Honolulu Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Honolulu Community College

Breydenkyl

Honolulu Community College is a small campus but it hold abundant different diversity of people from living on the island, to the mainland, to even some from different countries come to our college. My overall feel of the campus is that its a very good campus and safe and secure campus. The professors are all nice and polite, they always is away to get in contact of them if need any help on something in the class. There is also a lot different off of school activities to on school activities from clubs, activities, gatherings. I would recommend this college to somebody if they were looking for that Aloha feeling or them island vibes of going to a college in the Hawaiian Islands

Ryan Dave

My overall opinion of Honolulu Community College is that it has more then meets the eye. It isn't the most amazing school with new cool features, but it's a simple straightforward college. Honolulu Community College still has much more expanding to do, but they do with what they have. They have activities to participate in, groups to join, and opportunities to take every so often. The food and location is decent. It's a small college so there aren't too many people, but enough to find friends or have people to talk to. I've haven't attended any other colleges, but Honolulu Community College isn't a terrible place to go to. This is my overall opinion of Honolulu Community College.

Nita

Honolulu Community College is an amazing community college I've ever known. The campus is crowded and sociable. It is a safe college. Everyone is welcome to come. The staff and faculty are nice and supportive. They are always available when students need them. I am glad that I picked Honolulu Community College as my first option on my college list.

Aj

In my overall opinion, Honolulu Community College isn't the best for a person willing to take their education to the next level beyond. That is for universities, such as Manoa or Chaminade. Honolulu Community College is basically a stepping stone, you go here only if you don;t know your plan yet. However the great thing about Honolulu Community College is it is very cheap in terms of tuition costs, and its easy to commute to in terms of location, and the classes and staff are great.

Kainoa

Honolulu Community College is a great place if you just graduated high school. This school is very welcoming to new and returning students. All the teachers I have had challenged me and other students to pass, but also was willing to give a helping hand. They really cared about making us not just pass, but to learn and prepare us for the "real world". I felt very safe in Honolulu Community College and the students were very friendly and sometimes they would help each other out if we needed to. In my opinion, the transition from high school to college was a scary thought, but here, I felt very secure and had no issue at all. This college is a great starting point especially if you want to transfer to other schools. I am proud to be a Honolulu Community College student.

John

Seems like a small college/campus. I think the school tries to get students involved in activities. Only being a 2 year school, students are primarily focused on their academic programs and that's it. The 1st year students seem lost and the 2nd year students are only concerned about graduating.