Howard University

« See more reviews of Howard University

My classmates are supportive and reliable.

My classmates are black excellence.

Professional, keeps to themselves.

Fun-loving, smart, diverse people.

My classmates are very diverse.

We are family!

They vary.

Helping

n/a

Howard's a historically Black university, so its not too racially diverse, but there are a sprinkle of non-Black students, quite a few international students, and a lot of multicultural students. The only divides that exist are probably socio-economic and... I don't know, maybe just the divisons of cliques and Greeks and other organizations. A lot of people may feel out of place at Howard at first, but everyone usually finds somewhere to fit in pretty quickly. There aren't too many loners. Most students dress to kill for class. Most people stick to their own as far as interaction goes, although there's usually an oddball within certain groups. Howard students are from all over the place though, which is good because it doesn't make you feel like you're the only one new to the area, or the only one far from home. There's people from different states and people from different countries. Only a small fraction are from the area(DC/MD/VA). Most students seem to come from upper-class families, but a lot are middle-class. There aren't too many people from TRUE low-income homes. Some students are politically aware/active, while most simply pretend to be. I'd say most are left and center, but there are some rights. Everyone probablys assumes that we'll all be successful in the future.