Houston Community College Top Questions

Marisol

Even though it is a community college, it is so diverse, and it almost seems like you are at a regular university campus.

Nelson

The differences between Houston Community College and other colleges is Houston Communtity College involved in invironmental friendly activities and help the planet.

The diversity and treatment of students is very comforting.

nico

For some, the transition from highschool to university is a difficult process. With small class sizes and knowledgable professors, I am able to make this transition with ease. I learn the same material at my school as any other univeristy...but mine is cheaper. Far cheaper. I chose my school because when I graduate I intend on being debt free.

cristina

It is a very nice campus. Although cy fair college is a community college, it is a wonderful place to be at. There are so many resources to go to for anything that is needed and they are very easy to access. They offer counceling, financial aid, tutoring, huge library with multiple computers available, a work out gym specialized for students, and so many more great things. The staff there are actually very friendly people who actually care about you and are not only there for the paycheck.

Cristina

Smaller class sizes help establish a working relationship with the instructors, it is much easier to address any problems with the course work when your instructors are so accesible.

The filmmaking program is very hands on and I did not have to wait in order to get a feel of how the industry works.

Ebony

What's unigue about my school is that even though its a community college it has a university feel to it. There are big campuses and also small ones. My school has just about every major you cana think of and the teachers and counselors explain anything you have questions about. Their goal is to make sure you understand the work and pass their class.

The unique things about my school compared to the other schools I consired would be diversity and more affordable. My community collge is so diverse. That's the most important thing to me when choosing a university that i want to attend. I have the ability to learn about other walks of life as well as getting an education. Also it is affordable during this harsh economic crisis that we are facing today. I can go to school without taking out so many studen loans to pay for my education.

Armando

The teachers seem to be very exicted about the topics wich they teach.

Shaboria

The people here do not mind helping. At some schools people know you are new and they are not as welling to help.

Shaterica

Houston Community College has small classes and the classes are easy to manage. The professors are nice and they will help you if their see you are trying. In most colleges and university some of the professor do not care and if their see you are trying to pass the class. They still will fail you even though you have went to them for help or asked them questions about a problem you did not understand. That is why a lot of high school stuendts and people that go to a university go here first because it is easy .

Annalise

My school is unique from the others i considered because it is a community college and all the other colleges were universities. Also the other reason is because it is more laid back and willing to help the students succeed. Lonestar College also focuses the degree plan more on the profession you are planning to do instead of making the student take all the other classes not focused on your degree.

My school is a community college with a wide variety of classes. They are small classes opposed to huge and that is exactly what I want. I don't have to pay $1000000 to live on campus and eat in the dining hall. It's a nice change.

BLACK

THERE A LESS STUDENTS TO A CLASS, PLUS THE SCHOOL IS CLOSE TO MY HOME,ALSO THE ADVISORS ARE VERY HELPFUL AND CARING AND THE TEACHERS COMMUNICATE WITH YOU ON A ONE TO ONE BASIS.....

Roxana

I cinsidered this school because it is small and do not have too much students, so the teachers can cooperate better with the students.