Houston, TX
Houston Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Houston Community College

Chyrsten

If I could travel, back in time and give my high school self-advice. I would say work as hard as you can all the time in whatever you do, because in the end the hard work will pay off. If you study hard now and put all your focus in to school now in the end you will see how easier life gets through college, with the skills and determination you learn in high school.

Annalise

I have no idea what my college is best known for because it is a community college. I would assume though, that it is best known for the cost of the classes, and their willingness to help you succeed in your own time.

My school is unique from the others i considered because it is a community college and all the other colleges were universities. Also the other reason is because it is more laid back and willing to help the students succeed. Lonestar College also focuses the degree plan more on the profession you are planning to do instead of making the student take all the other classes not focused on your degree.

If I went back and talked to myself while i was in highschool, I would tell myself that the smartest thing is to go to a community college, because it would help get myself and my college mindset into gear. I would also tell myself that community college is cheaper and would allow me to be able to watch my younger sister finish out her senior year and watch her play basketball. It also helps you out in the way that it allows you to be more successful and helps you out in the long-run because it allows you to become more focused and sets you up to succeed in the career you choose sooner.

W

Stay in school, it is easier to continue on the educational path without a large gap of time passing. The information you have at this point is still fresh in your mind and will make for a smoother transition to higher education. You can still work and support your baby while going to school as you have already proven, so why stop now? Be the best example you can be for your daughter. A better education will lead to a better job so that you can give her the things in life you know she deserves. You owe it to yourself to be the best that you can be, education is an important part of that. If you will not listen to anyone else then listen to yourself (me), take care of yourself - no one else will, knowledge is strength, stay strong!

Rebecca

Find fun in everything you do and do everything with passion. I would remind myself to stay focused on what really matters to me and not get easily discouraged by obstacles. Too often I see people focusing on paths only to make others happy or to gain materialistic objects. As a young person it's easy to lose sight of the things that truly make you happy. I would tell myself to find what makes me happy and focus my studies that will lead me to a career path that I will enjoy, because otherwise I could end up making my college career take longer than I want it to. The transition from high school to college means more responsibility and to be mature about the choices I make. because they can and will stay with me throughout my college career, whether that be personal friend choices, grades or they way I behave . You are always interviewing whether you know it or not and so you want to make sure people see the person you really are and the person you realyl want to be. Always stay true to your morals and beliefs while having fun as well.

Emma

They are dedicated and honest workers.

They are dedicated and honest workers.

My school is a community college with a wide variety of classes. They are small classes opposed to huge and that is exactly what I want. I don't have to pay $1000000 to live on campus and eat in the dining hall. It's a nice change.

Don't use your credit card all the time! It will be your biggest regret when you are out of school. You can't do anything for spring break because you are poor and that is the same for summer. You have to work two jobs to pay off your credit cards plus bills. It is the worst idea ever!

Spencer

I would tell myself to gear up and get ready for college. I would work much harder towards my grades so I could get into the four year university of my choice instead of going to a community college and taking my basic requirements first. Although my current self has taken the long route, I might have told senior self to start looking at universities degree programs and the option of taking basic degree requirements at a local community college. I would have also told my senior self to pick a degree or to narrow my choices down to a few, instead of many. Picking a degree is essential to know where you want to go and what you want to do in life. I would have also told my senior self to save up as much money as I could possibly do, because college is very expensive.

Alora

There are morning and evening classes. There are many locations in Houston. Tutoring is available along with affordable classes.

College is awesome. There are challenges ahead and interesting people to meet. Stay focused and absorb the knowlegde that will be presented. You are investing in your own future; and you're worth the investment.

I've met counselors and academic advisors that really care. They've taken time with me when choosing a degree plan and classes.

Shaylyn

My school is helpful with all the facilities they offer and all the help they offer.

These people are determined, focused and willing to work hard to get the work done.

I've learned alot going from a high school student to now being a college student. If i could go back in time and tell myself some words of wisdom and advice, I would tell myself a couple of things. First of all, I would tell myself that high school and the grades you get in high school really do matter when you start college. So, don't mess around and take high school seriously. Secondly, I would tell myself that in college when the teachers say study for two to four hours a night, they really do mean it. That you must sit down focus, study and do all your homework or you will fall behind and get lost in class. Finally, I would remind myself that yes college is going to be alot of work, but if your willing to give up some fun for the next four years until you get your masters degree, then you will beable to afford to have fun for the rest of your life. Those are probably the top three things i would tell and remind myself about college.

Wharton County Junior College consist of people from different backgrounds, and becoming friends with people who also live close to your area is a great advantage to creating a close friendship.

Jessica, you are a senior and I know it is the most laid back year in high school, but don't take advantage of the situation. Getting your basics in Texas is on the to do list, but think about how your going to continue in your path to attending FIDM in Los Angeles, California. Start looking for scholarships and grants now!!! It's okay to take it easy and have fun ruling Foster,but set some ground rules on how to spend your money and how to start saving. When signing up for courses, look up the classes ahead of time and register as soon as possible before you get stuck in a bad seat with a professor with a bad syllabus. Look up the professor';s you are intersted in on ratemyprofessor.com. Trust me, it helps. One more thing before I let you go, don't let anyone tell you you can't do something. When there is a will, there is a way.

I cannot yet tell you about Houston Community College, but i can tell you about Wharton County Junior College. Being in a junior college is a great way to start college after high school. It is alot cheaper to get your basics closer to home and also helps you decide what you want to major in. WCJC has great professors that you can have a one on one discussions about a subject. I was able to talk to my psychology professor on how to bring my grade up. Extra credit really helped!

Tracy

I'm not really sure but probably either for the range of areas that they have campuses in or the low cost of tuition.

I was never a high school senior because I dropped out of school when I was a sophmore. The hardest part of going back to school was trying to get back into the habit of studying and doing homework. If I could go back I would tell myself to stay in school, graduate, and then go straight to college.

I work full time and go to school in the evening. The most frustrating thing for me is the limited availability of classes as I get closer to finishing.

Houston Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.