Houston Baptist University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Houston Baptist University

Brianna

At any college, your experience is what you make it. There are so many opportunities to meet new people and have fun if you actively seek them out and the professors are excellent and truly care about their students. Class size was what attracted me most to the university, the small number of students allows you to form lasting bonds with students and professors alike.

Heaven

my sister attends this this school I am only13 and it is a great community besides where it is placed. the only concern is the bedding I would recommend you to get patting to go under the bed overall it is the best school ever. I would recommend it for when I go to college.

Matthew

Though it's facilities are in need of upgrades and the student involvement is subpar, what really makes this university and truly unique and caring college are the people. Without the tremendous staff, professors, and faculty who care for their students beyond their grades, this university wouldn't be worth the tuition.

Joel

This is a wonderful campus for anyone who wants to be surrounding by God fearing/loving people. The campus security is superb with an emergency call station within a 2 min walking radius of any location. there’s competitive sports or for those looking to learn but still wanna workout there’s also non-competitive sport you can play just for fun. We have great food at great hours and I store shop aswell as multiple neighborhood stores, restaurants and landmarks. The school offers a free gym membership fully equipped with a pool and a court. Academically a lot of recourses are provided including free tutoring and over 18 hours of library open duration.

Carlani

I believe that Houston Baptist University is an amazing school that offers great academic opportunities to students. They truly care about their students well beings and on their academics. I have been accepted to this University and they are not only providing me with information and knowledge on my major but on other majors that will support it. They will make sure that all of their students are well taken care of. I am a future Husky and I would 100% without a doubt recommend this school to others.

Madi

Very great community for a young Christian! Not only focused on making you an educated individual but also a more spiritual individual. They strive to give their students an environment where they can grow to be well rounded and successful in all areas of life. Would definitely recommend for anyone, but mainly Christians.

Astrid

It has a safe environment because of the security it offers. I have heard good things from past students.

Alexis

It has a really nice environment and no problems at all. Everyone is there to learn and let loose a little from time to time.

armando

HBU is a great university which has pretty much everything you'd need inside of it. Would recommend to anyone else!

Heilyn

It is an amazing school, pushing their students and themselves to be the best. Everything was very clean and students look friendly. Teachers answer the fullest they know how to when you ask them something, so my opinion is that they are a very good school taking care of their business.

Ngoc

HBU meets my needs as a current biochemistry and molecular biology student. I feel that the rigorous sciences will prepare me well for my graduate school studies. Aside from the academics, the university also has great student supporting services on campus to help students throughout their time at HBU.

Areli

It is a very expensive school! My sister dropped a class and her tuition stayed the same. Apparently the number of classes you took didn't matter and tuition was the same for everyone. They mowed the lawns at least once a week and were always cleaning the outdoors of campus. I think the appearance of the school was a huge priority. It is also not very diverse. They had a lot of "Greek" spirit for sure! They took a lot of pride on being a liberal arts college and spoke proudly about being so. The fact that the students have to go to "worship" and "spiritual" activities on campus to gain enough required points to graduate is a huge down side. The campus is also so so small! It's smaller than my nearest community college. I got an overall proud vibe from the staff there. They also didn't seem very understanding of the life of a commuter with a part time job and no time for extra-curricular activities.

Jenniffer

Houston Baptist University is a small yet very diverse university. When I first applied to this campus, I was a bit skeptical because I am not the most religious person in this world. However, when I attended a tour I felt welcomed with open arms, which I did not feel in any other university that I toured. Ever since then I have been in love with this school-all of the staff is kind, teachers are attentive and care for your academics, and there is an event going on every day so a student can get involved. Tuition is the only thing that is dreadful. For a small campus that it is tuition is very high, but I still truly love the school and the staff.

Sana

I really enjoy the private aspect of the university because the class size is small and we have many opportunities to get involved. I also really like how we are able to interact with the professors personally because it aids us in being able to plan out our degree. I have been able to take advantage of many pre-med type clubs that are aiding me taking on leadership roles. Not only that, but I am also able to work with my peers and have made great friends in the process as well.

Mirca

In my opinion Houston Baptist is a great university to attend its a small campus, but its great like that because the class sizes are a lot smaller than public universities, you get to talk to your professors one on one more often during their office hours, and it is religious affiliated as well. We get to experience a lot of new things, such as joining clubs, fraternities, sororities, and organizations. everyone there is really nice and helpful.

Sasha

I really enjoyed visiting and love the diversity the school shows and how involved students are. Everyone is willing to help others and professors able to be there for students. The advisors are very helpful in choosing a major to staying in contact with you even if you are not a student yet. I can’t wait to start my freshman year in the fall!!

Aaishah

It is a very conservative school. They push the conservative view onto students and staff. HBU also is very expensive. I paid almost 32 thousand dollars a year and recently HBU officials had increased the tuition to 36 thousand dollars by year 2020. That's too expensive for an average academia/learning environment. I would not suggest a friend or family to go to HBU.

suamy

my overall opinion of Houston baptist university is i truly believe that it is an amazing school to attend to. my reasoning for that is the environment is very welcoming and the staff are there to provide you with help of any kind that is needed throughout the school year. teachers are very welcoming and encouraging when it comes to learning in class and i appreciate that because previously iv'e had teachers who don't put as much as interest as hbu teachers do. the school offers various ways for students to get help wether it being them helping us look for well paying jobs to helping us find good scholarships or programs well fitted for our career choice

Miles

Great school!

Jasmine

I personally have a love-hate relationship, one minute I'm in love because the people honestly are the ones that make the university amazing. Then because it's so small, there is literally NOTHING TO DO! UNLESS YOU HAVE A CAR AND WILLING TO DRIVE EVERYONE! The professors are great! But let me tell you, CLW points and extra required courses will kill you! they'll hold you back! if you can I suggest you get some course done at a community college, it will save you a lot of time and money! Overall it's a good school! If you're more into ​academic life, then you'll love it here.

Jim

Awesome!!

Mariam

Great school and Professor's. HBU is very diverse and for that reason there should be more financial assistance or scholarship opportunity available to International students. Work study payment can be improved as well as more opportunities should be provided and given to students who do not have the privilege to work outside off the school campus. Overall, great faculty and staff.