Columbia, MD
Howard Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Howard Community College

When I first decided to apply to Howard Community College, I was reluctant. I was unsure of what I wanted to major in and I was envious of my other friends who were already enjoying "campus/dorm life" at their respective universities. After a year of attending HCC, my perception completely changed. The subjects I struggled with most in high school, became my strongest courses. I know that without the constant help and availability my professors provided, I would not be able to be a 4.0 nutritional science student. I recommend HCC to anyone who wants the best for his or her own education.

Rida

I love Howard Community College! The people are great, classes are interesting and they have a large variety with great class sizes. The teachers are very nice and helpful plus campus is clean, safe, and accessible. If I am being very honest, I do not want to leave. It is the best community college I have ever seen.

Zoe

I personally enjoy going to Howard community college. Its close to home, offers a great range of classes and levels and has great staff. This school offers a wide variety of students that adds diversity and acceptance to the campus. There's literally a place for everyone here.

Leah

Howard Community College is a place that I would recommend to anyone in the county or within commuting distance, especially those who are not positive about what they want to major in. I was unsure what I wanted to do after college, and so I thought going to community college was a good decision. It turned out to be a fantastic decision that I believe everyone should consider. It made me realize what I wanted to do in life and what career path I wanted to enter. The staff at HCC is incredible, and I almost always had a positive experience with them. I highly recommend HCC for students who live in the area and for those who are looking to go to college, but are not yet sure what their overall plans are. Even if you do know what you would like to do after school, I believe that HCC is a good start because the campus is wonderful, staff is amazing, and you can save some money.

Xavier

Wonderful school, faculty, and more. Great diverse environment with endless resources and students are given opportunity to succeed everyday. The professors are always very willing to help the students learn and become better people. The food is about average or a little better than average but still pretty tasty.

Danielle

I like campus life. I enjoy how they have extracurricular activities such as harvest fest or movies on the quad, They have good activities to help students relax and take their minds off of schoolwork from time to time such as yoga, music on campus, karaoke, and acupuncture. It is a fun, and enjoyable time. The schoolwork is a lot to be handled for everyone so the extracurricular activities help everyone relax and to think clearly.

Marygrace

It is a great step into college from High School. The class sizes are similar to high school so the classes are not too big to be left in the background. Most of the teachers are great. Some are really passionate about what they teach and make it easy to learn. Others can be dull but you still learn. A few teachers are not that great. One is so old school that I never knew my grade until my final grades came out, scary. The facilities are good, everything close so walking across campus from one building to the next takes about 5 minutes.

Ahmed

It is a great school for almost all people to attend with ease.

It is a great school for almost all people to attend with ease.

There is a small group of people that band together here and there intermittently for soccer whenever they have the free time.

The students attend their separate situations only socializing with their friends and are polite to the rest of the people there.

The curriculum is not intense or difficult. It is soft for those willing to dedicate time and energy for themselves.

Michelle

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior, I would emphasize the importance of focusing on the end goal as well as the little steps along the way. When I was a senior I had my heart set on going to my dream school and I was not open to any other possibilities; while I still want to end up at my dream school eventually, I now realize how important stepping back and considering my options objectively is. While going to my dream school would have provided me with more opportunities for internships and allowed me to have a "college experience", my current school allows me to attend without incurring large amounts of debt and has an excellent academic program. This thinking would have helped me make other good decisions in my senior year from academics, to friendship, to my health. I was in a huge hurry to grow up and get on with my adult life as a senior, and I should have taken some time to think about my decisions.

HCC is good for people who are still looking for what they want to do as well as those who know what they want to do and need a place to get some credits out of the way relatively cheaply.

We have a major parking problem, the school is expanding so rapidly the administration keeps building new buildings to accomodate the new students. However, there is a limited amount of land on the campus and they have started building on top of parking lots. We already have 2 large parking garages as well as multiple parking lots but there still is not enough space.

Jon

When you transfer into college make sure that you have your degree program mapped out. What I mean by this, is that you should have a schedule of how many credits, and what specific classes you are going to take each semester so that you keep a good balance of credits each semester. I personally did not do the best job of this and now I am taking over 18 credits so that I can graduate on time. Having a mapped out plan creates peace of mind as a student because you have exact direction throughout your collge life. Also, interacting with teachers and going to office hours whenever you can creates good communication which can help you out towards the end of the semester as they are more willing to help students who show interest and dedication in their course.

Someone who doesn't know what they want to do with their career or someone looking to save money while getting college credit. It is a good place for students who haven't fully matured and aren't ready for a full time school work load that many four year universities offer.

The most frustrating part is that I feel like I am in high school and the people around me don't take school serious enough. I feel like I work harder because I am at this school for financial reasons and many others are at the school because of the lack of effort whether that being in high school or first year college.

Howard Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.