Philadelphia, PA
Holy Family University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Holy Family University

Krista

Holy Family University is the college in which I attend. Holy Family is like a second home to me, it is very close knit community. You can always count on someone to be there and listen to you or help you when you are in need.

I am only a sophomore at Holy Family University, but so far I have gotten so much out of my college experience. I am very involved at Holy Family. While maintaining my GPA, I also work part-time at a Day Care, I am the Events Coordinator for SAYS, Students At Your Service, a member of the Business Society and a member of the Student Advisory Board for Business majors. I also am a member of the Alternative Spring Break, Habitat for Humanity group that will be going to Mississippi to build houses this spring. In addition I mentor a class of 20 freshmen. I have gained so many leadership skills at Holy Family that will assist me later in life. Being part of a group and working as a team will help me when I start my career. Because Holy Family is so close knit I have the opportunity to build close relationships with teachers, faculty and friends. I am a very motivated individual who always is looking for new opportunities and experiences to shape my life. It is important to know your resources and at Holy Family, that is exactly what I do.

Erin

I have met so many people already. I love the atmosphere that I'm in. One of my classes is helping me to network with professionals in my intended line of work, and is helping me be ready for any job interview and perfect my resume, even if I don't have much experience or qualities. In my math class I've missed a few classes, which I already know is a huge mistake because my quiz and test scores are reflecting it a little. It's important to attend college and your classes because you never know what you might miss.

My college experience has taught me amazing time management skills. I have learned to handle full time schoolwork, a full time job, and raise my 7 month old child all while still having time for myself to take karate lessons. This is my Junior year in college and i feel i am still learning a lot of important things about myself and also about my school which has already helped me learn so much not only academically but on a personal level as well.

The small class size. The teachers really get to know you and are able to help you much more.

A person who is dedicated to their schoolwork. Also one who is looking for a career in a science field, nursince field or the educational field. This school would be optimal.

Jacqueline

After my 1993 high school graduation, I made a decision to take a year off from school to pursue my goals of becoming a professional actress. During those fifteen plus years I have traveled to numerous locations, worked with incredible talent and have earned union status with both the Screen Actor's Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists. Although I was working in a profession that I had yearned for since I was a young child, I felt that something was missing. Upon evaluating my life, I made the realization that I would never reach my full potential as an actress or writer unless I went back to school. Now that I am in my thirties and have seen the world through more experienced eyes, I understand the power that having a college education has. With each class taken, your personal bank account of knowledge increases, a currency that no one can take away from you. Through the process of enrollment, registration, walking around the campus and learning about its personality and richness, I can honestly say that true wealth comes from what you have learned, not what can be bought.

Olena

I have got a lot from my college experiance and it indeed has been very valuable for me to attend. First of all, I have learned numerous amount of things.The university has values that it prizes above all others: freedom, nondiscrimination regardless of your sex, race, ethnicity, religion, and equality of opportunity to assure intellectual openness. The university’s role in American society has vividly increased, for example, in majority of hospitals nurses are needed with the highest degree of education not just in technical values but also in cultural sensitive. Holy Family University provides that opportunity for everyone in our society. My goal is BSN RN. I choose this because I was considering nursing as my chosen career path. As a child I always was interested in caring others. In early twenties I completed a LPN program and later I study medicine in Ukraine. I realized through I need to have more education now. To be allowed to take care of another human being is a privilege.One of the most important things that I learned about student’s life is time management. I understand also that many jobs today have education requirements.

Thinking twice before you choose this university. It is not for everyone.You may study hard.

It is not enough time to memorise all material. It is very hard.

yessy

Responsibility is what I have gotten out of my college experience. I see college as a transitory period, its just a couple of steps from obtaining the title that will allow me to work in the field that I've wanted to be in. I've learned that in the path to success your going to make a couple of wrong turns and come upon your fair share of speed bumps. They may include: lack of financial resources, challenging coursework, failure and even at times incompetent professors. Despite all the setbacks, it is the path that I have chosen to take. And yet it is exactly, all the setbacks that have made my desire to become a CPA even more stronger. It is valuable that I attend college because it is the vehicle that will help me reach my fullest portential. After all, the best Accountants, CEO's, CFO's, had to be college student's first.

