Howard Payne University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Howard Payne University

Howard Payne is a nice little campus, but the cafeteria food is lacking, there aren't many activities for college students to do around town, the dorms are loud, advisors often screw up student schedules, and financial aid has very little knowledge when it concerns the VA benefits that will be applicable here. I was told before I came that I could use the Hazelwood act and then told I couldn't, then I had a financial advisor try to tell me I could use it, but she was wrong. I love majority of my professors, but I am transferring because the school is too expensive and as a teaching major it is not worth going into a bunch of debt.

SHANNON

I really like the small classroom sizes.

Justin

I am currently enrolled as a Freshmen. I enjoy the college environment as well as the class size. Instructors are just great. The Campus is beautiful and the student body has been very welcoming. I would highly recommend HPU to anyone interested.

Trystin

I really enjoy my school! I love all the people and teachers here.

Skyler

Howard Payne is an excellent university that is academically challenging, but my favorite thing about Howard Payne is how much the professors care about their students both in and out of the classroom. Only at Howard Payne can you go to your professor's house for dinner or knock on the president's door to play with his dog.

Caprica

My overall opinion on the school is that the twin is very very small but the school is like a town of its own. Also everyone knows everyone, so sometimes it’s like a flashback to a upgraded high school with all of the drama . Overall in class and with the teachers they care if they see you putting in the effort into your work and your degree.

Jack

I love Howard Payne University. The best part about it is the feeling of family and community you have with the other students on campus. Smaller class sizes and teachers who seem genuinely concerned about you as a student really help you succeed. Additionally, they offer great scholarships to help you pay for school.

It is a good school with very nice teachers who are willing to work with you on anything you need. Howard Payne is a small campus, so the classes are smaller which makes it easier for the teachers to be able to help you with whatever you need help on.

Talya

I enjoy the atmosphere and everyone is very friendly and helpful. The professors are dedicated to getting there students into the curriculum as well as offering outside office hours. Though there isn't much around student coordinated activities are almost always going on. Traditions are also one of the great things at Howard Payne

Nadia

When I first came to Howard Payne University (HPU) I was greeted with smiles and cheerfulness. They never judged me from where I came from and understood when my payments were not right away. Since the classroom was small, the professor was was always reachable. They always had something going on that it was probably hard to not join a club. Each club or organisation at least went on a trip somewhere, whether it was close or it was in another country. When finals came they are respectful of anyone who was studying and had the kitchen open to get snacks. Since this college is christian based the safety was their priority. Drinking and any sexual activity was never a worry, and since those are the main things at any college party this just proves that trouble is not everyday. In all HPU has given me a home away from home, starting with the commitment to get a person to where they need to get to or the food they may serve. It all just gives you just a warm feeling.

Jordan

As I considered colleges, HPU was not my first-choice school. A short while after settling on a larger college, I realized my own uncertainty. However, attempts to handle this uncertainty myself only increased my stress, so, finally, I started praying, "God, where do YOU want me to be?" Two months before graduation, God put HPU in my path. During my tour, I realized that I did not want to be a "number" on a campus or find my identity in any accomplishment. I saw the academic advantages of a smaller college, the plethora of opportunities at this University, and, most importantly, the tools I needed to grasp my identity in Christ and grow personally. The process of making my college decision was a real-life testament to Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV), "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." I am currently a freshman cheerleader studying jurisprudence in the Honors Academy here at Howard Payne University. Thankfully, I have not once experienced the common freshman feeling of being "lost in the shuffle." No matter where I go on campus, I always see a friendly face. I am proud to be completing my undergraduate studies as a Yellow Jacket. Sting 'Em!

Alex

My overall opinion is that it’s good! I grew up in a small town! And the classes aren’t that big, you actually can talk to your professors. And they will help you with anything you need! Everyone treats you like a friend. Overall it has been a great experience!

Devin

I love Howard Payne. I have grown so much here and met so many great people. College has been one of my favorite life experiences because I came to Howard Payne. The housing and food could be better, but I have been a part of the Student Government and I know that there are people working to make the campus a better place.

Diana

My overall opinion of Howard Payne is that it always makes sure that all students are comfortable. In my experience when i was looking for a college to attend Howard Payne would always get me excited. The 5 hour drive from my house to Howard Payne was always worth it. Only Howard Payne would worry about me and check up on me and when I chose it as my college it felt right.

Amy

Howard Payne is a fantastic university for someone who is devoted to God and their education. I enjoy the small class sizes and how accessible the professors are. There is always someone willing to help. Most students at Howard Payne participate in an NCAA sport. The only downside is that there isn't much to do around the community and the nearest big city is an hour away.

kolbi

i will be attending soon and think it is a great college, you get the feeling of being on campus but without the chaos. all the facilities are nice and get revamped regularly.

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!