Houston, TX
Houston Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Houston Community College

Chrystal

My school is know for the high quality of education despite the fact that it is a community college.

Hi Chrystal, Don't freak out. Actually...freak out because time travel is real and possible!!! Yay! I'm the 28 year old you. I don't have much time so listen carefully. Apply for all of the schools you want to go to. Money may be tight but there are soooo many scholarships out there. You have to try. Also, you know that you have wanted to be a teacher for as long as you can remember. So either get your degree in theatre (your second love) and get a teaching certificate or get your degree in education. I know it's hard to see right now, but you are so smart and have so much going for you. Please don't waste it. Less than 5% of your friends will stay that way. "Old" people say this all the time but seriously, don't worry about what they say or do.The secret to confidence is knowledge. So learn everything you can about everything you can. Working can wait (I promise, it's not going anywhere). Make us proud. PS. Next year...Doctor Who...watch it. Most importantly, I love us. Even if you can't right now.

I think that the worst thing about my school is the fact that there are no options to obtain a bachelors degree.

Carolina

I go to school to study not to make friends so they are students, just students to me.

the first advice would be "enjoy your high school days, you will miss them later", and then the common ones such as "apply to financial aid" "search scholarships and apply for them", to finish with the personal ones such as, "learn well english" "study english".

The help to hispanic students whom doesnt speak english very well, yes! like me, and the financial aid services. Most of the time I feel so discriminated.

Jescika

A diverse group of people whom i enjoy attending class with.

A diverse group of people whom i enjoy attending class with.

Follow your dreams. People are always going to tell you to do this and become that. But they've had their chance of choosing what to do with their lives and just because they want you to become what they didn't, doesn't mean you have to listen to them. Just smile and nod, and listen to your heart. Because if you don't you'll regret it all and you don't want that. P.S. study a little harder and more importantly follow your dreams

A person who is not wanting to further their education or a person who thinks that higher education is a waste of time or money. A person who has no drive to better themselves for them, their family, or their future.

Marisol

Even though it is a community college, it is so diverse, and it almost seems like you are at a regular university campus.

Apply for scholarships! Don't give up on your dreams. You are too smart to just stop and not keep going in this journey. God has given you the intelligence to make something out of your life. Don't let so many years go by, you cna be someone in life. Make your parents proud. Your future really does depend on this.

I don't consider Houston Community College to have any bad things about it. I have to admit it's a great school, althought it would be nice for all the cmapuses to be nicely updated like the Central campus and maybe add more buildings since it gives it a real "university" like feeling.

Jacqueline

Houston is ever changing, developing, and rebuilding. This is also true of the Houston Community College campus. It has many majors and career choices and submits a student's embodiment into a career choice.

Academics get students ready to compete in the real world and provide adequate knowledge to be successful on a career path. Tips: Media awareness, academic social networking, study skills, reading reviews, and connecting with employment.

Nelson

The differences between Houston Community College and other colleges is Houston Communtity College involved in invironmental friendly activities and help the planet.

The advice I would give my self is to stay encourage and not getting off task. I also would plan to make plans to put down important events I need to meet and not forget important events. I plan to think positive things and make important events positive and successful.

The most frustrating thing about Houston Community College is the enrollment process.

Jacob

Houston Community College is one of the most friendly and cohesive places you can go, you will be treated like family.

The diversity and treatment of students is very comforting.

I would tell my-self to stop worrying about fitting in and being cool and trying to impress people Ill never see again. I would tell my self to fix my priorities, peer presure is an overcomable obstacle. Just be happy; no one, no thing, no amount of knowledge can bring you happiness, it comes from within. Dont beat your-self up, better things come your way. Seize the opportunities that are slapping you in the face! Take control of your life because no one else is looking out for you. Be yourself, everyone is insecure of them selves aswell. Dont stop dreaming, keep working for those goals. Make real connections with people, doesnt have to be the cool kids. Be real with your self and those around you. All these things are great things to say to my past self to try to reconcile any missed steps or opportunities but I think the most important thing I would tell my self would be: Make mom and dad proud, you wont have them for too long. Whatever happens just know they were never dissapointed in you. -Your friend, Jacob

andrew

Make all of your grades count. Well, you should have done that all year around. But grades do factor in a lot on the outcome of the college or university that you want to attend. Apply for as many scholarships as you can and get all the financial aid you can. Dont lose focus on the things that are important that will help benifit you. Whatever anyone tells you dont let it discourage you from advancing your education. Dont rush into some thing that you arent prepared for. Make a schedule and plan ahead for the future. Dont be so reckless and care free all the time, youll forget your priorities.

How much oppurtunity and how easy and different it is from high school. What oppurtinities i had waiting for me. The different and numerous classes they had to offer.

Its really good for everyone to be honest, but if youre just not really into going to school and enthusiastic about going to school then you shouldnt go.

Jordan

It's time for you to wake up. Sure you don't drink or do drugs, for now, but just you wait... college life is a slippery slope full of distractions ready to push you down. Parties, alcohol, and drugs; it's an intoxicating atmosphere, which promises to make you feel better and have fun. The scariest thing about that though, is that it will follow through on that promise. At least momentarily it will, and you'll have the time of your life. Where will you be after the buzz has worn off though? I'll tell you. You will be laying in bed, skipping another week of classes, and hating yourself. That is where you will be unless you wake up now. High school classes are easy, yeah I know, but who cares. Learn to study, learn to say no to distractions, and put some actual time and effort into achieving your true potential. Most importantly, pick up a pen and begin writing poetry like you did when you were young. You have no idea how therapeutic it will be, and how much better you will feel. Wake up, because today is the day you change.

I wish I had known that the campuses were all spread out so much. Of course I come from a very small town, so that could help explain it a little bit.

The most frustrating thing is the way they process people. It doesn't feel personal at all, and to a point even feels like they don't really care about you as a student, and only care about you as the money you pay them. However, that seems to be how most schools are now a days..

One advise I could give to myself is learn more about the major I want to archive in my life and what are the steps I have to take to get until the end.

I wish to had known before I came to Houston Community college was how to do homework online, I wasn't used to do all the work online.

The most fustrating thing about school is when I don't understand something quick but there's always the instructor to help me.

Houston Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.