Holy Family University

« See more reviews of Holy Family University

I would advise myself to do the maximum research possible taking into consideration the things I like, the hobbies I enjoy, the environment I prefer as far as my surrounding, traveling convenience, school reputation, transportation, convenience and safety. I would advise to learn about the school, visit and talk to students on all levels about their experiences. Know and understand the school’s requirements for program completion and what the school is willing to do for me as a student. I would advise to look into the school’s career services, internship requirements and job placement. I would strongly suggest learning about the campus life and learning about the professors. I would suggest looking into the schools tuition and scholarship programs, payment plans and financing options. I would suggest looking into the schools off campus courses, schedules and transferring possibilities. I would also suggest having a clear view of my program. Larn about the school's programs including counseling. I would also be interested in finding out if the school is environmentally friendly. In sum, I would stress the importance of understanding my future school in all aspects and hope that is where I would gain best education and experience

I have got a lot from my college experiance and it indeed has been very valuable for me to attend. First of all, I have learned numerous amount of things.The university has values that it prizes above all others: freedom, nondiscrimination regardless of your sex, race, ethnicity, religion, and equality of opportunity to assure intellectual openness. The university’s role in American society has vividly increased, for example, in majority of hospitals nurses are needed with the highest degree of education not just in technical values but also in cultural sensitive. Holy Family University provides that opportunity for everyone in our society. My goal is BSN RN. I choose this because I was considering nursing as my chosen career path. As a child I always was interested in caring others. In early twenties I completed a LPN program and later I study medicine in Ukraine. I realized through I need to have more education now. To be allowed to take care of another human being is a privilege.One of the most important things that I learned about student’s life is time management. I understand also that many jobs today have education requirements.

When choosing a college, most people consider the tuition and affordability of the college above everything. My advice would be to look past that. Students should consider the location of the institution. Is it in a rural or urban area ? Are there any fun activities to do nearby campus ? Also, people should take a look at the meal plans and find out what is on the menu during the school year. Lastly, perspective students should find out the student population and average class sizes. Knowing these three things will definately guide you in your decision to choosing the right college. I believe to make the most out of your college experience, you need to make yourself known. Do this by joining any clubs you can actively participate in. Read the flyers around campus to learn about future events and volunteer in any events where help is needed. It is good to know your professors, converse with them before or after class to show you are more interested in the subject and not merely trying to pass because you need the credit. Finally, become friends with people outside your major. They may be able to help you in the core classes.

I have been attending college for less than a year, and have already observed a positive change in the way I view things. College has helped me become more fully aware of where I stand on certain issues; is molding my writing skills and helped clarify my reasons for wanting to become a teacher. Whenever controversial issues are being discussed, I now want join in the discussion instead of staying silent. Part of the Education curriculum involves performing 15 hour observations at different schools over a prescribed period. My participation in these observations have made me more aware of the potential I have with kids as I interacted with and even helped some of them. It has also helped me see the importance of education in children’s’ lives. I have a tough Writing teacher that I appreciate very much. She continues to help reveal my writing flaw which in turn has awakened a desire to possibly major in journalism. My experience at Holy Family has definitely been positive to date; every day is an adventure which I fully intend to complete. My desire is to become the best teacher and I cannot wait to see what the future holds!

As a undergraduate student here at Holy Family University, I have experienced numerous things. My overall experience has been a blessing for I have met some wonderful people. Holy Family has opened my eyes to diversity on a very large scale. I have been in contact with students from overseas, students with different religious backgrounds, and students with disabilities thriving together doing things they love to do. For example, there was a Halloween dance where I had the oppertunity to dance with someone in a wheelchair and actually ejoy myself. However, the most i have gotten out of my college experience is strength and determination. I received these two things from the environment, which consist of staff and peers. There is always someoone to give me the extra push in the right direction and reminding me that i can do all that I put my mind to. These experiences are valuable to me because they are life lessons that no matter where I am in life i will be able to cooperate. I will be able to cooperate because it is an environment I have already been subjected to and overcame and in overcoming i became unstoppable.

