Honolulu, HI
Honolulu Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Honolulu Community College

John

Seems like a small college/campus. I think the school tries to get students involved in activities. Only being a 2 year school, students are primarily focused on their academic programs and that's it. The 1st year students seem lost and the 2nd year students are only concerned about graduating.

Aj

In my overall opinion, Honolulu Community College isn't the best for a person willing to take their education to the next level beyond. That is for universities, such as Manoa or Chaminade. Honolulu Community College is basically a stepping stone, you go here only if you don;t know your plan yet. However the great thing about Honolulu Community College is it is very cheap in terms of tuition costs, and its easy to commute to in terms of location, and the classes and staff are great.

Ryan Dave

My overall opinion of Honolulu Community College is that it has more then meets the eye. It isn't the most amazing school with new cool features, but it's a simple straightforward college. Honolulu Community College still has much more expanding to do, but they do with what they have. They have activities to participate in, groups to join, and opportunities to take every so often. The food and location is decent. It's a small college so there aren't too many people, but enough to find friends or have people to talk to. I've haven't attended any other colleges, but Honolulu Community College isn't a terrible place to go to. This is my overall opinion of Honolulu Community College.

Kainoa

Honolulu Community College is a great place if you just graduated high school. This school is very welcoming to new and returning students. All the teachers I have had challenged me and other students to pass, but also was willing to give a helping hand. They really cared about making us not just pass, but to learn and prepare us for the "real world". I felt very safe in Honolulu Community College and the students were very friendly and sometimes they would help each other out if we needed to. In my opinion, the transition from high school to college was a scary thought, but here, I felt very secure and had no issue at all. This college is a great starting point especially if you want to transfer to other schools. I am proud to be a Honolulu Community College student.

Janica Marie

Honolulu Community College is the only school in Hawaii that has a Music and Entertainment Learning Experience (MELE) Program. This course has two tracks: the music business side, and the audio engineering side. The best part about it is that we have teachers who are well-experienced in these fields, and they give you real life-experiences about what it's like working in the music industry.

The worst thing is the lack of enthusiasm. Many students here are stuck in that "too cool for school" mindset, and they don't participate in a lot of the fun events we have to offer. If they do attend, they treat our events like jokes. They don't realize how much work actually goes behind creating the events and advertising the events, and it honestly makes me upset.

Nita
FINANCIAL NEEDS

FINANCIAL NEEDS

Honolulu Community College is an amazing community college I've ever known. The campus is crowded and sociable. It is a safe college. Everyone is welcome to come. The staff and faculty are nice and supportive. They are always available when students need them. I am glad that I picked Honolulu Community College as my first option on my college list.

Robert

My school is a school to complete liberal arts and save money for the upcoming transfer year to a better college.

I would tell myself not to procrastinate and take charge in your college future. Don't settle for the bare minimum and shoot higher than you think you can achieve. If you want it bad enough you can have it you just have to try harder and motivate yourself everyday. If I could tell my hish school senior self anything it would have been to focus on applying for scholarships and applying to other colleges rather than focusing on my student government position. I would have prioritized my time better and I would have tried my best to make smarter decisions.

The worst thing about my school is that there isn't a good welcoming commitee, no one shows you your classes, no one helps you get anywhere, and being that we don't dorm were not forced to mingle with each other. Majority of my classes don't even allow students to meet each other.

Jenifer

Take as many classes as possible so you cna transition quickly don't be afraid to succeed and grow.

The Administration of Justice Department

That I could handle the course load so I wouldn't have taken so long to graduate

Gernani

Our school is best known for it's "ghetto" look.

Our school is best known for it's "ghetto" look.

My school is a lot cheaper than the University of Hawaii-Manoa. The class size is about 30 while Manoa's size can go to 200! I pay about $2,000 a year while Manoa costs about $8,000. The small class size is good for me because it allows me to get more attention from the teacher.

I would tell myself to study harder and get better grades because it does pay off. The higher your GPA, the more scholarships are available. I graduated high school with a 2.7 GPA and was fortunate to have one scholarship fund me. Most scholarships that I looked up required a 3.0 or higher. Had I maintained a very high GPA, I would have joined the National Honor Society. That's okay though. Now that I'm in college, I'm doing better than I did in high school. My cumulative GPA is 3.58 (nothing lower than a B on my report card) and plan to join Phi Theta Kappa. Phi Theta Kappa will open a lot of doors for me in the future.

Alice

My classmates are very diversed but nonetheless, they are all extremely friendly.

My school is best known for their programs including automotives, electrician, beauty, welding, and much more hands on programs.

Back in high school I was a little above average kind of student. So if I could go back to the past to give myself an advice, the school related advice I would've told myself would be to have taken certain classes more seriously rather than just getting by just to finish school and get a good grade. With that I would've also told myself to not give up, no matter how hard the class was, that all it took was more study time. I would have also told myself to practice improving my study habits, to go out less and use that time wisely to study because after high school, the social life isn't as important as school. Lastly, I would've also told myself to save money sooner, listen to my Geometry teacher who told me to open an account on ING Direct, I should've followed through earlier! But besides all that, I would also encourage myself to continue caring for school, never take a break.

Honolulu Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.