Brownwood, TX
Howard Payne University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Howard Payne University

Madeleine

It is a beautiful little school that is based on Baptist beleifs.

It is a beautiful little school that is based on Baptist beleifs.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself lots of advice for making the transition to college life. I would tell myself to be outgoing, and to get involved in extracurricular activities. It's so important to just get out of your dorm room and just hang out where people are. I would tell myself that it's important to spend time studying, but it's also important to make time to spend with friends and make memories that will last a lifetime. I would also tell myself not to stress out, because everything will work out in the end. There will be good days and bad days, but you must take each with a grain of salt. College is about learning: both in class and outside of class. I would encourage myself to discover who I am as a person, and embrace the person I was born to be.

There is not much to do off campus, and nowhere to eat!

I love Howard Payne. I honestly hardly have anything negative to say about except that it happens to be in the same town that I grew up in :) It is such a great place to come for community, friendship, and spiritual growth. If you want to meet amazing people, make lasting friendships, and have experiences that you will NEVER forget, this is the place for you! The professors are wonderful and helpful, the staff is encouraging, and there is ALWAYS something going on. Campus events are frequent and so worth the effort of joining in. People often think that HPU isn't fun because of the small town, but that makes it better in my opinion. We make our own fun around town, and for cheap also. And what college student doesn't like cheap? Also, the community is awesome and there are TONS of ways to get plugged in on and off campus.

I LOVE HOWARD PAYNE> I work on campus, hang out on campus, and just cannot say enough positive things about the experience. I have learned, experienced, and made the best memories I could ask for. THE COLLEGE EXPERIENCE that you only dream of---- It's here at HPU. NO lies. Real Talk.

There are such a variety of student activities at HPU. I am involved in SPC which is Student Planning Committee and we plan the new student orientation for the Fall semester. I also did SAC which is Student Activities Committee and they plan coffeehouses, movie nights, skating nights, bowling nights, raves, worship, and so much more. Athletic events are also very popular. Our girls basketball team is AMAZING. There is always something going on. People get together and play sports, games, you name it. The dating scene is entertaining. I am also involved in Delta Chi Rho, which is a Christian sorority and I love that also.

Students are so friendly and accepting at HPU. I went to UMHB before I transferred to HPU, and there is a world of difference in the student atmosphere. It is so community based, and people hang out all the time. Students are from all over, have different personalities, and different hobbies, but on the whole we all interact and get along great. We are mostly just average college kids looking for a good time, and looking to love the Lord and do His will. I LOVE MY FRIENDS, and I hang out with several groups of people. It's always a party.

I think that the academics are very impressive at HPU. Not every department can be bragged on obviously, but for the most part Howard Payne has a great success rate for jobs and grad school acceptance. I am a Business major striving for a BBA and I have a Psychology minor. I love both of these areas, and I am excited for grad school in the future. Students are competitive with each other, but also work as a team. I like my teachers, and they help in and out of class.

Howard Payne is often seen as a "homeschool" community of people, and that it is only for the Christian believers. I don't believe this is accurate, but there are a good number of people who fit into these categories.

So far what I have gotten out of my college experience is the blessings of friendship and amazing professors. Most, if not all professor's know the students by name and are interested in their lives. I greatly appreciate that in a college, such as Howard Payne University. It's definitely the cherry to the top of this private college! I am also glad to be apart of the Howard Payne family and all of it's traditions. It has been valuable to attend this college simply because it has been the best turn around for me. I wasn't that interested in furthering my studies, until I recently came to this college. I now know that I want to be successful and work hard for my Bachelor's degree.

I strongly consider the traditions of Howard Payne University to be the best thing about my school. I think it is what makes the college that much more interesting. Traditions are great for new college students to involve themselves in.

I wish I had known that this college was so friendly. I jumped right into this college, without fully knowing the college and all it has to offer. I am truly glad I came to this college. It is definitely my kind of college.

Deborah

Howard Payne University assists students by providing their immediate education, molding their vocational skills, supporting their present and future dreams, while enjoying the journey together.

I have gotten the most out of my college experience by all the many lasting friendships I have made and by all the most wonderful and qualified perfessionals I have been taught by. I have been involved in campus life and received distinguished awards because of the many opportunities at Howard Payne. I am equipped and qualified to enter the work force and to receive my master's degree. I have learned a great deal about myself, my skills, my role, and my purpose in life from the experiences I underwent at Howard Payne University (HPU). The people involved at HPU are there to be involved in your life. They want to invest in you and your future. You are truely a faceand a name, not a number. My favorite times at HPU is as a Resident Assistant. I was able to invest in new students and help them have the same wonderful experience that I had . My Resident Director, who was more like a mentor, is who I think about when I think about Howard Payne University (my alma mater). She, like many people, have invested in me and my future simply because that is their heart's desire.

