Howard College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Howard College

Overall good experience. Instructors and facility staff easily available. The nursing program is challenging but you walk out of there knowing what is important. Still talk to several of my instructors and ask advice from time to time.

I am currently a senior in high school but I have visited the Big Spring Campus multiple times. My dad used to work at the college so I was able to walk around and talk with students about the classes. I am extremely interested in attending Howard College as soon as I graduate this year and already have a plan. I wouldn't be living on campus but I am very pleased with all Howard has to offer. I feel like this is my dream school and this is my first choice in colleges.

Mireya

I am a dual credit student at Howard College and have been for about 3 semesters. I, personally, do not feel safe being alone on campus. The classes are easy (not sure if that's a good thing or not). The professors are really flexible, friendly, and helpful.

Daunaven

I feel as though Howard College is a great college if you don't want to deal with a lot of people and not spend so much money on tuition. The San Angelo campus doesn't have on campus housing so students are responsible for their own housing. The professors are really nice and helpful.

Madoline2

I think Howard college is one of the decent Junior colleges schools in the west Texas area. Although the city is very small and there's not a lot to do it gave me a bunch of time to focus mainly on my academics and extracurriculars. The campus is mainly full of athletes so everyone knows each others and class sizes are very small and manageable. As a student athlete there living on campus was a very fond moment as the dorms Wifi wouldn't work most of the time and the building itself needed a lot more updating.

Robert

Not a bad place to get your associates out of the way.

Keona

Howard College has a good college environment. Being a JUCO it is very different from a university. For instance, there is not any sororities or fraternities, and not as many student activities. I will say that the faculty at Howard tries their best to have good activities for the students to participate in. For example, the staff put on a casino night for the students to attend and participate in playing casino games with provided casino chips. There was finger food, candy, and drinks provided. At the end of the night you were able to trade in the casino chips for play money to buy prizes. Another thing different from universities is the cafeteria. Howard College does not have any restaurants in its cafeteria like big universities do. The cafeteria was not the best. There was the main line that changed every day, a grill that had a choice of hamburgers, grilled cheese, and quesadillas every day, a salad bar, cereal, and ice cream. Some days for lunch there was pizza. The main line where everyone mostly ate had a good variety of food each day, but the taste was questionable for most meals. I mostly ate cereal. The ice cream was good when it did not have freezer burn. When the main line was not good, that’s when everyone went to eat at the grill. The second semester the grill was hardly open. Breakfast on the weekdays was good. The grill was open for breakfast on the weekdays and had the options of omelets or breakfast sandwiched. Breakfast on the weekdays was a hit or miss. The academics at Howard were good. The class sizes were small enough that the professor knew everyone’s name in the class. The professors are very easy to work with and reach. They always gave their office hours or a reachable email. Overall, Howard College is a good JUCO. It would be a good first college experience before going to a university.