family University is a person of great ambition.

Antonina

Holy Family University is a great school that I had a privilege to attend from the years of 2007 to 2011. This school gave me better outlook on life and taught me a lot about the healthcare field. The rigid grading system allowed me to set higher goals for myself and realize that I am an academically successful student. I pursue a degree in psychology, and over the last four years I was able to learn on campus as well gain experience in my field outside the school. Having the ability to visit and apply my knowledge in different hospitals in my area was a very rewarding experience. After I graduate this school I would like to help people who suffer with clinical depression as well as continue my education in the field of psychology eventually obtaining a Ph. D.

David

I find that the students at Holy Family University are immature, but also friendly and hardworking individuals.

What have I gotten out of my six years of attending two different colleges with three years still to go? I have experienced almost everything that college has to offer including outrageous loans. I experienced living away for those years at Penn State and how important it is to have self-control with my independence. I have experienced academic victories as well as some major defeats. I have learned the ways of how colleges milk every last penny out of a vulnerable student who doesn’t know any better. When I transferred from Penn State to Holy Family University is when I realized how valuable college can be. I went from a student who was carelessness and ignorant, to a student who finally understands what college is all about. College is extremely valuable to me now because I have learned what happens if you make the wrong choice of a major. I have seen what happened to friends who make the wrong decisions in college. I realize how important college really is to set the whole rest of your life in motion. I value the things that college has taught me about life outside as well as inside the classroom.

Being a transfer student from Penn State University, I consider the “high school atmosphere” the worst part of Holy Family. The students at Penn State were more independent and unpretentious. The students at Holy Family sometimes give off a vibe as though they are still in high school. The students at Holy Family are nice, but seem to be still in a high school mode even if they are juniors or seniors. Because Holy Family differs from Penn State so greatly in that way, it feels as if I went back to high school after transferring schools.

Holy Family University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.