Houston, TX
Houston Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Houston Baptist University

Dillon

Recognition is not as high as other, but that is quickly changing. HBU has a huge endowment and an incredible future. The academics are extremely strong and the school is well known for this.

Most importantly, do not make your decision based upon the prestige of the university. Small, rigorous universities will give your children the opportunity to shine and involve themselves. Small universities enable students to build there own names. Prestigious, name-recognized universities quite often just charge you for a name. Always build a name, never buy one.

The small and focused classes, each instructed by very dedicated and well equipped faculty. Addionally, the school has incredible connections with businesses, due to its location in central Houston. Also has phenomenal new facilities and living accomodations.

Kristen

Talk to actual students. Not the students hired by the school to promote its best aspects. Not the ones that voluntarily give guided tours. Talk to the guys on the soccer team, or the senior who has a few years of experience. Talk to as many different REAL students as you can find. Ask questions, regardless of how dumb or redundant you think they are. Try to figure out what you want in a college and don't be afraid to say "no" to the ones that don't fit. These are the best four years of your life. You will make lifelong friends and memories. You'll experience things that will shape who you are and who you will become. Don't be afraid of making mistakes. And don't be afraid of your professors. Most of them chose to leave their respective fields and teach. They are there to help you become the best version of yourself. So speak up. Make your voice heard and opinions known. Trust who you are and don't give up.

I wish I had known more about the Nursing program. I chose HBU specifically for that program. I also wish that my Nursing advisor had been more competent. If I knew then what I know now about how the school operates, I would be a few semesters away from graduating. Instead, I'm a junior who just BARELY finished my pre-requisites and got accepted into the program. I now make it my personal goal to inform all Pre-Nursing students of all the things I learned too late. Also, there aren't very many cute guys.

We have a new president that is taking our school to new heights. The only problem is that we don't yet have the resources to reach the new goals set for us. Thus, the tuition is sky-rocketing, and by the time the changes come about, I will have already graduated. I feel like I am being robbed. Also, since Hurricane Ike in September, a lot of our buildings and resources have been shut down. It has really killed some of the spirit on campus.

My school is a small, close knit community comprising of people from different cultures and beliefs, different financial backgrounds, and a dominant female ratio.

To start your search for the right college will take time. You should make a list of qualities of what you are looking for in a college. You should list what your interests are, what activities you enjoy, what you hope to accomplish academically, and more. This list will serve as a guide to compare your top college choices. Next comes the research. Attend the college night at your school?s facility, read over the appealing brochure, and visit the college website. Learning as much as you can about the school will help you when you visit the school. Visiting the school should give you a good feel of the people and faculty. All that lies next is your decision. However, now that you are in the perfect school does not mean you will have your amazing college experience. To accomplish this means to come out of your dorm, hang out in the local spots, get involved in different organizations, and attend the lectures. Don?t be afraid when asking others about their different cultures; you are at college to learn. Always be excited about what you are doing. Excitement will ensue a happy college experience.

The location of the school. The area does not seem too safe beyond the university's gates.

Laurianne

College is an exciting time for every student, but every student has different needs that must be met. My school is about an hour away from home, far enough that I can justify living on campus and feel like part of the community, but close enough that I can go home and be with family whenever I desire. My school is academically comptetitive and constantly provides me with new challenges. It has a great campus life and has become a second home. It is also a small campus, ensuring small class size and quite a bit one-on-one attention from teachers and advisors. I have a close relationship with professors, which I feel very appreciative of as the time for preparing graduate school applications draws closer. I enjoy my school, its perfect for me. However, that does not mean it is perfect for everyone. Make sure to visit the colleges you consider and research them thoroughly. Find an environment you believe you can thrive in and do not base your decision on where your friends are going and whats the popular choice of your classmates.

Coming from a highly competitive high school, college was actually easier for me than me previous schooling. I was much more intimidated by it than I should have been. Also, I am an extremely organized individual, but even I wish I had a bit more preparation and education in preparing schedules, course loads, and finishing major requirements in a timely manner.

Feeling I should be done with it by now! I have three majors and I will be out in four years, but I will be heading off to graduate school. I wish I was done because I feel ready to focus on graduate work now.

Crystal

Make sure it has the major that you are looking for, make sure it is cost effective, and that you will fit in socially. Also make sure that there are things to do on campus that will keep you interested

That they do not have a football team.

Andrew

the students are liberal and the school is conservative, classes are challenging, and the capmus is very spiritual.

if you are looking for small classes, small student base, and involved faculty and excellent student-teacher interaction then hbu is a good choice

no recreational center and their is no social campus life, everyone goes home on the weekends or since there are alot of commuters they have friends off campus.

LaShayna

This school is unique because is gives you that small community feel with the benifits of being on a big campus even though this campus is small.

In order for parents and students to find the right college, my first suggestion would be to look as early as possible. Don?t wait until the last minute to find that special place where the student will grow and learn how to be a productive citizen because this is also a time for parents to realize that their babies are growing up into adults. The family would want to look for a college that will suit the taste and style of the student. Going into a classroom everyday in a school that the student hates is like going to a job everyday that an employee hates; neither will be successful. Parents should also allow the student to do as much for themselves as possible in the beginning stages so that when the parents are gone, the student is not left in the dark and totally dependant on their parents. For the student to make the most of their college experience, I would say to get involved as much as possible and stay on top of your academic game. Embrace good friends, especially smart ones, as they will be your lifeline, some point in time, and be nice to everyone.

The worst thing about my school is that it doesn't have a football team!

Houston Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.