Houston, TX
Houston Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Houston Community College

Katiana

As a high school senior always looking for the best school and dont wait until the last minute to look for school. One more you always have to do ahead is filling out financial aid as quick as possible. Don't ever apply to only one school and always participate in some kind of extracurriculum activities and sports.

The most frustrating about most of school how they grade, because each and every school have different grade system so I just hope it will not be as bad as I think.

Ogechi

My school is diverse with alot of instructors to choose from, and convenient locations around houston.

If I had to go back in time, I would have adviced myself to get into college as soon as I was done with high school.

No pathophysiology class. I had to take the class but it was not available at all. I guess we do not have a pathophysiology instructor.

Serge

One of the things I don't regret is taking an extra class of pre-calc before graduating high school. Sometimes even if you don't make a good grade, putting effort into it gives you a step ahead towards college course load and great prior knowledge. I do regret not paying enough attention in some classes such as history or English.

Houston community college is great for its many locations around houston. Central campus has an amazing library.

My experience in classes was not pleasing. Some professors do not attempt to motivate their students to learn. My past English professor always came to class late, hardly taught the subject and gave grades away for effortless assignments. Also, library personel are not monitoring the library section to keep students from talking aloud with friends, some talk on cell phones and distract those who study.

feliz

Take as many dual credits as you can, and all the maths and sciences in high school, get as many credits out as you can, get the best grade you can get in ACT, SAT, etc and test out of everything ask possible as you can so you wont have to struggle for it in college.

HCCS can accomodate every students needs.

Its a small school, and its great for starting out. The teacher understands you and complies, unlike big university.

Tiffany

Helpful to get my core classes done in order to transfer to University of Houston.

Very diverse; some are very driven and others seem to not want to be there at all.

Coming to college was not only the smartest thing I ever did, and it has taught me so much more than just things that books can teach. In high school, I wasnt living in a realistic world and had no idea about the rude awakening I would receive when transitioning to college. I never went to class and never studied, but somehow graduated school with a 2.8 due to authority figures letting me get away with anything I wanted. I thought life was a party and there was nowhere better to party than at a college campus. I got into the University of Houston and was ecstatic, but not prepared. I ended up failing my first yearand not only that, I also failed myself, and worst of all, my family. I would tell the high school me that the best feeling in the world is getting an A in a class. That themost amazing thing a parent can say is how proud of you they are and thats only possible with discipline and responsibility. It feels amazing to know that you deserve the amazing grades you make and know that youre going to do something great with your life.

sharon

My advise would be for them to stay focus on education. I would encourage them to begin the process early to select a college they prefer to attend. I would also have them visit the college of their choice ahead of time.

Any one who is serious about education and is ready to move forward in life!

Everyone should attend school. The type of person that shouldn't attend would be the person who is not serious about their education.

Tiffaney

Wow, that is a good questions! I would definitely tell myself to stick with college no matter what. Since money was not available, I backed out and figured I would work and go to school. Although I made several attempts to go to school and work, I never finished. I totally regret my decisions in the past, because now I am married with 3 children and most people my age are well into their careers. Choosing to finish college right after high school is the best advice anyone can give. My income would be quadrupled if I could have followed my advice today. I can't afford college because I have 3 kids and responsibilities. This scholarship would definitely be a blessing to me. I have always wanted to be a Nurse and my advice would be to stick with Nursing because the future is bright for medical majors; as is today.

Someone who is serious about their academics and future career. HCC has quality education for the conservative wallet! People from all walks of life attend HCC. You can just be entering college for the first time, or returning after starting a family - I did. HCC accepted all my transfering credits. They are nationally diverse and offer a positive cultural environment. Students from any part of the world can attend HCC. Their online classes are user friendly and the professors are very helpful. Most if not all of my professors were very knowledgeable in their field; which offers assurance.

That it is one of the largest community colleges in the country; conveniently located throughout the City of Houston. HCC also has a very competitve Nursing Program in the heart of the medical community - The Medical Center. I also let others know that HCC is affordable and gives a quality education to those serious about learning. They also assist with high quality daycare center needs for returning mothers; which to my advantage was one of the reasons I chose HCC.

A diverse group that are all prepared for learning on the next level.

A diverse group that are all prepared for learning on the next level.

Megan, taking the next step into higher learning is the best thing that you could do for yourself. You should start off at a community college it is cheaper and you will still get a wonderful education so you should speak with your school counselor now to find out when you need to apply and what if any scholarships you can apply for.It will be tough to make the responsible choices of going to class and getting your work done, but once you do you will feel so rewarded. Don't take classes in the morning, your to tired to pay attention. Make sure you speak with a counselor when ever your questioning what to do with your education, they will help point you in the right direction and give you the best advice on what classes to take. Having an education is the most important thing you can do for yourself you will get much further in life with a degree in your pocket. Never give up on yourself, you can do what ever you put your mind to. Good Luck.

The finanical aid dept is really busy and it is hard to talk with someone over the phone, I have had a few problems with my refund and it took several attempts to get the problem resolved. It just sometimes feels like there is no one to help with the little things.

Sahar

It is known for its affordable tuition and small class sizes.

It is known for its affordable tuition and small class sizes.

I would tell myself to seriously start early on the college search and prioritize. Adults always say that, but high-school students rarely believe it. Instead it would be a better idea if high-school students were to receive genuine information about college through college students and not through counselors and teachers. I wish I had known how to better maintain my schedule and not procrastinate. Being a college student now, I realize the importance of such little things like punctuality and wished I had known that earlier from someone who I could believe like a current college student.

I wish I had known about the different programs it has to offer. I also wish I had known where each campus was located.

Houston Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.