Houston, TX
Houston Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Houston Baptist University

Lilly

Lilly, Before you go to college, I want you to know something. It may sound clich?, but those four years are going to be over before you know it. Be wise with your time and make the most of it. Get involved and step outside of your comfort zone. Get to know your professors. I know you love to procrastinate, but save yourself some stress and try not to do it often. Your grades will benefit as well. I encourage you to maintain a healthy sleep schedule. Yes, I know you?re a night owl, but 8am classes are harsh. And when the alarm goes off in the morning, do not turn it off and go back to sleep. It will most likely result in you missing class. I also recommend learning how to cook. A diet of cafeteria food, sandwiches, and cereal leaves one a bit dissatisfied. College is expensive, so be wise with your money. Finally, college will change you. Embrace it and be grateful. You?re going to learn so much beyond your textbooks. You have no idea of what?s to come, but be patient and you will find Him. God has good plans for you.

I wish I had known how expensive this education would turn out to be, and how tuition increases over time. Also, I wish I had known about the quality and variety of the food.

Prospective students should be academically focused and have a desire to learn more about God. In other words, they should want to grow spiritually and intellectually. Students should have a balanced lifestyle as well and a willingness to help others.

Krista

I would tell myself to pay more attention in class and to always take time to do all of the work because it's worth all of the time and effort you put into paying attention and completing assignments, it would make me eligible for many more scholarships and grants. Also I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as i can so that I would be able to attend college sooner and get my life started on the right track.

The environment and atmosphere of the school.

The environment and atmosphere of the school.

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior would be to never underestimate myself. I would strongly suggest not stressing over how many classes I have to take while upholding a full time job. The education obtained while in school is extremely important along with maintaining a high G.P.A. because other Universities consider G.P.A.?s as a valuable resource on your personal character on how serious school is for you. I would also explain that College is at your own pace. Do not compare your College journey with anyone else. There is no time or age limit that says one must complete a College degree by a certain time. Not all people have the opportunity to receive a College education and its best if you just try your hardest and never give up on yourself. No one ever said college would be easy but it?s not something that you cannot handle. Maintain your head high and keep yourself focused. No distractions what so ever! Enjoy your youth, the College experience, and do not let anyone hold you back.

A person who is self driven and is mature to handle a University. There is a time and a place to understand the meaning of life and by attending this University people will get there.

Crystal

High school seniors stress a lot about college choices, my first advice would be narrowing what schools you're interested in. To choose between in state, or out, and whether or not you want to attend a big or small university. I'd list out the pros and cons of what big and small universities offer, as well as including financial aid. If you know what you want to major in, I'd suggest finding a school that offers programs or has a good reputation for that field of study. Schools that offer various clubs that you're interested in are great ways for making the transition easier. Choosing colleges can be difficult, and overwhelming but be confident when you do chose a university.

Violet

Nabila is a very intellectual and punctual student who deserves to be a role model for HBU. .

If I could go back to my senior year I would have taken Biology AP in order to better prepare myself for my science courses. I would have also applied for more scholarships and participated in the medical internships for seniors and upcoming freshman. I would have also taken Physics. I am content with the extracurricular activites I took during my senior year that allowed me to develop into the person I am now.

We pay so much for a private institution and small classes and we have horrible labs and amenities. The school is pushing to become a larger school similar to Baylor but the reason people come to HBU is to recieve an education with smaller classes.

Peace

My classmates are enthusiastic people who love to learn.

My classmates are enthusiastic people who love to learn.

My school is known for the nursing program.

The adivise I would give myself would be to apply to the colleges I wanted to go to a lot sooner. I also would apply for as many scholarships as I could; including the scholarships available at the schools of my choice.

Zachary

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to join more extracirricular activities. These not only look good on a college admissions essay, but they also allow one to be very well rounded. I would tell myself to type notes instead of keeping up with dozens of hard copies. This would also allow a backup to be made and kept for many more centuries. My previous self would be informed of the benefits of taking more advanced classes. Not only do they count toward extra credits, but they also can be highly preparatory.

The two worst things about this school are that the registration process would puzzle Einstein and the school is not very green.

The people that should not attend this school are those who are not Christian.

Lindsey

If I could advise myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to focus more on the college's availability of social activities and the helpfulness of the professors and counselors. The academics and type of classes are pretty much all the same at each college. When I was a high school senior, I focused on the academic aspect of each college campus. As a result, I choose a campus that has a very limited amount of social activities available and can be boring at times. In order to have fun on campus, you have to be involved in a sorority or fraternity, which cost a substantial amount of money. I would also tell myself to take the SAT and ACT more seriously, because you are provided with more scholarships the higher you score on these tests.

The best thing about my school is how small the classes are. This is one of the main reasons why I decided to attend this school.

The financial aid counselors and some of the professors are not very helpful. It is hard to plan to pay for this school when the counselors are not being helpful.

Deborah

Look for more scholarships, and don't worry about choosing a major or even a specific school. Life is strange, and you are stranger, so trying to fit that perfect image in that perfect school is going to be hard, or even near impossible. Just have fun, STUDY MORE, and try your hardest to do what you can. And remember, Jesus does love you. And he's there for you regardless. Just like your Dad.

It's a small school, and everyone knows everyone. It's like living in a bubble.

I feel like I'm missing out on the Real college experience.

Houston Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.