Houston, TX
Houston Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Houston Baptist University

Veronica

It's a very nice, small campus with awesome professors. The classes are smaller than other universities so professors are more available to students which is great. However, there's not much to do on campus if you get bored and the parking situation is terrible because there are so many commuter students. Overall, it's a good place to focus on studying and there's lots of help available whenever you need it.

Ariel

Although our campus is not one of the largest ones, I value its quality over its quantity. At HBU the class sizes are similar to high school class sizes, which makes it extremely easy to get to know your professors or get the one on one help you need. Since HBU is a religious school the professors often pray for our success and genuinely care for the students. On campus there is free tutoring and counseling if needed. The students here are generally nice and helpful. One of my favorite things about HBU is that there is always some type of social event going on and students are informed of those through a weekly newsletter. The school also often offers informational sessions on topics like financial literacy and workshops that help students with their resumes. There is a huge spiritual life on campus as well as multiple sororities and fraternities. Overall, I love my school and I am so thankful to be here!

Christina

HBU has alot to offer, I feel as if I made a great choice in choosing this as my university. At first, I only came to this school because of their nursing program, but once I was accepted into the school and into the program I didn't know that the school was capable of alot of things. Very diverse, each major was known and heard, there was greek life, on and off campus housing was great, food was good, libraries were quiet, and there were a bunch of opportunities to study abroad. I also like how our school was Christian-Baptist based, as I am that myself, and it definitely made me want to reignite my spiritual well-being. The only downside is that is a little expensive since it is a private school, but other than that I would definitely recommend this school because they have a great education system and an awesome faculty and student to faculty ratio.

Alma

I don't like it one bit. After one semester I will now be transferring to HCC where the classes are much cheaper and there is more university experience. Friends are hard to make, the school events are activities are mostly only for people who live on campus because as a student who lives of campus I know nothing of what happens, I just go to my class and then go home because it is that boring. The prices are extremely high and they make you pay for a mandatory class which is not fair since we could be using that money for a class we actually need. The financing office are bad at their jb, I owe the school 8000 dollars and I could be owing a 1000 less but my fafsa won't go through and it is such a hassle. HBU, Houston Boring University.

Timothy

It's a very small school with around 3000 people in attendance. I enjoy this because it allows me the have real relationships with my professors and advisers. The on-campus housing allows you to interact with many different people and make fast friends with all the different actives happening week to week. We host stuff like game tournaments, discussions, and even held a debate during the election in the lobby. Overall it's a good school with plenty of things to offer and I would recommend it to most people.

Bianca

In the beginning I wasn't sure how i would fit in to Houston Baptist University but I can honestly say that it has been the best decision I have made. Since being here my relationship with God has gotten stronger and I've grown so much as a person. The facilities available to students are great and the professors are amazing. the campus is beautiful and there are always activities going on so you can meet new people and grow as a community.

Rebekah

Houston Baptist is a wonderful school for academics. The professors are extremely knowledgeable about the subject they are teaching and are always willing to answer questions. They will push you to do your best, this school is not for those who want to party and/or slack off. You will really need to work to do well here. The small campus is ideal for those who want to focus on academics, however there is still plenty to do on and off campus in Houston with friends such as the zoo, museums, and the galleria, which are all close by.

Massiray

Most people think that only nerdy and boring people go to my school but that is not the case there are so many people that are wild and exciting which surprised me

The most popular girls are the sororities and fraternities because almost everyone is in the one

There are very many different versatile students at my school from so many different backgrounds and I really like that because everyone interacts with one another and gets along pretty well

The academics are very different at my school being that it is a public Christian University. So most of the curriculum is like Christianity classes and stuff and I love the atmosphere because there's a small class number for every class so you have better interaction with the professor

I wish someone would have told me about how competitive the school is because as I have not seen and experienced it really is

Genesis

The faculty at the school is made up of really nice people, who are willing to help you when you have questions. The school is not that big, so it is super easy to get around.

Congratulations! You just passed through one of the toughest years of high school: junior year. Even though your SAT and ACT scores were not what you desired, you did really well in your classes. Now, you may think that just because you finished one of the most crucial years of your high school career, you can just slack off and let loose. Well, think again. As a senior, maintain your GPA, strive to be your best, and do not, by no means, procrastinate. Yeah, procrastination is a tempting demon. He will reel you in, promise you relaxation and peace, and before you know it, you have two papers due, a project, and an exam all on the same day. Just do not do it! Senior year is important because, even if it seems cliche, just the beginning. In order to get to that university of your dreams, you have to get through senior year. Challenge yourself. You have a lot of potential and can achieve everything you set your mind to. Stop doubting yourself! You do it too much, and all you are doing is hurting yourself. I wish you the best and that God blesses you in everything.

It is not the prettiest school, but it is a good school.

Houston Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.