As freshmen, curfew was frustrating because sometimes school organized events would go late and we still were not supposed to stay out. It is enforced to help parents relax and to help freshmen be responsible; however, realistically it only restricts the responsible students because the irresponsible students break the rules anyways. However, most freshmen broke this rule easily by planning ahead or befriending an upper-classmen. It was also frustrating as a upper-classmen Resident Assistant (RA) because it was broken so often without realistic consiquences and rearly did one fail classes or leave due to breaking this unimportant rule.

Haley

My classmates are sociable and easy to get along with, in most cases.

My classmates are sociable and easy to get along with, in most cases.

We have a great music program.

There's something wonderful about leaving home and actually discovering who you are on your own. In the few months I've been here, I've already discovered some not-so-wonderful things about myself, but it's important for me to know who I am, inside and out, so I can work towards a better future. Howard Payne in particular has been a wonderful place for me to go, because I'm still free to do, basically whatever i want, but there's enough guidance and structure available if i need it, so that I won't get lost in the crowd or allow things to get out of control. The faculty and staff here are some of the most caring people I've ever met, and the students exemplify the same qualities and characteristics.

ANGELA

AT THIS TIME IN COLLEGE EXPERIENCE I HAVE LEARNED THAT SCHOOL IS VERY INPORTANT. BEING ABLE TO GO ANYWHERE IN LIFE YOU ARE HAVING TO HAVE AN EDUCATION. WHEN I AM IN CLASS I LOOK FORWARD TO LEARNING SOMETHING NEW THAT I DID NOT KNOW. BEING ABLE TO MEET NEW PEOPLE IS A JOY. YOU START TO LEARN NEW THING'S NOT ONLY ABOUT YOURSELF, BUT OTHER'S AS WELL. EVERYDAY LIFE IS A LEARNING GAME. BEING IN SCHOOL TEACHES YOU A TRADE THAT YOU HAVE A LOVE FOR SO YOU CAN TAKE THAT SKILL AND HELP PEOPLE. I LEARNED THAT I AM A BETTER STUDENT THAN I WAS GIVING MY SELF CREDIT FOR. JUST ENJOYING THE LITTLE STEPS THAT ARE THOUGHT TO US TO HELP MAKE OUR LIVES EASIER. LIKE KEEPING NOTES, TO BEING ABLE TO KEEP A TASK LIST THAT HELPS YOU GET MORE DONE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

The students at Howard Payne are welcoming, enthusiastic, cheerful, and down right friendly. They will lend a hand when you need one without you even having to ask. When you're having trouble in a class they will automatically help you if you need help figuring something out. When there is a test coming up they set up study sessions, so everyone will get the information they need. They are all just good people in a very good environment.

The thing that I've gotten most out of my college experience while going to Howard Payne University this short amount of time is that not all people or all colleges are bad. My first college I went to I got rear-ended by a drunk driver and was also sexual harassed, and the officals at the school did nothing about either of those incidences. When I first began going to school at Howard Payne I was afraid it was going to turn out just like that, but I was wrong. The teachers are wonderful, the students are amazing, the administrators are helpful, and the whole campus is laid back. It's been a wonderful experience and I've even made friends. Which is valuable to me because with my past I'm not one to be outgoing, but at the college people take you under their wings and I'm very grateful for that.

There isn't many things that are too annoying about my school. I would have to say short classes are what annoys me the most because right when the teacher begins to really teach it's already time to go.

Ariel

College has been one of the most interesting experiences I have ever had. It has helped me to not only broaden my knowledge in the educational world but, also in the real world. I believe that college has taught me so many life lessons that I will be able to apply to my future. Although college is expensive, I believe it is the best investment I have ever made because of everything it has taught me.

T.

A Christian school where friendships are deep and education is important.

A Christian school where friendships are deep and education is important.

College is a whole new world where you can find out who you really are. It is a new beginning when you can find out if you really are who you have been or if you've been putting on a show all of high school. I have met new friends that i am looking forward to keeping untill my death. It has taught me how to manage my time and it has helped me mature as a person.

Someone who wants to party every night and who doesn't care about school or education.

Josh

It is a small tight knit group of student where the professors actually care about the students.

While attending Howard Payne University I have gotten more than I anticipated. My friends from there are still my friends now even a year after graduation. The professors helped me find exactly what I needed to in order to become the best person and graduate tht i could be. The University taught me how to be not only a good student but a better person.

A person looking for nothing but parties and care nothing about education.

Howard Payne University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.