Howard Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Howard Community College

Catherine

I have been attending Howard Community College for the past year as a dual-enrolled student. I have had such a great experience with online learning there. Teachers get back to my quickly and the workload has never been too much for me. Though a community college does not have the "college experience" one might immediately think of, I have learned a lot and would not want to change anything. If you are looking for an excellent college education that won't break the bank, HCC is the way to go!

Racheal

Its a affordable way to start adulthood because it doesn't cost as much as universities yet the education is really good even comparing to regular universities.

Faith

Great community college campus. It looks and feels very updated. I enjoy the feel and the upkeep. People seem nice so far. It can get a little confusing when getting information actually to the students. Good class size and professors. People wish there was better food and activities on campus.

Ramsey

It is a good school. The campus is clean as a whole. Parking there is quite a problem. The advisors are helpful and teachers are there to help as well, they have office hours. It is a safe campus with good class ratios. The food on campus is ok, but we have lots of food shops around to eat at. There are no dorms because it is a community college, but there are apartments around the campus you can rent out.

Rhoda

It's a great school that does a lot for students. There are a lot of facilities for students to use in order to not fall behind in studies. Professors are available a majority of the time and are willing to help you do better. There are some rough professors but i'm sure that's the case everywhere. Over all a great school and I'm glad that I decided to go here.

Nedra

Howard Community College is a community college that challenges their students. The campus has been on construction for sometime in different areas of the campus, so that the campuses technology would be better. The school has some top of the line study tools and technology that helps the student learn better. Some of the professors are okay depending on what subject you are looking into. I favor the online classes over the in classes. Their science classes tends to be the most challenging. There isn't any on campus housing, but there is apartments that are off campus that are walking distance from the school. Over all, Howard Community College is a well known school and a great school to attend.

Marygrace

It is a great step into college from High School. The class sizes are similar to high school so the classes are not too big to be left in the background. Most of the teachers are great. Some are really passionate about what they teach and make it easy to learn. Others can be dull but you still learn. A few teachers are not that great. One is so old school that I never knew my grade until my final grades came out, scary. The facilities are good, everything close so walking across campus from one building to the next takes about 5 minutes.

Oluwatoyin

If you want to attend a school that has a little bit of everything, Howard Community college is the place to be. It's a notable partner of various schools in Maryland, making it a great place to transfer from to a university. Most importantly, the professors are phenomenal! The class sizes are small, so students are able to create relationships with their professors that come handy when you need letters of recommendation. Their motto is 'You can get there from here' and being a student there currently, I can't say I disagree.

Danielle

I like campus life. I enjoy how they have extracurricular activities such as harvest fest or movies on the quad, They have good activities to help students relax and take their minds off of schoolwork from time to time such as yoga, music on campus, karaoke, and acupuncture. It is a fun, and enjoyable time. The schoolwork is a lot to be handled for everyone so the extracurricular activities help everyone relax and to think clearly.

Natalie

Overall, I think that Howard Community College is a fantastic place in terms of education and staff. The degree programs are easy to follow, and provide a solid foundation to later transfer your credits. In addition, there are a variety of colleges and universities that have guaranteed admission agreements with HCC, which can act as an incentive to keep your grades up. Aside from pursuing a degree to transfer, HCC is helpful to those seeking a second degree or a new career paths; again, their degree programs are easy to follow and keep up with. The majority of professors are enthusiastic about their subject, which makes classes interesting to attend and learn in, and are easily contactable outside of class. The one drawback of this school is the lack of social atmosphere - there's no sense of greater community. However, the excellent standards of education more than make up for it, and HCC in general is a great option for those seeking a college where they can build a foundation, or go straight into a career from.

Rida

I love Howard Community College! The people are great, classes are interesting and they have a large variety with great class sizes. The teachers are very nice and helpful plus campus is clean, safe, and accessible. If I am being very honest, I do not want to leave. It is the best community college I have ever seen.

Leah

Howard Community College is a place that I would recommend to anyone in the county or within commuting distance, especially those who are not positive about what they want to major in. I was unsure what I wanted to do after college, and so I thought going to community college was a good decision. It turned out to be a fantastic decision that I believe everyone should consider. It made me realize what I wanted to do in life and what career path I wanted to enter. The staff at HCC is incredible, and I almost always had a positive experience with them. I highly recommend HCC for students who live in the area and for those who are looking to go to college, but are not yet sure what their overall plans are. Even if you do know what you would like to do after school, I believe that HCC is a good start because the campus is wonderful, staff is amazing, and you can save some money.

