Hood College Top Questions

Susan

Today, students further their education by going to colleges and universities. Going to these schools cost a lot of money (especially private) and one must know the importance of attending college or university. Their time and effort in school is necessary. It is a waste for one to slack off and fail their classes. Hood has high academics expectations and the professors expect the best from you. Students are challenged and guided towards the path of success. A student should reconsider attending Hood College if he or she is not serious about his/her education.

Katrina

people who cannot handle "freedom"

Anyone who itsn't ready to work hard and be nice to everyone. Hood is a campus where people are very close to each other and the teachers are very interactive with students.

Free thinkers and those who take their education seriously

Drew

Someone who is looking for large classes and fraternities/sororities.

Students who believe that college is a big party. Hood is a rigorous institution and should be treated as such.

If you are a friendly and hardworking individual you will fit right in. There are a wide variety of types of individuals who attend here and they all are friends with eachother.

Tabitha

A person who does not like a small background and is not open to diversity. Hood is a small college on a nice campus with many different cultures and backgrounds.

Students who are looking for a large college with lecture classes that have over 100 students involved would not enjoy this school. Our average class size is about 17, so the teachers and students form a close relationship with eachother and the students can receive individual help. Also, student looking for a large Greek-life community should not come to Hood either. Although there is talk about starting some greek-life eventually, it is not a part of our community now. Other than that, our campus is open to any type of student!

stacey

A person looking for a large school should not attend this school. This is a small school with about 1600 undergrads.

People who are not serious about their education should not attend Hood College. It is a very academically challenging environment that works hard to cultivate growth.

Any person who is looking fro a degree that Hood does not offer for their major

I feel that any type of student would fit into hood. It's a very diverse and accepting school

Those who do not take their education seriously and hope to party without doing their work should not attend Hood.

If you like constant noise of thousands of people and class sizes of over 30, this isnt the college for you. Everything is close together and in small, manageable areas perfect for a small community. Peace and quiet can be achieved on demand, and the hectic urban environment is not evident here. People here have close relationships with few, not little connections with a alot of people which makes it so close-knit.

Someone who is looking for a huge party school should not attend Hood. We do not have Greek life, nor are we a large school. There are parties yes, but nothing to that extent.

Don't attend if you are looking for a big student body, sprawling campus, downtown urban scene, bigtime sports, or technical major.

A person who is easily fustrated and is not at all motivated is the kind of person who should not attend this college. Motivation is needed to succeed because it is easy to put off work and submitt sub par work at the last minute.

A student that wishes to attend Hood College should be a, ?free thinker.? The college community is open to different religion, cultures, and beliefs. This also includes different sexual beliefs. Therefore, Hood College is not a place for the average heavy conservative.

mandy

Someone that is not willing to put in the extra work to go above and beyond what's expected, that's what professors are looking for, that you are exceeding the expectations.

Cindy

People who are neither open minded nor accepting to other religions, races, and views.

Someone looking for an extremely diverse group of peers and/or many experiences or pieces of information about post-college life given or explained to them.

people who love big schools and frats. That is not what hood is.

A person who is very high strung and demanding will not feel comfortable in this school. Hood college is very free spirited and the students are extremely mellow.

I don't think that an individual who enjoys partying all the time, or socializing constantly throughout the weekend, would particularly fit in here at Hood. The college also does not have a football team and the sports games are never fully attended. Overall, I think someone who is looking for that "frat" or sorority experience would be disappointed.

People that are here to party normally don't last long at Hood. After 2 citations (for alcohol) you're kicked off campus, and yes they do let your parents know. Also if you fail any of your classes, you will lose your scholarship money.

Someone who doesn't wants small school environment. Small class sizes, individual attention, and academically challenging are all great qualities that Hood has to offer.

Rahnuma

A person who functions better in smaller classrooms, requires individual attention, needs to interact with the faculty and generally gets along and is friendly with people from different races, backgrounds and religions should attend this school.