Houston, TX
Houston Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Houston Community College

Marisol

Even though it is a community college, it is so diverse, and it almost seems like you are at a regular university campus.

Apply for scholarships! Don't give up on your dreams. You are too smart to just stop and not keep going in this journey. God has given you the intelligence to make something out of your life. Don't let so many years go by, you cna be someone in life. Make your parents proud. Your future really does depend on this.

I don't consider Houston Community College to have any bad things about it. I have to admit it's a great school, althought it would be nice for all the cmapuses to be nicely updated like the Central campus and maybe add more buildings since it gives it a real "university" like feeling.

Jacqueline

Houston is ever changing, developing, and rebuilding. This is also true of the Houston Community College campus. It has many majors and career choices and submits a student's embodiment into a career choice.

Academics get students ready to compete in the real world and provide adequate knowledge to be successful on a career path. Tips: Media awareness, academic social networking, study skills, reading reviews, and connecting with employment.

Nelson

The differences between Houston Community College and other colleges is Houston Communtity College involved in invironmental friendly activities and help the planet.

The advice I would give my self is to stay encourage and not getting off task. I also would plan to make plans to put down important events I need to meet and not forget important events. I plan to think positive things and make important events positive and successful.

The most frustrating thing about Houston Community College is the enrollment process.

Jacob

Houston Community College is one of the most friendly and cohesive places you can go, you will be treated like family.

The diversity and treatment of students is very comforting.

I would tell my-self to stop worrying about fitting in and being cool and trying to impress people Ill never see again. I would tell my self to fix my priorities, peer presure is an overcomable obstacle. Just be happy; no one, no thing, no amount of knowledge can bring you happiness, it comes from within. Dont beat your-self up, better things come your way. Seize the opportunities that are slapping you in the face! Take control of your life because no one else is looking out for you. Be yourself, everyone is insecure of them selves aswell. Dont stop dreaming, keep working for those goals. Make real connections with people, doesnt have to be the cool kids. Be real with your self and those around you. All these things are great things to say to my past self to try to reconcile any missed steps or opportunities but I think the most important thing I would tell my self would be: Make mom and dad proud, you wont have them for too long. Whatever happens just know they were never dissapointed in you. -Your friend, Jacob

andrew

Make all of your grades count. Well, you should have done that all year around. But grades do factor in a lot on the outcome of the college or university that you want to attend. Apply for as many scholarships as you can and get all the financial aid you can. Dont lose focus on the things that are important that will help benifit you. Whatever anyone tells you dont let it discourage you from advancing your education. Dont rush into some thing that you arent prepared for. Make a schedule and plan ahead for the future. Dont be so reckless and care free all the time, youll forget your priorities.

How much oppurtunity and how easy and different it is from high school. What oppurtinities i had waiting for me. The different and numerous classes they had to offer.

Its really good for everyone to be honest, but if youre just not really into going to school and enthusiastic about going to school then you shouldnt go.

Jordan

It's time for you to wake up. Sure you don't drink or do drugs, for now, but just you wait... college life is a slippery slope full of distractions ready to push you down. Parties, alcohol, and drugs; it's an intoxicating atmosphere, which promises to make you feel better and have fun. The scariest thing about that though, is that it will follow through on that promise. At least momentarily it will, and you'll have the time of your life. Where will you be after the buzz has worn off though? I'll tell you. You will be laying in bed, skipping another week of classes, and hating yourself. That is where you will be unless you wake up now. High school classes are easy, yeah I know, but who cares. Learn to study, learn to say no to distractions, and put some actual time and effort into achieving your true potential. Most importantly, pick up a pen and begin writing poetry like you did when you were young. You have no idea how therapeutic it will be, and how much better you will feel. Wake up, because today is the day you change.

I wish I had known that the campuses were all spread out so much. Of course I come from a very small town, so that could help explain it a little bit.

The most frustrating thing is the way they process people. It doesn't feel personal at all, and to a point even feels like they don't really care about you as a student, and only care about you as the money you pay them. However, that seems to be how most schools are now a days..

One advise I could give to myself is learn more about the major I want to archive in my life and what are the steps I have to take to get until the end.

I wish to had known before I came to Houston Community college was how to do homework online, I wasn't used to do all the work online.

The most fustrating thing about school is when I don't understand something quick but there's always the instructor to help me.

Houston Community College is a great school to take classes at for the price it offers.

Houston Community College is best known for being the school that students go to when they're not sure what they want to do with their life and because of that, they're not willing to spend a ridiculous amount of money on classes while trying to figure out what exactly they want to get into.

Stay focused. Even though you may not know what you want to do for the rest of your life, don't stress and have fun trying to figure it out. It is a bit ridiculous forcing children who not too long ago had to ask to go to the bathroom to make a decision that would more or less impact them for the rest of their life, but hey, that's life. No matter what mistakes you make in life, always remember that it's never too late to make a change. Even though you're taking things slow by going to a community college, at least you're going to school. Don't waste your parents time and money. Stay focused and I promise that one day, you'll know exactly what you were put on this earth to do, and college will help you get there. Never give up, and always look forward to tomorrow.

Alexis

Houston Community College is known for providing university-caliber education; innovative, creative instruction; comprehensive individual support, and for being an engaged, responsive community partner.

If I had gone back in time towards my Senior year in High School knowing what I know now about College I would have told myself I need to work 10 times harder than I actually did. Although I passed and graduated High School its not enough to just pass. If you want to over succeed so you can pass the ones at the top and arent stuck behind then jump ahead and do your research as ask questions pertaining to college. All the oppurtunies I had to push myself I took them for granted and did metiocre work. Good things in life never come easy. Seek the help you need to get to where you beloing. Apply for scholarships and asking counselors for help to get ahead.

I wish I had known about the scholarships and clubs Houston Community College has to offer. My major is Pharmacy and I'm hoping to obtain my Pharmaceutical degree in an average 8years. I'm trying to get involved in science clubs: Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy ect. While on the side applying for scholarships and using the money towards books and tuition because college is so expensive.

Morgan

My classmates are a variety of everything including age and race.

My classmates are a variety of everything including age and race.

I will let myself know that going from high school to college is a great big change. It's going to be hard, but I can do it!

I brag about the small classes sizes of 20 in each class.

Houston Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.