Olivia

The over all opinion of Howard College is it is an amazing faculty and it offers lot of fields to work in and study. The classes are not too big to so that there is time for the student to get time from the teacher. The classes provide perfect learning areas.

It is a wonderful college, and I always feel included, involved, and acknowledged when I am on campus. I wear a face veil as a Muslim woman, and the college has gone above and beyond to make sure I never feel discriminated against and that I have equal opportunity to succeed just like everyone else.

samuel

I think that this school is very good. As a music major, I was thoroughly surprised by the quality of the music department. the environment is fantastic and is a great place to focus. the facilities great and the people are friendly. overall, I am glad I chose to come here first on this journey.

Lorette

It is an excellent school for continuing education or to work on a certificate degree. There are many aspects of the school that are geared towards helping students achieve their goals. The staff both in the classroom and around the campus bring a sense of community to the school that is hard to find at other locations.

When I first decided to apply to Howard Community College, I was reluctant. I was unsure of what I wanted to major in and I was envious of my other friends who were already enjoying "campus/dorm life" at their respective universities. After a year of attending HCC, my perception completely changed. The subjects I struggled with most in high school, became my strongest courses. I know that without the constant help and availability my professors provided, I would not be able to be a 4.0 nutritional science student. I recommend HCC to anyone who wants the best for his or her own education.

Xavier

Wonderful school, faculty, and more. Great diverse environment with endless resources and students are given opportunity to succeed everyday. The professors are always very willing to help the students learn and become better people. The food is about average or a little better than average but still pretty tasty.

Maricruz

It is a great school focused on benefiting the student with a lot of activities with the students in mind. There is never a moment when a professor does not offer to help or is interactive with students. Although, I believe that the professors here are very accommodating to all types of needs for all types of students.

Howard College has made an impact on my life. My sister attended Howard College before me. She helped me navigate the process of dual credit. I have been given an opportunity to further my education that many before me were not able to have! I have had several teachers that have been instrumental in making my experience so much richer. Mrs. Nancy Treadwell has been an amazing influence on my life. She has been a wonderful teacher. She is tough, but she is fair! Her English class was really challenging. I feel that it prepared me for graduate-level classes. She was encouraging, and she really took an interest in who I was. She is one of the few educators who has been firm in her beliefs and firm in her expectations. I have also had a lot of help in the administration office. They have bent over backwards to accommodate my needs and to help me succeed.

The dental hygiene program is extremely hard to get into. If you don’t live in Howard County, you have no chance of getting in.

Madison

I believe that Howard Community College, is a great school for those who want to prepare themselves, for a regular four year college.

Kaitlyn

Howard Community College has been a great start to my college experience. I went in unknowing of what I wanted to do with my life, and now I feel I have a solid plan for the future. I was given the tools to find my major, complete my general education, and find the school of my dreams. Thank you HCC!

Zoe

I personally enjoy going to Howard community college. Its close to home, offers a great range of classes and levels and has great staff. This school offers a wide variety of students that adds diversity and acceptance to the campus. There's literally a place for everyone here.

Zaynab

In my personal opinion, Howard Community College is a really good stepping stone for many people. While being nice to your wallet it still offers great academic services and opportunities for people from all walks of life. I am really glad that I took the time to take full advantage of the opportunities Howard Community College offers and I am really enjoying my time here.

CIARA

I feel safe while I am there. Security always walks and drives around the campus. The teachers are instructed to keep the doors locked at all times. The buildings are updated, clean, and bright. The professors are friendly and helpful. The staff in the finaid and advising office are also friendly, helpful. and quickly return your call or message.

Tina

The professors and faculty genuinely care about their students, which is something I do not get to say often. They want us to succeed and prosper. Although they do not provide in campus housing for it is a community college, you can find extracurricular activities almost anywhere in the school. There are events to go to, special speakers to listen in on, and even free food or snacks are offered depending on the day.

Brandon

It's an okay school, but to me it could be a little better with choosing the teachers.

Veronica

Great school, I look forward to this school. My first impression of this school is that its very freshman friendly and I feel comfortable attending this school, I was very interested to get to know the teachers and be apart of there track and field team the coach seems very friendly and he made me feel very welcomed and apart of the team.

Teneille

I like Howard Community College a lot. It's accessible to those outside of the county that it's located in. The college is very open and encouraging of the arts which is my major and why I attend the school. The school is pretty diverse and the education is good. The only thing that I think could improve about the school is it's ability to be more inclusive of the people of color on campus. As a black woman who attends the school, I often felt invisible. There were not a lot of resources that explicitly catered for me as a black woman. There are subtle things that they have, but I think that there could be more empathy and understanding about how we really feel and what we really experience as black women, so that we could feel more apart of the community college.