Hope College Top Questions

Annie

It is very easy to meet friends at Hope College and the surrounding town is very friendly. If you like small class sizes and the chance to interact with professors, Hope College is definitely the place for you. Professors are eager and willing to help/meet with their students.

Has a unifying community feel.

alexandra

the best thing about my school is the professors and class sizes. all my professors are so nice and easy to get along with. if you have a problem with anything they have no problem staying after class and helping you with it. and all my class sizes are small which i really enjoy.

Hope College is a school found upon Christian values, which are easily seen from a simple stroll through campus. People do not simply walk past you as though you don't exist, instead nearly every one of the students acknowledges your presence and wishes you a good day. These small considerate gesture rub off on the entire student body and it is nearly impossible to ignore. The things in life that truly make us, as human beings, happy are relationships. Not relationships that are based on looks, but on a spiritual level, that will last a lifetime.

The small class sizes and easily accessable professors help me learn.

The best aspect of Hope College is the academic strength of the curriculum. The science programs at Hope are some of the best in the nation. Though the classes are difficult, the value of this education can not be matched by any other small private, liberal arts college.

The best thing about Hope is the people. All of the professors are friendly and accomadating and most of the students you meet are also very nice people. It creates a great atmosphere that many people who visit Hope pick up on and comment about.

They give good financial aid. Alumni giving is very higher (which is impressive for a small college) and most of the people who go here get some sort of financial aid and/or grant money. We have a lot of beaches close by because we are 5-10 minutes from Lake Michigan. It's nice to go out there and hang out with friends or to just study and do homework laying on the beach. We also have school activities that no other school has (i.e. the Pull and Nykerk).

I consider the best thing about my school to be the sense of community. Everyone is very nice and it isn't an uncommon occurance to get a smile or hello from someone you don't even know.

The community is amazing. You can feel it right when you walk onto the campus. Students and faculty clearly care for and are invested in one another.

I

Strong Christian environment and friendly and helpful professors.

nathan

the massive amount of hands on learning and labs availible to all students.

BASKETBALL!!

The atmostphere, everyone is nice, and I enjoy the Christian aspect.

The school is perfect size. The professors are always willing to help and the students are very friendly. It's very easy to make friends at this school.

Mindy

It is small in size, and very community oriented.

The school is a good balance for most students. While it is not racially, socially or economically diverse, I think that there is a focus and an attempt made by the faculty to supply a healthy and broad worldview. I love our campus ministries program -- it is wonderful in the sense that it is exceptionally accepting, but also challenging to opinions and ways of living for students.

Kristi

The professors are very accessible and really want their students to excel.

I am going into special education and my teachers/professers are very helpful. My professors are easy to talk to and are very infomative. My school is small so that allows individual help in classes. People at Hope College are very outgoing and fun. It is easy to keep a positive attitude even though the course load is piled on students. I feel safe and I feel like I am getting the proper education I need to further my career as a special education teacher.

I love the personal attention I recieve from faculty and staff.

Kylie

I love the size of Hope, it is small enough that you can make really close friends and get to know faculty well, but large enough that you still see new people on campus everyday. Also, the spiritual life at Hope is awesome for student's who choose it. Attending chapel or any service is NOT mandatory.

The fact that I can study dance here and still prepare for a physical therapy program in grad school. Also, that I am able to attend religious services on campus without them being mandatory.

rachel

i love that most everyone is friendly! it makes it so easy to make good friends and know that they are true and genuine friends. i also love the campus location and the campus itself...it's so beautiful, and wonderful in the summer because of the beach.

It's hard to pick one thing because I love almost everything about Hope. I think the greatest thing is just the sheer friendliness of everyone here- the students , the faculty, the administration, the community and the administration. I also like the Christian affiliation.