Housatonic Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Housatonic Community College

gladys

it's great

Rachael

My overall opinion of the school is basically that there is room for some improvement. For example, the professors do not always make it clear to what their office hours are if a student would like to speak with them out of class. Also, some of the staff in the offices seem like they do not know what they are doing at times. Therefore, a student will have further questions that the staff can't even answer sometimes. However, they do have computer labs if atudents need to work on their papers and projects. There isnt any on campus housing because it is a community college so that isn't an issue. The food on campus is okay but not that great. They do have a workout room however, it is very small and it is rarely open.

HCC is a great school. I met many friends here, I even became friends with the faculty and staff. I was a member of Phi Theta Kappa which gave me plenty of opportunities. The class size is great and many of my professors were very attentive and willing to answer any questions I had. Overall a great place to learn. Stay close, go far!

Destiny

Housatonic Community College is a small school always looking to expand. We are all about the arts here. We have poetry slams, art showcases, plays and a very active theatrical department. We also love to talk about what is going on around us we always have people coming to talk about books or problems going on in our nation. We even create classes in the semester to talk about the problems of the nation or the good things about our nation. At Housatonic, we have areas to where we can relax and a game room to release steam of college life. So, if these type of things like small classes, accessible teachers, and a community feel come join us.

Kathleen

Housatonic is a really good school they have a great academic system. When it came time to register for classes the staff was very helpful. But while I was a student there it seemed like there wasn't much to do,but to go to class. People kept to themselves a lot. It was a very quiet place.

Housatonic community college is a college that would build you up slowly before you actually go to a 4 year school. The teachers are very friendly and help you to reach your goals to the best of their ability. It a school that helps build character into the students.

Horoja

It is a great community college to start your academic career as a blueprint to what you want to pursue in undergraduate school, faculty and professors are helpful and willing to go far and beyond to help you. I am a former student that graduated with an associate in accounting with a 3.5 GPA.

Mioskeiry

Housatonic community college is a college you go to learn no distractions with parties. Professors are truly there to help you succeed. Very affordable and financial aid is always available. Easy admission process and acceptance rate if I’m not mistaking is a hundred percent.

Tamara

Housatonic Community College has a very inclusive atmosphere. The college strives to make students feel safe. Students are offered an abundance of groups to join and resources to use for their academic goals. I think that Housatonic Community College does a good job of making students feel as though they can be successful in the major they choose.

Eric

I believe that even despite the schools low tuition, and fact that it’s a community college, doesn’t really factor into it’s quality. Sure, because of that, there isn’t as much extracurricular activities or campus facilities as a bigger college. However, the school still provides a good education, and I like the fact that it’s very accessible for anyone looking to start college, or go back.

Robemny

My overall opinion of Housatonic Community College is satisfying the teachers are very friendly always trying help and encourage me to continue my educations. The students are very friendly and helpful if you have any question and i feel safe. the faculty are all friendly and helpful and will go above and beyond to assist student on what they need. I am very grateful to HCC because they have assist me on what I need help me get the resources I need to continue my education. They have assisted me on information and guide if i feel confused by class work or anything overall I'm glad i decided to forward my education and that i started with Housatonic Community College and I hope to finish and advance my career to a Bachelor in Science for Nursing