Houston, TX
Houston Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Houston Baptist University

Carlani

I believe that Houston Baptist University is an amazing school that offers great academic opportunities to students. They truly care about their students well beings and on their academics. I have been accepted to this University and they are not only providing me with information and knowledge on my major but on other majors that will support it. They will make sure that all of their students are well taken care of. I am a future Husky and I would 100% without a doubt recommend this school to others.

Karina

Houston Baptist University is an amazing school in which I feel at home because everyone is like a tight-knit family.

Mariam

Great school and Professor's. HBU is very diverse and for that reason there should be more financial assistance or scholarship opportunity available to International students. Work study payment can be improved as well as more opportunities should be provided and given to students who do not have the privilege to work outside off the school campus. Overall, great faculty and staff.

Brianna

At any college, your experience is what you make it. There are so many opportunities to meet new people and have fun if you actively seek them out and the professors are excellent and truly care about their students. Class size was what attracted me most to the university, the small number of students allows you to form lasting bonds with students and professors alike.

armando

HBU is a great university which has pretty much everything you'd need inside of it. Would recommend to anyone else!

Houston Baptist University is a great school, I am so glad and grateful to be a student there. Ever since high school, HBU had been my dream school. Now that I currently attend this school I love it even more, I love the campus, the classes and the professors. Overall HBU is an amazing university!

Abigail

My view of my campus is that is it was wonderful place. There are so many wonderful professors and students to connect with in and out of the classroom. They always greet me with a smile, especially in the music department. Then the classroom sizes are fairly small which leads to a safe space for discussions and more quality connections with the professors. Overall I am just blessed to be going to this school.

Anthony

Houston Baptist University is a wonderful place to attend school with many learning oppurtunities. The school itself is very protected and even have mobile apps you can download on you phone in case of emergencies. The staff are very nice and extremely easy to work with, and the teachers are super flexible with their hours so it makes easy to get extra help. Although sports is not big at HBU, there are mnay students who like to meet at the HBU Bradshaw fitness center and plah sports there. The school is very diverse and I love going here, I'm very excited to be strating school again.

