Holy Family University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Holy Family University

Caitlyn

I'm a transfer student this semester and even though I've only been here a week, I love it! When I was first applying for schools I didn't even consider this university because it was not the kind of school I was looking for. However, when transferring I gave it a shot and one of the professors sold me on it. He was so welcoming and willing to help, as are all of my current professors. I've already quickly made friends and everyone is super friendly. The class sizes are very small, usually no more than 20 people, which is perfect for my major since biology requires one on one attention. I have yet to have any complaints about this school, and I think anyone could get something great out of their experience here.

Holy Family University is a small, Catholic university. Everyone knows each other, which creates a friendly atmosphere for learning. Although the campus is very small, there are still plenty of opportunities to make friends. The professors there are always accessible and accommodate to your educational needs.

Trokon

Holy Family Univeristy is a wonderful university with a beautiful campus. It might be small but that's what makes it wonderful. Because of the size you get to meet more people and are able to participate more in campus activities. I cant wait to make more exciting memories.

Daina

I love it here, If it wasn’t for holy family I wouldn’t have found my voice. During my time here I’ve made some amazing friends, found some amazing leadership opportunities as well taking the chance to spread my wings and to be me all while knowing I have people who will catch me if I fall.

Charnel

Holy Family University is a great school. The professors are outstanding and they do everything they can to make sure you succeed. Throughout the week, the RA’s in the buildings make sure they do some type of activity to keep students busy and get them familiar with other students. It’s 20 minutes from central Philadelphia too, so you will never be bored on weekends!

Denise

Holy Family was the perfect college for me when I was on the college hunt. The class size is perfect because you really get to know the professors and the students you're with. The overall atmosphere of the campus is just very welcoming and I know that I chose the right college!

Adriana

I love holy family. I am so happy I came here and I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else. Holy family University has been such an amazing experience. Everyone is so caring and friendly and we all do truely think of ourselves as a family. There is so much to on campus besides school work which makes college a lot of fun. Holy Family is an amazing school that I would recommend to anyone.

Holy Family University is a very small University. It is great and personalized for every individual students. You know that every teacher truly cares and wants you to succeed on this campus. There are many opportunities to join groups, volunteer, and participate in campus life.

Arlene

My teachers are amazing and well worth the price, however; my problems include parking, the fact I can't get any financial aid despite being a dean's list student, and a few unnecessary classes that I feel are a money grab. I shouldn't have to take intermediate Spanish when I haven't taken Spanish since 1998.

Jackie

Holy Family University is an amazing university. I am a transfer student who did not really enjoy the first college I went to. The campus and the atmosphere of the whole staff and student population makes me feel so welcomed and appreciated. The campus is small, so you run into people you know all the time. The class sizes are small as well, making it easier to form a connection with a professor and other classmates. Holy Family honestly feels like my second home and I have never been so happy about transferring.

Daina

I love it here, the work ethic of the teachers is what attracted me to apply here.

Nathalie

Holy Family University I'd say is an ok college. Personally, if I could go back in time and change my final decision I would. The school itself needs to step out of its comfort zone and try new things. Holy Family is a private, Catholic university and doesn't like to introduce new changes and therefore it is lacking in areas where it could improve. The school has potential to be better. I just wish they would be more innovative and creative.

Shanell

It’s a nice little university with not a lot of people and the class size is small too. They also have amazing coaches who takes the time to help and show you around the college. The teachers are nice and the classrooms are very well put together. They also have tutors around the campus.

Heather

Absolutely wonderful! The teachers are more available, classes are the right size to have fully on discussions. The dorms are wonderful, great people to room with. Events are so much fun!

Emerald

A list of benefits attending Holy Family University: -the location is probably the best part ( it is located away from the hustle and bustle of the center city.) It is located in suburban Philly. -smaller class sizes (during my years there was a total of approximately 2,500 students total) -higher turnover rate (this is not widely publicized however, the grading scale is very difficult. 93 and up is an A and depending the class anything lower than a 78 is failing grade. Whereas C's are the lower 80's. Student councils have been trying to change this for some time now, however I am not so sure that they have been successful.) -close to a train station (in fact if you do not have a vehicle it is very easy to get around campus because it is small.) -Philly is a cool city to explore. -easy to focus on studies, not much party life.

Daina

I Love Holy Family. Coming from a huge high school school I knew then that the college I chose to attend has to be small. I wanted that connection with my professor in and out of the classroom and at Holy family I found that. The professor go above and beyond to meet my academic needs. I love the small class size and availability of the professor and even when our schedules are in conflict they accommodate you by coming earlier or staying later. If i had to do the college search process all over again I still would've chosen Holy Family. TIGERS FOR LIFE!

Danielle

I find my school Holy Family University to be very safe and fun! I really have no complaints.