Houston, TX
Houston Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Houston Community College

Houston community college is the stepping to stone to my future success.

Houston community college is the stepping to stone to my future success.

Houston Community College is best known for its diversity among the city. There is a small town feel to each HCC location and there are plenty of locations around to make going to college alot easier

Never give up on yourself, when its hard remember that one day it will be so much easier. Take time for your friends they will be the best support for you though the years, but remember that sometimes they don't give the best advice. Homework is essential to understand a subject your learning. Don't be afraid to ask questions they will get you so much further and really what does it matter if it makes you look silly, no one but you is in charge of your life so don't let them run it. The best part of being an adult and in college is you don't have to agree with your professors, must of them enjoy the debate. Take every class as a step toward your future. Don't skip class, everyone is important and valuable. Keep in contact with the professors that will be able to help you down the road, they know people and if you let know your are serious about your future they will do what they can to help you. Start working on your resume sooner than later, every class you take will help make it better. Good Luck.

BLACK

THERE A LESS STUDENTS TO A CLASS, PLUS THE SCHOOL IS CLOSE TO MY HOME,ALSO THE ADVISORS ARE VERY HELPFUL AND CARING AND THE TEACHERS COMMUNICATE WITH YOU ON A ONE TO ONE BASIS.....

I WOULD TRY TO WORK HARDER, STUDY LONGER, GET MORE TUTURING AND TRY HARDER ON MY SAT'S AND ACT'S SCORES, I WOULD HAVE TRIED TO APPLY HARDER FOR SCHOLORSHIPS, BECAUSE MY MOTHER IS DISABLED AND REALLY CAN'T AFFORD TO HELP ME THRU COLLEGE...ALSO I SHOULD HAVE TRULY TOOK HIGH SCHOOL MORE SERIOUS AS I AM COLLEGE NOW....I KNOW EDUCATION IS VERY IMPORTANT TO SUCCEED IN LIFE AND I WON'T TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THIS WORLD TODAY...

A PERSON WHO REALLY CAN'T ATTEND TO A UNIVERSITY FIRST AND A STUDENT WHO MAY NEED MORE ATTENTION THAN OTHER STUDENTS...

Roxana

I cinsidered this school because it is small and do not have too much students, so the teachers can cooperate better with the students.

I would tell myself how to prepare to college life and mostly I would tell me what subject I have to study mostly. I will also tell me not to spend money because later i will need it, and that college life is a wonderful experience and not a ugly step in life like everyone says. well, I do not know there would be so many things! I woul tell my self the best way to study for me is to read the notes and then the book and then do some index cards and that is it! well, I will just tell my self that college life is great that there is nothing or anyone to be afraid of!

The way teachers comunicate to students. I have found very good teachers that know how to teach and talk to students. Mostly they know how to make student feel that we can trust in them and that is helpful.

Katiana

As a high school senior always looking for the best school and dont wait until the last minute to look for school. One more you always have to do ahead is filling out financial aid as quick as possible. Don't ever apply to only one school and always participate in some kind of extracurriculum activities and sports.

The most frustrating about most of school how they grade, because each and every school have different grade system so I just hope it will not be as bad as I think.

Ogechi

My school is diverse with alot of instructors to choose from, and convenient locations around houston.

If I had to go back in time, I would have adviced myself to get into college as soon as I was done with high school.

No pathophysiology class. I had to take the class but it was not available at all. I guess we do not have a pathophysiology instructor.

Serge

One of the things I don't regret is taking an extra class of pre-calc before graduating high school. Sometimes even if you don't make a good grade, putting effort into it gives you a step ahead towards college course load and great prior knowledge. I do regret not paying enough attention in some classes such as history or English.

Houston community college is great for its many locations around houston. Central campus has an amazing library.

My experience in classes was not pleasing. Some professors do not attempt to motivate their students to learn. My past English professor always came to class late, hardly taught the subject and gave grades away for effortless assignments. Also, library personel are not monitoring the library section to keep students from talking aloud with friends, some talk on cell phones and distract those who study.

feliz

HCCS can accomodate every students needs.

HCCS can accomodate every students needs.

Take as many dual credits as you can, and all the maths and sciences in high school, get as many credits out as you can, get the best grade you can get in ACT, SAT, etc and test out of everything ask possible as you can so you wont have to struggle for it in college.

Its a small school, and its great for starting out. The teacher understands you and complies, unlike big university.

Tiffany

Helpful to get my core classes done in order to transfer to University of Houston.

Very diverse; some are very driven and others seem to not want to be there at all.

Coming to college was not only the smartest thing I ever did, and it has taught me so much more than just things that books can teach. In high school, I wasnt living in a realistic world and had no idea about the rude awakening I would receive when transitioning to college. I never went to class and never studied, but somehow graduated school with a 2.8 due to authority figures letting me get away with anything I wanted. I thought life was a party and there was nowhere better to party than at a college campus. I got into the University of Houston and was ecstatic, but not prepared. I ended up failing my first yearand not only that, I also failed myself, and worst of all, my family. I would tell the high school me that the best feeling in the world is getting an A in a class. That themost amazing thing a parent can say is how proud of you they are and thats only possible with discipline and responsibility. It feels amazing to know that you deserve the amazing grades you make and know that youre going to do something great with your life.

sharon

My advise would be for them to stay focus on education. I would encourage them to begin the process early to select a college they prefer to attend. I would also have them visit the college of their choice ahead of time.

Any one who is serious about education and is ready to move forward in life!

Everyone should attend school. The type of person that shouldn't attend would be the person who is not serious about their education.

Houston Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.