Howard University

« See more reviews of Howard University

So Howard was founded in 1867, and not a thing has changed. There has been some renovations here and there, but the best thing about our campus is the historic beauty. Our buildings may be old, but they hold stories that can never be replaced. Prefect example: The school of communications used to be Freeman's hospital. There are aspects of this building that are honestly quite appalling and may deter people from wanting to receive their education here, and even though the administration has been working on getting us a new building, many of us (including myself) would still hate to see the building go. Our history is so important, and its a way of knowing our culture and who we are, so its something you grow to love. A new building wouldn't say "this is the place where great people were literally born" or have the same ascetics as the rest of the buildings on campus. So the buildings are beautiful, in a historical way, but they can use some changes.

To a Prospective Howard student I would say to make sure you apply for any and every scholarship while you're in high school. It is imperative that one has their financial means as well as their grades in tact. Keeping your grades up can open up a lot of oppotunities for Howard students especially financially. If you are coming to Howard make sure you are ready and willing to stay focused and keep in mind what you are at school for. Don't waste the oppotunity, be prepared to learn, and make your freshman experiencence memorable.

If you have full scholarships, or enough scholarships to fully cover your tuition every year you are here (because of the extra required PE classes and non sense divisionals you may be here longer than four years) then go for it and come, if not, go elsewhere, it is not worth the money and/or the debt. There are few good teachers but the hastle to get into the class you need is terrible. Be prepared for the run around by administration. If your're expecting excellence, you will be disappointed.

My school is a nice place to get a solid enduring education, being a HBCU (Historically Black University), that's currently located at the nation's capital, It has a nourishing campus life atmosphere that'll make sure that every prospective student who decides to attend it graduates ready to be able to contribute positively in terms of socially, educationally and having accomplished all goals set forth, meaning it's a hardworking arena where every student has to study hard to succeed.

Howard University is bittersweet because its history gives students great confidence and pride in everything they attempt to do while we are definitely on our own when it comes down to keeping up grades and having to run around the school to get approvals, whether it may be housing, registration, or finances. Although our administration isn't the best, our love for the school's campus itself and its legacy always overcomes the glitches that we have to take care of day to day.

My school in one sentence is excellence. Howard University is a prestigious HBCU and the best. It is the Harvard of all HBCUs. At Howard you will not only receive an enriching academic experience but you will meet some of the most interesting and intelligent people to grace a college campus. Howard University embraces and is diversity. There are so many students from all over the world that attend Howard. Howard is excellent in every aspect of college life.

My school is rich and history and dedicated to providing all of its students an opportunity to receive an education. I attend Howard University in Washington, DC. Howard is an HBCU (Historically Black College and University). Being a Howard University srudent there is a certain level of respect and friendship that is apart of the Howard campus. You can't help put feel at home when you walk the yard.

I think that Howard is a wonderful University that is centered on progression and success while alowing students to get a glimpse of the capitol city and the world we live in, while introducing and indulging in the various parts of the different African American diasphoras, with a mission that is focused on developing the students into leaders for the future and in our local and global community .

This is a kind of do-it-yourself school. Expect the unexpected. Everything is not going to be easy, you'll have to work hard. People will discourage you, but you are your strongest believer. Work hard for your goals because no one is going to hand you a job. However, get involved, trust it helps relieve the stress. Go forward and never look back, you will succeed.

My school is AMAZING! Due to the fact that we are located in DC we are surrounded by history and opportunities. Being at Howard has given me a new perspective on life and the possibilities we all possess. I am enjoying my experience here and can't wait to see what else is in store!