Kezia

Holy Family is best known for its Education program and it's Nursing program. The Education programs are well branched out. They have pre-K- 4th grade and /or special education. Secondary education, and many others. From what I have observed , the nursing major takes a lot of dedication and perseverance to get through. The university is also well known for their small classroom sizes, a friendly staff and teachers who want the best for their students.

I have been attending college for less than a year, and have already observed a positive change in the way I view things. College has helped me become more fully aware of where I stand on certain issues; is molding my writing skills and helped clarify my reasons for wanting to become a teacher. Whenever controversial issues are being discussed, I now want join in the discussion instead of staying silent. Part of the Education curriculum involves performing 15 hour observations at different schools over a prescribed period. My participation in these observations have made me more aware of the potential I have with kids as I interacted with and even helped some of them. It has also helped me see the importance of education in children’s’ lives. I have a tough Writing teacher that I appreciate very much. She continues to help reveal my writing flaw which in turn has awakened a desire to possibly major in journalism. My experience at Holy Family has definitely been positive to date; every day is an adventure which I fully intend to complete. My desire is to become the best teacher and I cannot wait to see what the future holds!

I wish I had known about the changes made in the education program ,as well as, the clearances needed to be an observer or teacher in the different schools that they send us too.

Kaylee

Holy Family University is a small community that tries to have all students achieve their own personal goals that are intune with their personality and chosing a major that they love.

At Holy Family University, I have achieved many valuable lessons. I have learned how to take care of myself as a whole. By learning this skill, I took my academic career in my own hands. I have learned that I must choose a major that I will love. In my Freshman year, I was a Biology major at Holy Family University. I choose this because I thought about the possibilities I would have to become a Medical Doctor. I wanted to become a doctor because of the money. When I realized that I was not enthusiastic about my classes, I knew I must choose a different major. I was passionate about Psychology and when I looked over the required classes in the major, I knew then that this was the career that I wanted. The professors at Holy Family University have helped me through my decision and taught me that one must love and have a passion for what they do in the future.

A hardworking, ambition student should attend Holy Family University. This is because Holy Family's courses and professors expect you to work hard and to have an academic goal and career in mind that is fit with your personality and work ethic.

James

Holy Family University is very academically demanding than other Universities in the area, thus many students are unable to have a social life, but when we graduate we will be more knowledgable about our fields due to the high emphasis on education.

Through Holy Family University being so academically demanding; my study skills, understanding, comprehension, and interaction within my major (Radiologic Science) have greatly improved since I was a Freshman. To achieve satisfactory grades (i.e. A, B+), a great amout of focus and work must be done. Holy Family prepares us for our future jobs and how to be the "best" at them, and in today's society, being the "best" in your field will get you a job to succeed in our interests.

The work load for each class requires alot of focus and scheduling to complete everything on time, thus students are not likely to have a social life other than socializing about their classes.

Kristen

Holy Family is a developing university that excels in certain fields and needs improvement in others; however, the student community is very friendly and most of the teachers are very intelligent with an honest enthusiasm to teach us as students and prepare us for the real world.

College has been an enlightening experience for me; I grew up with a severe case of generalized anxiety disorder and I allowed the fear to control my life for the better part of eight years. I wanted to go to college - it was a dream of mine, but I was afraid I would be too handicapped by the anxiety. For my first year of college, I went to Widener University and I dormed there. For reasons (not due to the anxiety) I decided to transfer to a college closer to home, but during my year at Widener, I learned that I am a strong person who can handle any obstacle that is placed before me. College isn't just a learning experience - it’s a time to transcend - to figure out who you are as a person and grow comfortable in your own skin. This experience is only halfway over and I've learned so much about myself. It's about growing - becoming a better person, becoming more educated; getting involved, helping out, and having a monumental time doing it. And anything and everything is possible if you stay strong, take risks, and stand up for what you believe in.

The worst thing about Holy Family is that the schools administrators are very unorganized, and at times it can become very confusing for new students. There are also smaller things that need to be improved including parking, campus safety, and the attitudes of certain staff/professors.

Holy Family University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.