Big Spring, TX
Howard College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Howard College

Madoline2

I think Howard college is one of the decent Junior colleges schools in the west Texas area. Although the city is very small and there's not a lot to do it gave me a bunch of time to focus mainly on my academics and extracurriculars. The campus is mainly full of athletes so everyone knows each others and class sizes are very small and manageable. As a student athlete there living on campus was a very fond moment as the dorms Wifi wouldn't work most of the time and the building itself needed a lot more updating.

Daunaven

I feel as though Howard College is a great college if you don't want to deal with a lot of people and not spend so much money on tuition. The San Angelo campus doesn't have on campus housing so students are responsible for their own housing. The professors are really nice and helpful.

Mireya

I am a dual credit student at Howard College and have been for about 3 semesters. I, personally, do not feel safe being alone on campus. The classes are easy (not sure if that's a good thing or not). The professors are really flexible, friendly, and helpful.

Robert

Not a bad place to get your associates out of the way.

Not a bad place to get your associates out of the way.

Nurse from Howard

Nurse from Howard

Overall good experience. Instructors and facility staff easily available. The nursing program is challenging but you walk out of there knowing what is important. Still talk to several of my instructors and ask advice from time to time.

Howard College

I am currently a senior in high school but I have visited the Big Spring Campus multiple times. My dad used to work at the college so I was able to walk around and talk with students about the classes. I am extremely interested in attending Howard College as soon as I graduate this year and already have a plan. I wouldn't be living on campus but I am very pleased with all Howard has to offer. I feel like this is my dream school and this is my first choice in colleges.

Zach

The most important advice I could have given myself was to choose my major or field and take every single avaliable class in that field while I was here. Classes are easier in junior college (for the most part) and here we have teachers that really care about education and want to help. I wish I would have taken a lot more science classes while I was here so I would have them out of the way before university. Instead, many of the advisors wanted me to take a diverse list of classes and now I am afraid I may be behind in university and stuck taking difficult classes that would have been much easier (and cheaper) here. As far as the transition, I feel as though that went well for me. Be open minded, be social, and be positive; there will be so many opportunities for you wherever you go.

I love that I get to know people very well and establish friendships and relationships that I can take away from here.

Someone who likes a small place where you have small classes, know everyone, and your teachers are actually concerned with your success.

Kandra

My classmates could be described using the word unique; everyone has their own special traits which makes for an interesting class filled with enganging and humorous conversation.

For the love of GOD, apply for scholarships early!!! It makes things so much easier, and there wiill be much less wailing and sorrow! So many fights with your parents could have been avoided, Kandra. They're not going to help you pay for college anyway; so, you may as well help yourself. Save yourself some trouble and loads of stress. Apply early! Also, don't take online classes because, apparently, you have no motivation whatsoever to do any work unless you are told by a teacher whom you can actually see, hear, and be afraid of. Stick with what you're used to, honey. You're an auditory, visual learner, and don't you forget it!

It's not actually in Big Spring... Howard College has a campus in San Angelo (where I actually live and am going to college at said campus.) It's really annoying to try to apply for a scholarship when the school won't actually show up in the given list.

Mikalyn

What I thought was unique about this school compared to the others I visited were the people. Everyone on this campus is sincerely nice and caring. They all have smiles on their faces and care about everyone who is at this campus. I just loved how every single professor truly cared about their students and their success after Howard. It’s amazing, not one of the professors here acted like they could care less if you were in their class, or even try to make their students quit. All professors hated when a student had dropped or failed their class.

If i could go back and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell myself that to work harder on your AP classes and pass the exit test. Because with those classes I could have been so much farther in my degree plan, and not have had to take those same courses over again. Also i would tell myself to get more involved in clubs and orginizations. Because one it would look good on my college applications and two it would help me learn how to handle my stress that much better. Learning how to handle stress would helped me out so much and saved me multiple headaches. I would tell myself to learn how to take good notes early on and how to study for tests without a review or any other study help instead of just my notes and the book. My high school hindered us way too much in the way we took tests. We always got the review which it would be the same as the test just mixed up. I would tell myself not to even look at that paper and study on your own with your own material.

I think the best thing about this school is the classes you will take. The offer a wide variety of classes for just being a junior college. These classes here you actually learn in them. You take challenging classes but nothing that no one can handle. The classes here just make you think and use your own head, instead of being spoon fed all the answers. Also the classes are put in to real world experiences so you can relate to them so much more. I love the classes here and i wish all of mine would be like this.

Howard College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.