Sorry Can't

I would have given zero stars if I had a choice. This Houston Bad University has merely a touch of respect. There are so many things to hate about this university. It's more challenging than Rice, (I transfered, and now I attend) which I never heard HBU being the ivy league of the south. I will point out each department, which sucks about this university. First LIE they tell you, it's a gated community. There is a side entrance on both 59 Freeway, and Fondren leading to the UAC for a gate that doesn't exist! Thus, not secured as they tell you. There are too many rules with the dorms, which you can't have opposite genders in your dorm before/after a certain time (It's college, you're kidding) you can't limit my life. The codes on the doors for security is released to everyone, and there's no RA to monitor it at night anyways. Anyone can break in and out. (It's already happened) Things at this school may seem safe, but that's because HBU doesn't release any information to students to be aware of surrounding, and pay attention. (Look it up, two males raped a girl) They care about reputation, not you. They only want your money, (btw it goes up every semester). Do you have a scholarship? Don't feel too special, everyone gets one, and we'll if it wasn't for that, no one would come here. (Note: After the scholarship is applied, that's what the tuition should be for, but they want to make you feel special.) There is only a Chick-fil-A selling smoothies, Coffee, salads, sushi, soda/juice, Java City (It's basically over priced coffee like everything else here) Positive note: They have good scones, muffins, cookies, and such, lastly they have the POD (Provisions on Demand) they sell the same thing Chick-fil-A sells except they also have like burritos, and more snacks. Do not eat at the cafeteria (the Baugh). There is a positive confirmation of hair in your food, burnt food, undercooked food, oh and btw the supplier also supplies prisons. The Hodo (upper-class men residence hall) has card swipers at the door for "security" supposedly, you're supposed to swipe, in order to get in after hours. This isn't true, don't listen to nonsense. It's for decorations to say they have such nonsense. The library is a nice place, I'd have to admit, the downstairs being an interactive student environment to do group projects, and for white noise effects. The actual library is upstairs, however, it requires an ID or TexShare card to be admitted. There is an ASC (Academic Success Center), there are tutors there to help you with your essays and homework. Most of them are pretty bad, I would've gotten an A with my original says my professor when I showed the previous one. There are no events on campus ever. There is only convocation, which happens about every day if you think about it. Which brings me to my next case, they require CLW points, they are kind of like church going points. You have to have 80 before you graduate. They have A and B group. All 80 can be from A, but only 50 can be from B. They limit B which is actually participating/talking, and A which is just listening, and everyone is on their phones/sleeping/talking/homework anyways. Going back to events, this school maybe non-profit, but it goes towards the president's house (he lives on campus) and the gardening the wife so loves. They mow grass, and plant trees almost every other day. Events are campus are scarce, unless it's convocation related. The university doesn't care about its students, just the money they get from them. It takes a week for changes to occur, once again, I go to Rice, so I'm used to the fast-paced turnaround. The Career and Calling department doesn't even know their policies!! Long story short: there are three catagories, and you can only work a limited number from each section. ABC Btw, I had to go to three different places to find out this information on, they are the ones who deal with Work study is their department, and they are supposed to handle every part of it. They didn't even know the answer to my question, it's as if they didn't even understand what I was saying!! Like what?? The school is supposed to be on their 10 year plan of 10,000 students, and we are on the 7th year... We haven't gotten anything done since then. Financial aid staff is extremely polite. Cashier's office, not so much. (On that note: HBU had money taken from the safe at the cashier's office... Some security going on here) Food truck is only once a week, and sometimes it doesn't get scheduled correctly by SPB, so it doesn't come. You have one truck a week, can you get a simple thing right? Micro-managing school, you can't put posters around campus unless it's approved by Stu(pid)dent Life. You can't advertise personal tutoring, renting a room, selling a class. The bradshaw fitness center is the "rec" on campus, I say this because they open the center to the public, which was previously owned by University Place, the senior living home. Anyone can go to the fitness center, therefore, you might be jamming to your music around a bunch of elderly people which may not like your loud popped out music. There is ABSOLUTELY NO night life or party scene, unless you go to three tunnels Laptop check out No copier on campus for four cents You have to go to computer lab, then scan a file, log in and print Cheating You won't make friends because there is no place to hang out and meet people, you only know people in class, people always go home since there's no place to hang out But the higher-ups running the school are VERY greedy, and so they put a stop to any petition or demonstration that questions them and/or their management. They genuinely do not care about the opinion of the students Too much Christian talk even though, it's a English and history class Everyone is in your business and most people on campus are close minded. They believe what they believe and what they believe is correct and if you think other wise you are just a big idiot. Not many people are on this campus after a certain time. In between classes the campus is empty. School has clubs and organizations but there really isn't much to do sometimes during the week and especially during the weekends. FYS CLASSES limited to particular order for only fall and spring Housing, on campus food, student involvement in allocation of funds, and the genuine care for each student at the University are all severely lacking. They automatically charge you for parking, since they want to guarantee your money firdt Christian theology is taught in every class you go into, every paper you write will be about virtues and morality, professors will shame you for disagreeing, students will simply ignore your opinions. They are so self-absorbed and do not exude Christian values in any way whatsoever, especially the President's office. They need to be comple My school has a really strict policy regarding relationships and showing affection in public The school may be Division 1 (D1), but they lose at every game. Our football time is weak, but it's young. No team wins at anything. They always lose, and the school spirit here is nonexistent. I mean I don't even see blue and orange anywhere on campus. You want people to support your sorry team with no colors. Maybe if, you idk gave more giveaways for students, or literally anyone, they would like the teams more. The staff is rude, cold, and not helpful, they are only interested in the money - not the success of their students. The entire University basically shuts down on weekends leaving on campus students without any resources. Good news about this school after my rant: it's much easier for me to answer questions when there aren't a 100 student in a giant lecture hall.

Milagros

HBU is very genuine and you can tell the students are the #1 priority. While on campus I feel at home even though I have not been there for long. In addition, there are many services available to the students and there is plenty of activities to do!

Houston Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.