Houston Community College

« See more reviews of Houston Community College

Well, the first advice would be to learn to manage my time better. To allow myself enough time to study between classes and throughout the week. That way I would always be prepared to turn in assignments on time and be prepared for exams. Secondly, I would advise myself to take advantage of the resources on campus like tutors and going to the library to study. Sometimes doing homework at home isn't the best option. At home there could be distractions as well. Lastly, I would advise myself to pick a major that I am truly interested in. By doing that classes would become more interesting and the probablity of achieving academic success will be greater.

If i were to go back in time as a high school senior, an important advice i would give myself would be to take more upper level clases. The content of these classes can be similar to a college level class in which you have to read and commprehend the course material before hand, while also reading a book outside from the course materials. Those upper level courses could have laid a stronger foundation and made the first years of college smoother. Another advise i would give myself would be to have done more volunteering opportunities in different fields so that could have made me get an idea of what career i would be interested in.

Pay attention in class. Don't talk back or try to make a big deal because college life is stressfull. Make sure to actually study for the SAT the first time and stop thinking that it was a joke. When you apply for college write down the information first instead of rushing through it. When gonig out for the cross-country team, don't cheat on your diet plan because yopu will get exhausted a will be in last place for at least three events. Don't take that girl you like to the prom because all she will do is just break your heart and cause more hurt on you. Your parents will always be there for you and don't try to rush things.

First, i have to determine what i need in the future, what career i like, and what i want to be in the life. After that, i should focus on them. when i were still in high school senior, i just learnt from school and from teachers. all of my knowledges what i have known are from them. some of them i dont know what i need for. i just know them like one part of school schedule. i see them as general knowledges. when i transfered to college i have some intuition for myself. i know what i need and i know what i want to be in my life. From that, i just focus on that and i devote all my life for my dream in the future.

If I were able to go back in time and give myself advice about college, the first pieces of knowledge i would share woul be to "Soak up as much as you can". Not to go about my classes simply studying for a test or a quiz that was around the corner, but to study and read in a manner that would help me better retain the knowledge. The first few semesters of college are much like the classes you take in high school, and thus, had I been better at studying and retaining more knowledge, I would have been able to attain a much higher GPA for those classes that were simliar, if not the same, as my high school classes.

Make all of your grades count. Well, you should have done that all year around. But grades do factor in a lot on the outcome of the college or university that you want to attend. Apply for as many scholarships as you can and get all the financial aid you can. Dont lose focus on the things that are important that will help benifit you. Whatever anyone tells you dont let it discourage you from advancing your education. Dont rush into some thing that you arent prepared for. Make a schedule and plan ahead for the future. Dont be so reckless and care free all the time, youll forget your priorities.

I would tell myself to seriously start early on the college search and prioritize. Adults always say that, but high-school students rarely believe it. Instead it would be a better idea if high-school students were to receive genuine information about college through college students and not through counselors and teachers. I wish I had known how to better maintain my schedule and not procrastinate. Being a college student now, I realize the importance of such little things like punctuality and wished I had known that earlier from someone who I could believe like a current college student.

Once you figure out who you are, accept it. Accept your personality, and your likes and dislikes. Do not spend so much time trying to figure out how to blend in with everyone else. You are unique—maybe even a little unusual—for a reason, and that is okay. Strengthen your strengths and improve upon your weaknesses, but do not struggle in vain to make fundamental changes to who you are at your core. The fact that you need time to figure out what you really want is part of who you are. Once you know what you want, however, just jump in! Do not waste time bantering with insecurities and doubt.

If I went back and talked to myself while i was in highschool, I would tell myself that the smartest thing is to go to a community college, because it would help get myself and my college mindset into gear. I would also tell myself that community college is cheaper and would allow me to be able to watch my younger sister finish out her senior year and watch her play basketball. It also helps you out in the way that it allows you to be more successful and helps you out in the long-run because it allows you to become more focused and sets you up to succeed in the career you choose sooner.

I have learned to be alot more patient and compassionate to my patients. I've also learned that studying and learning are alot easier when you are younger (I'm 53 now and in nursing school). I've also learned that life experience goes a long way in dealing with people, keeping your cool, and showing younger students how to really want a profession no matter how old you are and how we can all teach each other something. Everyone is so very unique that it is an exciting experience every day just to be alive and with other human beings, no matter what age, profession, education, etc.