Washington, DC
Howard University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Howard University

Anastasia

Howard University is a school of excellence.

Howard University is a school of excellence.

Make sure you visit the college you plan to attend before making your final decision. Once you have chosen your college and enrolled, GET INVOLVED, MAKE LOTS OF FRIENDS, DON'T STRESS TOO MUCH!!

The worst thing about my school is the poor facilities and the administration. The faclities are old and outdated. The administrators can be rude and misplace papers frequently.

Daniella

My classmates are random and unique individuals that are driven towards their chosen careers.

My advice would be to visit all of your choice schools before sending in the application because you may find out that you don't really like the campus. That saves alot of money. Also get involved in whatever activities you like to do and choose the major that is best for you and that you can see yourself doing for the rest of your life.

I tell them that it is a great cultural experience with a lot of opportunities. It is a great enviroment to see ethnic people thrive and grow.

Doretta

It is one of the best dressed campuses in America. It is comprised of all black students.

Visit the college during the school year so that you get a chance to see it in full swing.

The reputation of this institution is known across the nation.

Dinah

My school is an excellent institution that isnt perfect in every aspect, but its perfect for me.

My classmates are diverse in every sense of the word.

First pick many institutions that you might be interested in. Then narrow down that list with things that you prefer (city/urban, big/small, athletics, research, finanical aid). After you made this list, visit the campus and check what you liked and disliked. This will help form a smaller list. Then apply to your schools.

Stephen

This university is one of the premiere in the world and the best go there. That said, the best is NOT simply academic. You have to be a well rounded person to attend Howard and succeed. The student culture is multifaceted.

I truly appreciated my college experience, but I wish I was prepared financially. I took out over 90k in student loans to cover this elite school but soon after graduation I found that I couldn't find a job that would pay me nearly enough of what it costs to stay current. My student loan bills are over 1000 per month! I wish I'd known that if I didn't get a scholarship initially that if I worked hard I could earn a full ride in subsequent years.

Dear Parents: I know that you are considering sending your students off to college and are consulting some of the best and brightest resources out there; in your opinion. However, please consider strongly the words that I now pen. I left suburban California for a prestigious school on the east coast. I could have gone to school in one of CA's many state universities but I wanted to go to the best school possible. What I didn't know (neither did my parents) was that as soon as I set foot on campus, I'd begin piling on a mountain of debt. I assumed that everyone took out student loans and that the loans were as easy to pay back as they were to get. I was wrong. I am in the hole. School is necessary but it is also expensive. IF you DON'T have the means, consider an alternative. Your son or daughter's transition into adulthood will be less burdensome. If they are adamant about going off to a school you can't afford, assure your kid has the grades and dicipline to find an alternative to outrageous loans. They WILL thank you in four years.

Be sure to visit the college and not only take the tour but find students to talk to and see how they feel. I would figure out what area each University specializes in and go to a college geared toward what you would like to do, go to departments your interested in and talk to professors, look in on some of the classes to see class sizes and how active discussions are. Ask professors if they will allow you to sit in on a class so you can get a fill for how it is run. It is also very important to get a good idea of the financial aid available and what is typically given. Instead of trusting the school talk to students and see what their experiences are with financial aid because just because a school says that offer a lot of financial doesn?t mean they actually do and many schools have a lot of problems with financial aid and students are left struggling to get by from semester to semester. But overall I would say to just find a nice safe location where you feel comfortable and let your heart guide you to the right school.

Everyone is very comfortable around each other, we all share a common ond. It is also very easy to talk to professors and to get help finding internships.

A person that is really career driven, knows what they want to do already, and is very interested in extra curricular activities. Also a person who would like to attend a majority african american university with mostly african american professors and interested in learning more about african american culture.

There is diversity among the different activities and extracurriculars on campus. Howard's campus is set in an urban neighborhood instead of a college-town type campus.

Make sure that the prospective student vists the campus on a "normal" day not just around exciting times like homecoming. Visit the dorms, walk around the campus to get a feel of what the student will be experiencing. Check out the surrounding areas and neighborhoods and the distance to grocery stores and places like Target or CVS. Check out the cafeteria and see where the student will be eating and if possible what kinds of foods are served on a daily basis. Know about security issues and dangers or common situations that occur in the area. Make sure the field that the student wants to go in has a good program and offers things like a dual degree program if wanted.

How exciting homecoming is and the type of education I am receiving from the School of Communications.

chrisitna

The most mportant advice that I could give to students and parents that are trying to make the right decision as to which college or university they should attend is to think about how you want to live out your college exoerience, what do you want people to think about when they find out that you attended a certain college or university. I would also say that someone looking for a college or university to attend should really think about what they love to do and not what they think they should do to make money butwhat they love to do and then choose a school that will most help you to do that thing that you love as well as find innovative ways to survive in this capitalistic society. that is the key to geting a real education and starting a career you have to really believe in the things that you love to do and go after them so taht you can find a way to share it with the world.

We are very much concerned with perserving the historical part of our school which includes the scholars that have passed through here, and the feeling that one must be great to exemplify those who fought to get what we have now at an HBCU.

I tend to brag about the family aspect that you get here at Howard, and the very diverse surroundings, I also brag about the culture and knowldge here at Howard we have a lot of very intellectual and innovative students here.

Howard University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.