Bridgeport, CT
Housatonic Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Housatonic Community College

Housatonic community college is a college that would build you up slowly before you actually go to a 4 year school. The teachers are very friendly and help you to reach your goals to the best of their ability. It a school that helps build character into the students.

gladys

it's great

it's great

HCC is a great school. I met many friends here, I even became friends with the faculty and staff. I was a member of Phi Theta Kappa which gave me plenty of opportunities. The class size is great and many of my professors were very attentive and willing to answer any questions I had. Overall a great place to learn. Stay close, go far!

Kathleen

Housatonic is a really good school they have a great academic system. When it came time to register for classes the staff was very helpful. But while I was a student there it seemed like there wasn't much to do,but to go to class. People kept to themselves a lot. It was a very quiet place.

Rachael

My overall opinion of the school is basically that there is room for some improvement. For example, the professors do not always make it clear to what their office hours are if a student would like to speak with them out of class. Also, some of the staff in the offices seem like they do not know what they are doing at times. Therefore, a student will have further questions that the staff can't even answer sometimes. However, they do have computer labs if atudents need to work on their papers and projects. There isnt any on campus housing because it is a community college so that isn't an issue. The food on campus is okay but not that great. They do have a workout room however, it is very small and it is rarely open.

Destiny

Housatonic Community College is a small school always looking to expand. We are all about the arts here. We have poetry slams, art showcases, plays and a very active theatrical department. We also love to talk about what is going on around us we always have people coming to talk about books or problems going on in our nation. We even create classes in the semester to talk about the problems of the nation or the good things about our nation. At Housatonic, we have areas to where we can relax and a game room to release steam of college life. So, if these type of things like small classes, accessible teachers, and a community feel come join us.

Kellie

There actually is nothing unique about this community college. Its just a good school to discover where you want to go in your career, or if you cnt handle huge classes and coursework

If I could go back in time and talk to myself with advice I would tell myself to go straight into a four year college/university. The reason for this piece of advice is that since I knew what I wanted to do I could have gone and got a bachelors in Nursing instead of trying to obtain a Associates in Nursing. With community college,it states that it's a two year program; however with the pre-requisiite classes people have to take before other classes can be taken, it can easily make the experience to take four years. Also, depending on the degree people choose, the school may have a contract with another school to continue education; such as Nursing in Connnecticut does. Occasionally with this system people may not be able to attend that school after completeing the other classes. This is why I would give this simple piece of advice to myself If I could.

A person who does not know what they want to do after high school. This way they have the opportunity to discover what they want to do without paying a huge tuition every year, to finally switch and dcide on something else.

Capell

This school was the one that stuck out to me the most, and also the one that i had the most advisers to come and help me as well. Also had one professer who helped me through the process of picking my classes.

I would tell me past self to not have such anxitey about college life, to not worry about it so much. and to also say its not at all bad like you think. And to also say that, all the thought that you had about college, its not at all like that. Plus to get all of the things that were needed for Financial Aid done as soon as posible, to not procrastinate because it will mess you up in the long run.

The worst part would have to be the drive to school, and after i do get there it is also hard to try and find a park in there parking garage.

marie

Without a doubt, the absolute worst thing about my school, is the fact they dont offer pharmacy, Dermatology courses. Which in turn means i have to transfer out to another school far from home.

PAY ATTENTION IN CLASS! WORK HARDER! and most of all STUDY, STUDY,STUDY! In high school i was more of a social butterfly, i'd rather talk and tell jokes all class then listen to what the teacher was saying, After school i'd rather hangout then do my homework. I wasn't worried about anything academic what so ever. I loved my high school experience, it was filled with alot of fun times and memories i'll never forget. If i could go back to "high school me" I'd say , stay focused. If i was more in to my academics then, i could have been an honor student or even validictorian, which would have prepared me more by instilling good work habits that would help me not only in college, but in life. I'm still learning how to balance my school , social, and work life and its going pretty well, On the other hand it would be going better if i knew then what i know now.

My classmates are motivated, & lazy at the same time. Its kind of like they know there capable of setting higher standards for themselves and studying more, however they just choose not to. Other than that i think there very friendly and humorous.

Housatonic Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.