Hood College Top Questions

Ty

nothing in paticular, I was well prepared.

Shannon

I wish I knew the small amount of scholorships that Hood offers for upperclassmen so I could start to apply sooner.

Le

To be honest, I did not carefully research about the school before applying because this school is in my "safe list", the list of schools that my chance of getting in is 99{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c}. I wish I had known that hours of working on campus are limited; students can only work for $2,000 per year. Additionally, the financial aid and scholarship available to international students are also limited.

Jillian

I wish I knew how much homework there was going to be. It's a lot but that might be because I'm a mathematics major.

Kimberlee

I wish had a better idea of when courses were offered so that I could plan better for future semesters.

Dallas

I wish I would have known that on the weekends almost everyone goes home and it seems like no one is there.

Candace

I wish I had started here as a freshman, instead of remaining at the local community college.

Linda

I wish I had known that the only financing option available through Hood College for part-time students are student loans, no matter how high a student's GPA is. This makes it much more difficult for an older student, who has to work full-time in order to meet their financial obligations, to further their education.

I wish I had known how independent students are required to be when maintaining a college career, especially living on their own. Time management is so important when a student is carrying a 16 credit workload along with sports and extra curriculars. I wish someone had shown me how to manage my time wisely.

Laura

I wish I would have known to start with my major requirements as soon as I began freshman year. As an Education major, it is important to not fall behind in classes in order to graduate on time and with all the required classes! If you want to be part of the Education program here, make sure you talk to an Education advisor about classes as soon as possible.

YAUHENIYA

THE ANOUNT OF WRITING ASSIGNMENTS.)

Chad

I wish that I would have known how small the campus was before I came to this school.

I wish I had kown all the core requirements for every major.

George

How relationships would change between high school friends

James

I wish I had known that college wasn't going to have the kind of students and rigor I expected. I expected students to be extremely serious about education, instead I found kids who seem to believe that education is just another step they are forced to take before they can get a job. I expected students to be exhibit intellectual curiousity, instead I found kids who rarely question anything.

Whitney

I wish I had been better advised about potential career challenges in the major I chose.

Kathy

I wished I had known the male:female ratio before I came, since this school use to be all girls.

Jarred

I wish I knew my cousin's address in Frederick.

Hailie

If you are looking to go to a school with school spirit and sporting events and the "college experience", Hood is not the school for you. Hood has a great name for itself and sounds very good when mentioned. I feel like I learn a lot and the professors are very well accomplished in their fields. I think Hood is an amazing academic school. But if you want to tailgate for events, join sororities/fraternities, join well known clubs, etc.. Hood is not the place. They focus on their academics, not their social calander.

Candace

That there are no fraternaties or sororities. I really wanted to join one and that was the only thing I forgot to ask and was not mentioned in the brochure of the college. The Dean of Students feels like allowing such organizations will cause a divsion amongst the students.

That there weren't a LOT of lesbians.