Holyoke, MA
Holyoke Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Holyoke Community College

Jermith

Overall Holyoke Community College is a great school. The professors are very understanding and helpful, they really try their best to help you understand the work that is assigned. The community overall is wonderful. The students help each other and are really involved in extracurricular activities. The food overall is good.

amanda

My classmates and I all work together. we all want to help each other out.

My classmates and I all work together. we all want to help each other out.

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior is to keep my grades up and study more. I would also tell myself that take your papers serious because you have to write a lot more in college. There is a lot more work in college then in high school.

some professors dont abide by our learning disabilities.

John

Hello John, yes it's you! Listen, you're doing a great job taking all these AP classes, but dont go into university next year thinking you are all that and can do the "college work." You will struggle, and doing things by yourself just won't cut it anymore. Open up, join some study groups, get mentally and physically strong and you will be able to tackle this like you will getting over the death of your parents. Remember, our parents are extremely proud of us for doing so well, and although I cannot tell you when tragedy will strike; "all the while thinking in my mind, 2 loving family members will pass in a very short time, and that mental strongness will be needed then more than ever." Alright, I've taken enough time, that statistics book is starting to turn green and you are slowly falling asleep as I ramble. Talk to you soon John, I'm always here in your mind because I, am you.

The quality of the courses. Some courses are there to just be put on your transcript, but others are actually good quality. I have taken many AP classes in high school at a top university and can tell this is purely JUST a community college.

The most frusterating thing at this institution is the staff. Helpful at times but more with the amount of students needing financial aid help, the staff has gotten good at "robot answers." They are so used to dealing with the same problems everyday they will not offer any more insight than the obvious "out of the book" answer.

Julian

I know you don't know what career you want to pursue now, but I am you in the future and I know exactly what you want. You want to be a firefighter and improve upon public safety. Move up to San Luis Obispo asap, you'll love it there. Go to Allan Hancock College in Santa Maria (Santa Maria sucks, but the community college is great) and take out loans/ apply for financial aid, you're gonna need it. Make a detailed plan of classes needed for getting Associates degrees in Fire, EMS, and Psychology while getting your transfer requirements done. All of these have a lot of classes in common, so they won't take to long. Try to make a time frame of less than three years for Community College and work on an ambulance if possible. Next transfer to Cal Poly SLO, Major in Psychology, travel abroad and learn spanish. Once you're B.S. is complete get Paramedic licensed and get your MPA. By this time you should have a job, be moving up in the fire department and have gotten there years earlier than me. Be open to new things and have fun!

Daniela

I would let myself know that college is not so bad. I should do everything I can in high school that will better myself for my future. Also, i would tell myself to ask more questions, dont be afraid. I would have rather I know too much then not enough. College is a place where im going to prepare myself for my future. I would also say, its okay if you want to go to a 2 year communtiy college so you can discover what you want to do in life. Its okay to sometimes be unsure, life will eventually fall into it's place.

Robert

If I could go back to talk to my self in high school, I would tell my self not to worry about the future so much because it always works out for the best. Something that I have learned that my past self didn't know is that all the really great things in life take time but with enough patience and dedication; you will be able to do and ahieve anything. also, I would like to tall my past self to enjoy life every moment of the high school experiance because it wont come again and to trust myself thats the most important advice I could give myself becasue without that becoming successful becomes a lot harder. Overall, with all the advice that I could give I don't think I would becasue I am quiet happy with the way things turned out. I wouldn't be the person I am today without learning from those mistakes and growing from them.

sarah

My classmates at Holyoke Community College are great, there is quite a diversity and everyone still gets along great.

If i could go back in time to be a high school senior i would give myself different advice. I would for one tell myself to put in for all of the scholarships that i possibly could. Scholarships are really important and back in highschool i did not realize it. I also would tell myself to start saving oney for college back then. Another type of advice i would tell myself would be to know what i really want to do before i start college and know what my major is about and put my whole heart and soul into it. I would say to really loook at your future and plan it out so you do not have to do it when you are graduating and have a ton of loans to pay back. That is what i would tell myself if i got to go back in time to my senior year.

Before i came to Holyoke Community College i wish i knew more about my major and what i wanted to do with it. I did not know what i wanted to do when i first got there. I also changed my majors a year into school. When i did i did not really know much about my knew major. I would have wanted to research my major a little bit more before i started and chose it.

Holyoke Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.