Houston, TX
Houston Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Houston Community College

Tiffaney

Wow, that is a good questions! I would definitely tell myself to stick with college no matter what. Since money was not available, I backed out and figured I would work and go to school. Although I made several attempts to go to school and work, I never finished. I totally regret my decisions in the past, because now I am married with 3 children and most people my age are well into their careers. Choosing to finish college right after high school is the best advice anyone can give. My income would be quadrupled if I could have followed my advice today. I can't afford college because I have 3 kids and responsibilities. This scholarship would definitely be a blessing to me. I have always wanted to be a Nurse and my advice would be to stick with Nursing because the future is bright for medical majors; as is today.

Someone who is serious about their academics and future career. HCC has quality education for the conservative wallet! People from all walks of life attend HCC. You can just be entering college for the first time, or returning after starting a family - I did. HCC accepted all my transfering credits. They are nationally diverse and offer a positive cultural environment. Students from any part of the world can attend HCC. Their online classes are user friendly and the professors are very helpful. Most if not all of my professors were very knowledgeable in their field; which offers assurance.

That it is one of the largest community colleges in the country; conveniently located throughout the City of Houston. HCC also has a very competitve Nursing Program in the heart of the medical community - The Medical Center. I also let others know that HCC is affordable and gives a quality education to those serious about learning. They also assist with high quality daycare center needs for returning mothers; which to my advantage was one of the reasons I chose HCC.

A diverse group that are all prepared for learning on the next level.

A diverse group that are all prepared for learning on the next level.

Megan, taking the next step into higher learning is the best thing that you could do for yourself. You should start off at a community college it is cheaper and you will still get a wonderful education so you should speak with your school counselor now to find out when you need to apply and what if any scholarships you can apply for.It will be tough to make the responsible choices of going to class and getting your work done, but once you do you will feel so rewarded. Don't take classes in the morning, your to tired to pay attention. Make sure you speak with a counselor when ever your questioning what to do with your education, they will help point you in the right direction and give you the best advice on what classes to take. Having an education is the most important thing you can do for yourself you will get much further in life with a degree in your pocket. Never give up on yourself, you can do what ever you put your mind to. Good Luck.

The finanical aid dept is really busy and it is hard to talk with someone over the phone, I have had a few problems with my refund and it took several attempts to get the problem resolved. It just sometimes feels like there is no one to help with the little things.

Sahar

It is known for its affordable tuition and small class sizes.

It is known for its affordable tuition and small class sizes.

I would tell myself to seriously start early on the college search and prioritize. Adults always say that, but high-school students rarely believe it. Instead it would be a better idea if high-school students were to receive genuine information about college through college students and not through counselors and teachers. I wish I had known how to better maintain my schedule and not procrastinate. Being a college student now, I realize the importance of such little things like punctuality and wished I had known that earlier from someone who I could believe like a current college student.

I wish I had known about the different programs it has to offer. I also wish I had known where each campus was located.

Wan-Qin

My school provides good study environment that has many facilities available for students and gives help to students with their studies through their tutoring programs such as the writing center and online tutoring.

If I was to give advice as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take a short break after I had graduated from high school. I am an international student. I came to United States in December, right after I graduated in November. In my family's opinion, it's better for me to go to school instead of getting a low-wage part-time job when the economy in 2008 was horrible, so that I will be ready for a job when the economy turns good in order to support my younger sister for her higher education. As a result, I ended up wasting a lot of time in deciding my major that I have to postpone my transfer plan. Therefore, it is really important to get a better understanding of yourself before you leap. You have to ask yourself: what is your interest, what kind of study environment that you need, and how would you want your life to be. Give yourself some time to "talk" to yourself. At least, have a rough idea in your mind about the field that you want to get involved in as your lifetime occupation.

Everything is available on the school's website and there are many counselors available for students' needs that I can get whatever information needed from them. Also, there will be an orientation available for new students and foreign students before every new semester.

Houston Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.