What have I gotten out of my six years of attending two different colleges with three years still to go? I have experienced almost everything that college has to offer including outrageous loans. I experienced living away for those years at Penn State and how important it is to have self-control with my independence. I have experienced academic victories as well as some major defeats. I have learned the ways of how colleges milk every last penny out of a vulnerable student who doesn’t know any better. When I transferred from Penn State to Holy Family University is when I realized how valuable college can be. I went from a student who was carelessness and ignorant, to a student who finally understands what college is all about. College is extremely valuable to me now because I have learned what happens if you make the wrong choice of a major. I have seen what happened to friends who make the wrong decisions in college. I realize how important college really is to set the whole rest of your life in motion. I value the things that college has taught me about life outside as well as inside the classroom.

If I could go back to being a senior in high school knowing what I know now about college, the advice I would give myself in order to be better prepared would be to take SAT preparation classes to try to get more finical aid from Holy Family University. With the demands of maintaining a stellar GPA, it is virtually impossible to uphold a full-time job to pay for college tuition. The financial options available to me are sparse. In addition, I would have taught myself the importance of time management, because when college arrived there were more responsibilities than there was in high school. My freshmen year of college was stressful because of my inability to manage my time successfully. I thought high school was so easy, and I misconceived that college would not be any different. In high school I spent more time worrying about my social life than my grades and academics, where as in college it’s the complete opposite; I am more motivated and driven to perfect my academics. Finally, I would have learned how to be more self sufficient in asking for help when needed to have the chance for more opportunities.

After my 1993 high school graduation, I made a decision to take a year off from school to pursue my goals of becoming a professional actress. During those fifteen plus years I have traveled to numerous locations, worked with incredible talent and have earned union status with both the Screen Actor's Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists. Although I was working in a profession that I had yearned for since I was a young child, I felt that something was missing. Upon evaluating my life, I made the realization that I would never reach my full potential as an actress or writer unless I went back to school. Now that I am in my thirties and have seen the world through more experienced eyes, I understand the power that having a college education has. With each class taken, your personal bank account of knowledge increases, a currency that no one can take away from you. Through the process of enrollment, registration, walking around the campus and learning about its personality and richness, I can honestly say that true wealth comes from what you have learned, not what can be bought.

My college experience has allowed me to gain a positive perspective on the importance of time management. In high school, I was the extrovert who explored all the extra-curricular activities which were presented to me. However, with a heavy work load, feelings of being overwhelmed, and pulled in many directions arose; I maintained focus, managed my time and was satisfied with the effort I put forth. When I began college I paced myself, focused on my studies, all the while preparing to give birth to my first child. It was then that I began to realize that time management was going to be an essential tool in successfully completing my degree. Ready to take on what I expected to be the most challenging semester I would ever endure, I went for it. Managing my course load, work, and family for the first time in my college career, I was forced to be extremely time conscious. When the semester was over, maximizing my time made me eligible for the dean’s list for the very first time. In the end, what I thought would be one of my biggest challenges, turned out to be one of my greatest accomplishments.

At college I have learned many valuable skills and life lessons through close friends, professors and faculty. I have also matured a great deal. While other kids were partying I spent time in the library studying or doing study groups with other students. College has been good for me socially. I network with many different types of people and have made life long friends. Although I thought a professor was mean to me, she believed in me and pushed me to succeed, which has only strengthened my drive to succeed and earn my degree. Her class improved my writing skills. She taught me that communication with professors is key to success. College has also taught me the value of time management skills. In life you must learn to balance work and play. If you do not and have too much of one or the other you set yourself up for failure. It has been worthwhile for me to attend because I know how it is to work and go to school for something you love. I am determined to earn a degree for myself and my future family. Education is the gateway to anything I can possibly imagine.