Houston, TX
Houston Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Houston Community College

Melindalove

I like it bunch of students

I like it bunch of students

paul

Amazing to say the very least. wonderful social atmosphere, teacher are willing to stay with you a few extra hours just to make sure you got the material being covered in class down and give you a good stern lecture and kick in the pants when you need it the staff always greet you with a smile and sometimes a shoulder to cry on if needed. the staff here are always on the look out for new ways to supply you with that sense of security of a very close-knit family that all college goers need.

the anime club, student government association, afternoon fitness class which consist of: Zumba, yoga, and calisthenic fitness.

social butterflies. everyone talks and helps everyone, it is very easy to make friends here and with it being college the maturity level higher therefore you will make friends that don't mind telling you when you are messing up.

good. tutorials begin basic and then become more complex as you progress, no getting left behind and definately no option for failure

caleb

If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a highschool senior I would tell him to apply for tons of scholarships. Although the community college is a great place to start I would stress to my past self that the university will be so much better. I would also tell him to take school a little bit more seriosly.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of motivation. Most of the students at Houston Community College seem like do not even want to be there. This makes it difficult to focus when the other students do not care about their own grades.

The type of person that should not attend this school is someone who wants school spirit of fun. Students seem to depressed to even be a apart of the school system. Although it is providing me an education for the fraction of a price compared to universites, I can not wait to be around a more lively crowd

Loreal

Dear self, stop falling asleep in class. Always bring a snack and water with you. When you get tired, eat what you brought. Remember to always be on time with your assignments. Even if it seems like it could wait, it shouldn't. If you don't feel like dressing up, don't. Your outfit won't affect your grade in class, come as comfortable as you'd like. Try to make friends. Friends will help you out when you need to understand something. Don't bring more than five dollars in change per day. Vending machines will eat your wallet alive. Always bring a pen AND a pencil, you never know what your teacher might assign for that day. Always have a good eraser, smudged pencil marks are the work of the devil.

I really love the fact that most of my classes include open discussions. It really gives me an opportunity to voice my opinions and feel like I'm being heard.

I don't like the fact that my classmates don't always interact with one another. I feel that it makes the room in the air very awkward and tense.

Houston Community College is the most well-known community college system in Houston. I think most of the students have chosen to start their education there for economical reasons. I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the professors and their personal investment in the students.

Once you figure out who you are, accept it. Accept your personality, and your likes and dislikes. Do not spend so much time trying to figure out how to blend in with everyone else. You are unique—maybe even a little unusual—for a reason, and that is okay. Strengthen your strengths and improve upon your weaknesses, but do not struggle in vain to make fundamental changes to who you are at your core. The fact that you need time to figure out what you really want is part of who you are. Once you know what you want, however, just jump in! Do not waste time bantering with insecurities and doubt.

I go to a community college, where of the students are there with the intention of transfering to a bigger university. I would have to say the best thing there are the professors. The majority of them seem to genuinely like their jobs and care about the welfare and success of their students. Many of them have been a source of encouragement and inspiration for me. They have also taken the time to give personal advice to help me in my chosen career path.

jason

You have integrity. It is so much that it could be a physical item, and be given to others by the pound. You lost interest in academics for lack of money. I warn you, DON’T! You will find the money for your first semester, and focus that massive integrity on learning. You will fall in love with books three months before your senior year ends. In fact, the first book you will read from cover to cover will be the Hunger Games. You will finish the entire trilogy in four days, and check out a new book every other day for the remainder of the year. Fall in love with books sooner! College is about reading textbooks, and loving to read will make college fun. Writing, the one subject that you believe is useless. In college you will write essays for everything; in addition, how you write is how you speak, so improve it! Buy a grammar book, and never stop reading it. You will always make mistakes; English requires time and patience to learn. The sooner you begin to improve, the easier things can be in the future. You are a genius, so do not give up.

how financial aid worked. explain to students that the southeast campus has a building that in not even close to the others, but is still considered south east campus; it is about 5 miles away.

it is a community college, but i would have enjoyed beingnin campus more if there was more activities in clubs; for example, a study club for certain subjects.

Chrystal

My school is know for the high quality of education despite the fact that it is a community college.

Hi Chrystal, Don't freak out. Actually...freak out because time travel is real and possible!!! Yay! I'm the 28 year old you. I don't have much time so listen carefully. Apply for all of the schools you want to go to. Money may be tight but there are soooo many scholarships out there. You have to try. Also, you know that you have wanted to be a teacher for as long as you can remember. So either get your degree in theatre (your second love) and get a teaching certificate or get your degree in education. I know it's hard to see right now, but you are so smart and have so much going for you. Please don't waste it. Less than 5% of your friends will stay that way. "Old" people say this all the time but seriously, don't worry about what they say or do.The secret to confidence is knowledge. So learn everything you can about everything you can. Working can wait (I promise, it's not going anywhere). Make us proud. PS. Next year...Doctor Who...watch it. Most importantly, I love us. Even if you can't right now.

I think that the worst thing about my school is the fact that there are no options to obtain a bachelors degree.

Carolina

I go to school to study not to make friends so they are students, just students to me.

the first advice would be "enjoy your high school days, you will miss them later", and then the common ones such as "apply to financial aid" "search scholarships and apply for them", to finish with the personal ones such as, "learn well english" "study english".

The help to hispanic students whom doesnt speak english very well, yes! like me, and the financial aid services. Most of the time I feel so discriminated.

Jescika

A diverse group of people whom i enjoy attending class with.

A diverse group of people whom i enjoy attending class with.

Follow your dreams. People are always going to tell you to do this and become that. But they've had their chance of choosing what to do with their lives and just because they want you to become what they didn't, doesn't mean you have to listen to them. Just smile and nod, and listen to your heart. Because if you don't you'll regret it all and you don't want that. P.S. study a little harder and more importantly follow your dreams

A person who is not wanting to further their education or a person who thinks that higher education is a waste of time or money. A person who has no drive to better themselves for them, their family, or their future.

Houston Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.